DOA5U Kasumi's match video and critique thread

Tenryuga

This is where we post our match vids so we can get some insight on how to level up and master the ways of the mugen tenshin princess together. Don't be afraid to post! :kasumi:

Nameless Sama

I will start ! I am a Hayabusa Player and dont be angry if I dont play well :O. :hayabusa:

Here are some of my Kasumi gameplays:

Tenryuga

I gave you feedback on the first and last video in the other thread so I'll comment on the second vid.

:4::H+K: :5: :3::3::P: is not guaranteed. If the opponent knows how to stagger escape they can block :3::3::P: and punish you. The moves that :4::H+K: guarantee are :1::P:, :4::P:, :3::P:, :6::K:, and :3::K:. :1::P: is the most consistent followup to :4::H+K: because :3::P: and :4::P: may whiff in some cases. Also be sure to hit confirm your moves. You did :4::H+K: and it was blocked, but you still went on and did :3::3::P: anyway. That is attacking out of disadvantage and if your opponent chose to retaliate with a mid you would have gotten counter stunned. You got lucky and got the high crush. If you see that your opponent does not know how to stagger escape then instead of launching with :3::3::P: launch with :3::H+K:. :3::H+K: leads to more damaging juggles than :3::3::P:.

I can see that you rely on :4::P::P: to get you counter stuns. Not that this is a bad move to use for counter poking but she has other better options IMO. :6::P: is faster than it at 11 frames and it can be hitconfirmed into additional pressure if it's blocked. :3::P: is a deep stun on counter hit and can be confirmed into pressure if blocked by delaying the second P. You can also just use :3::P::P: which is a 2 in 1 meaning they cannot hold the second punch if you hit them with the first punch. :4::P: on the other hand offers poor mixups if you fail to land the counter hit so 9 times out of 10 you have to free cancel or block. If you are trying to counter poke somebody use :6::P: and :3::P: more often. Use :4::P: on characters that have crushes that destroy Kasumi's :6::P:. Also be sure that if you are going to use :4::P::P: you do it as a hitconfirm on a :4::P: stun. You seem to just be putting :4::P::P: on the screen without knowing if your opponent has been stunned by :4::P: or not.

Stop using :9::P::K: at distance. It worked out in your favor here but against a skilled opponent that move isn't getting you anywhere. In general you are playing very unsafe. You toss out :H+K::K: for reasons I can not figure out. You opponent liked to press buttons so he was getting caught by it but an experienced player would have blocked and punished you for that every time. The same goes for the raw :7::K:.

The thing about Kasumi is that you should rarely finish her strings. You finish :4::P::P:, :1::P::P: too often and I saw you finish :3::K::K: which you should almost never do with her. If you are going to use :3::K::K: you are better off using it against the wall and delaying it. Other than that you should always stop at :3::K:. The same goes for her :H+K:. You don't ever need to use :H+K::K:.

So for now just work on playing safely with her. She is an extremely unsafe character so unfortunately you WILL get punished one way or another but at least you can make an effort to reduce the amount of times you do punishable things with her.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
When I get back on this week, I'll post some of mine up too because I'm looking for all the feedback that I can get. I haven't been on as of late because I'm in the deep depth of school right now & enjoying a lot of football (Go Noles lol )with some of my friends.

Tenryuga

You still need to work on what to do when you are at distance. You are whiffing :6::6::K::K: when you aren't using it for whiff punishment. ALWAYS STOP at :6::6::K: or Vanilla :6::6::K::K: if you are trying to use the move to get in. I saw you using :3::P+K:. This is good to get in but not at the ranges you were using it. At the ranges you were at you would be better off dashing in or using :6::6::P:. You are also using unsafe moves like :2::3::6::P: at distance which if your opponent was a patient player would have been blocked and punished hard. You also use raw :3::H+K: at distance. That is not a range poke; It is a launcher. You should only be using this when you have your opponent stunned and in a deep stun at that. Have you seen Allan Paris' beginner guide? I think it would help you out:

http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/kasumis-beginner-tutuorial-doa5u.2726/

I saw less :4::P::P: this round so that was good but I would like to see you use :6::P: and :3::P: / :3::P::P: more. Also you do not want to retaliate with a mid punch as Kasumi every time. An experienced player would have gotten a hold on your :4::P: since 9 times out of 10 that was the move you chose to retaliate with. With Kasumi you want to learn how to use your :P: string mixups, Mid punches, and :2::P: / :1::P: to score counter hits and interrupt the opponent. That way you aren't getting mid punch held from neutral 24 / 7. As Kasumi though that is inevitable so don't worry if it happens, just make an effort to have it happen as little as possible.

Another thing you should work on is launching the opponent and juggling them. You stun the opponent a few times but you fail to convert the stuns into launchers. Check the juggle thread for some of those and you can PM me if you don't understand the format or anything like that. And if you are on PSN feel free to add me so we can dojo and I can give you some beginner tips.

Keep at it man. I can tell you listen to the feedback you get so as long as you do that you'll be on the right track.

Tenryuga

Patrick you have to calm down when you are playing her lol. You make alot of YOLO rushdown attempts when you are at distance with her :6::6::K::K:; The unsafe version of the move at that. Any character such as Ein or Ayane with strong keepout moves would send you flying across the screen for that. You have to learn how to approach somebody patiently and move in when you see an opening.

It's hard for me to give feedback on how to improve on your offense because there was very little blocking going on on both ends; You both kept getting counterblown left and right. What I can tell you though is that you should work on some juggles and being more efficient in the stun game. Kasumi has better highs she can use in the stun game than :K::K: that offer greater mixup. Her :P: strings and :H+K: are your primary high options. :P: strings go into strong high kick, mid punch and mid kick options so you almost never have to free cancel at :P::P: on a stunned opponent unless you are going for specific setups.

Be sure to take a look at Allan Paris' beginner guide for Kasumi. It would be really beneficial for you to look over it a few times.

Nameless Sama

Like Tenryuga said you play Kasumi like a lighting bolt better say you play unsafe. I dont say that you are bad or something but because of you speed gaming which cant you control and the other reason why you drop combos OR cant make high damage. Of the orher you speed gaming are great I mean you play Kasumi fast she is called " the speed demon " here. She is very very dangerous If she is in the right hands. You have the speed but you cant control it. You MUST play safety with her if you want to be good and win against very good players. You should know what are you do ! A quit and knowing player is more dangerous than a Player who plays fast and dont have control about hisself.
-------------------------------------------->REPORT<--------------------------

1. You dont have control about yourself but you can make it that is not a porblem we can practice together :hayabusa:
2. You speed gaming is good BUT if we see it of the other side and if you would have control about your character you would be very dangerous but till to the time you need so much experince.

3. Try to play quietly till you are mastered her really. There are some players who are playing fast and quietly but such players have so much experience with their character. I dont know if you have seen such people but dont let you irritate. You are at the begining. I know I am not so good with Kasumi but I know such things AND such things are very helpful to get better. DOA is not about combos and fast. DOA is a very deep fighting game.

4. Knowledge is POWER !!!!!!!! KNOWING ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE COMBOS and CO IF YOU AT THE BEGINNING !!!!!!! Listen what Tenryuga said you should really watching Allen Paris´s Kasumi Beginner Videos. You will notice that he doesnt begin with combos and co.

For example you drive for the first time a car before you drive you learn the basic right ? AND with the knowlegde you begin to drive it quietly. !!! :hayabusa:

puhhh I am done :p I have to learn for my medicine study but after seeing that some friends need help , I couldnt continue with my work. So after this post I am feeling better now :p :hayabusa: So continue with my medicine stuff :O

Last edited:

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
Patrick you have to calm down when you are playing her lol. You make alot of YOLO rushdown attempts when you are at distance with her :6::6::K::K:; The unsafe version of the move at that. Any character such as Ein or Ayane with strong keepout moves would send you flying across the screen for that. You have to learn how to approach somebody patiently and move in when you see an opening.

It's hard for me to give feedback on how to improve on your offense because there was very little blocking going on on both ends; You both kept getting counterblown left and right. What I can tell you though is that you should work on some juggles and being more efficient in the stun game. Kasumi has better highs she can use in the stun game than :K::K: that offer greater mixup. Her :P: strings and :H+K: are your primary high options. :P: strings go into strong high kick, mid punch and mid kick options so you almost never have to free cancel at :P::P: on a stunned opponent unless you are going for specific setups.

Be sure to take a look at Allan Paris' beginner guide for Kasumi. It would be really beneficial for you to look over it a few times.

Like Tenryuga said you play Kasumi like a lighting bolt better say you play unsafe. I dont say that you are bad or something but because of you speed gaming which cant you control and the other reason why you drop combos OR cant make high damage. Of the orher you speed gaming are great I mean you play Kasumi fast she is called " the speed demon " here. She is very very dangerous If she is in the right hands. You have the speed but you cant control it. You MUST play safety with her if you want to be good and win against very good players. You should know what are you do ! A quit and knowing player is more dangerous than a Player who plays fast and dont have control about hisself.
-------------------------------------------->REPORT<--------------------------

1. You dont have control about yourself but you can make it that is not a porblem we can practice together :hayabusa:
2. You speed gaming is good BUT if we see it of the other side and if you would have control about your character you would be very dangerous but till to the time you need so much experince.

3. Try to play quietly till you are mastered her really. There are some players who are playing fast and quietly but such players have so much experience with their character. I dont know if you have seen such people but dont let you irritate. You are at the begining. I know I am not so good with Kasumi but I know such things AND such things are very helpful to get better. DOA is not about combos and fast. DOA is a very deep fighting game.

4. Knowledge is POWER !!!!!!!! KNOWING ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE COMBOS and CO IF YOU AT THE BEGINNING !!!!!!! Listen what Tenryuga said you should really watching Allen Paris´s Kasumi Beginner Videos. You will notice that he doesnt begin with combos and co.

For example you drive for the first time a car before you drive you learn the basic right ? AND with the knowlegde you begin to drive it quietly. !!! :hayabusa:

puhhh I am done :p I have to learn for my medicine study but after seeing that some friends need help , I couldnt continue with my work. So after this post I am feeling better now :p :hayabusa: So continue with my medicine stuff :O

First of all, thank you both for giving really good responses for improving myself. I will check out Allan Paris's videos and work on my juggles much more.
When i feel i have upped my game i will post new vids that you can rate and give opinions to.

Til' next time... :)

Nameless Sama

No problem you should upload often your videos here because you learn more of your mistakes then you find out your own mistakes faster. If you see Tenryugas pic then you will notcie that he has sunglas mofu ein pic that means in that case he is a good critic :p. I am like you a beginner when it comes to Kasumi. Post more videos here because the 2. reason you learn with the time to get better. Go with the time. DOA is like the life. Everything new can happen and NOT always works with plans. Don wait dude I cant wait the speed Kasumi gameplay from you xD. I laugehd till the end man. HYPER SPEEDO activated to 200%

Last edited:

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
I will upload more often, gonna practice as much as i can today and we'll see when i can upload some new clips :)

Nameless Sama

Sounds good :p If I am are are on friday or saturday I will add you then but I give you my PSN ID = NanashiXSama just you know :p. If you want I can record our matches and upload it here ? What do you think ?

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
I fought against Pokerking87 yesterday and it was a really exciting match, replay footage is coming later today. =)

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
Was the connection good ?
The connection was pretty good but poker complained as hell, I mean, one or two lagg spikes isn't that bad in my opinion.

I checked my replays in the game and apearently i saved the wrong one...so I won't be uploading anything today =(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD