DOA6 WC Killy Dominates the Competition at Summer Jam 13

The latest chapter of the Dead or Alive 6 World Championship journey ended at Big E Gaming's Summer Jam 13 with Killy and Tina obliterating every player on their path to the main event at Tokyo, Japan. Team NINJA started off Summer Jam by hosting a special exhibition featuring: International Battles, West vs. East Coast, Grudge Matches plus Male and Female Trash Matches. This excellent and exciting pre-tournament lineup could be seen as not only a precursor of things to come, but as a smashing showcase on how players are evolving and progressing with Dead or Alive 6.

There was a small announcement & update for Dead or Alive 6 after Sunday's Grand Final ended. This update had nothing to do with gameplay this time and showed off a few pictures of upcoming costumes and premium tickets (for individual costume sales) that were already leaked by @gatto tom several weeks ago. Players will also be treated to some Dead or Alive 5 flashback costume DLC that is rumored to be free.

Highlights from Pools

Dead or Alive 6 has been bashed by almost everyone under the sun, but the game has still been making an impressive offline run and we see that within every chapter of the DOA6WC. We get the same great commentary from Emery Reigns & Shade Swifteye and they do such a great job of illustrating the mind-set of the players and complexity of the characters throughout these incredible fights. You can read our live report and also check out the pool standings for yourself if you somehow missed out on all of this action!

We are seeing a star studded cast of fighters that are doing whatever they can to win this DOA6WC qualifying match. The winner of this tournament will be flown to Japan for the main event of the DOA6WC -- fighting for 30,000 USD at the end of the year. It means they no longer have to worry about keeping their standing high on the point leader board and get a stress free guarantee plus a dream come true.

The best example of this so far is XcaliburBladeZ vs. Killy with Killy taking the set six rounds to one! Killy's Tina is possibly the most dangerous character selection in the entire community. He punishes every mistake, gets his damage and stays persistent. Tina's amazing grappling abilities are shown off at full display with power-bombs and DDTs everywhere until BladeZ is dominated and fried by the devastating power of the wrestler and the electric walls at the DOA Colosseum!

Matt Ponton and Rikuto have represented Free Step Dodge beautifully so far; both having incredible sets and matches. Rikuto was able to destroy Jager's Phase 4 with a plethora of well-timed grabs and tank rolls! Matt Ponton was able to dominate Megaphone Franke after this random player talked all kinds of game before the fight on Emery's commentary headphones. Ponton swung that man all over the place with Bass before fighting and losing a set that went into last round against the mystical Black Moon Rising.

We've seen dirty tactics from Ky-Dragon abusing Kula Diamond's 'Ice Breath.' Some people say it's unsafe and easy to deal with but it continues to be an easy move to pull off for the punishing effects it awards. That being said, a lot of money is on the line so can you really blame him for abusing tech that isn't banned from the game or taken note of by Team NINJA even in version 1.09 prior to this event? Ky-Dragon is a top player and he will stop at nothing to win even if he did take a set loss to Black Moon Rising's stellar Leifang!

So far Top 16 has been full of one-sided matches in comparison to some of the fights observed in pools that have been nothing short of mind-blowing. Siologica (NiCO) has been doing great at SJ13, but in his set against Kwiggle (Christie) he was completely figured out. Sio definitely got his damage and electrocuted Kwiggle with close-hits and throw punishes, but Christie was one-step ahead 75% of the set and Kwiggle won playing a great zoning game completed by successful openings and followups. Siologica recuperates from his loss to Kwiggle later on by defeating Ky-Dragon in a very intense set to advance.

ElectrifiedMann (Helena,Christie) was also defeated quickly by Killy (Tina) a player who is clearly in an unstoppable mode and is burning legends and anyone else in his path to the main event in Japan. At this point most people in the stream chat and both commentators agree that Killy is the player to beat at this tournament. E-Mann doesn't go down easy, and he was able to find his form against Allen Paris, defeating him with beautiful Helena combos and setups.

Teru Rock won one of his biggest tournament sets yet at the DOA6WC defeating Rikuto 2-1. Rikuto has been playing at top-tier level, but it's clear that Bayman needs adjustments made to him in order to keep up with faster characters. Regardless of the fact, this match was very good and these players are great at demonstrating that the auto combo can be a great tool if used sparingly and in the right situations. Teru Rock's perfect frame delay on his moves got him the win this time, and he knew that delay was required to match Rikuto's expert and break holds.

It's unfortunate that Rikuto was eliminated by BladeZ later on, and it kind of stinks that the amazing Bboy Dragon conceded to Black Moon, but crazy things happen in top tier play. We have a stacked Top 8 streaming on Bifuteki this Sunday, and it is guaranteed that you will not be disappointed with the level of DOA-play and showmanship that will be showcased and reported by us at FSD for your entertainment and studious purposes. Thanks to FSD owner, Matt Ponton, Summer Jam 13 (Including tomorrow's Top 8) will run DOA6 on gaming PCs for both competitors and spectators alike.

Top 8 Highlights

:christie: :phase4: Kwiggle vs Killy :tina:

Despite the result being 3-0 in Killy's favor, this was one of the best openings to a Top 8 that the DOA community has witnessed. There was back and forth action, environmental awareness, two different types of characters; both playing at their best.

:kasumi: Teru Rock vs Hoodless :rig:

Since we are talking about the best players in the world, should anyone be surprised how down to the wire and close these rounds were? Hoodless threw everything at Teru Rock and spammed the sweeps because he had no choice as Teru Rock's defensive game is one of the best in the DOA community. He was consistently throwing out perfect blocks, perfect holds and counters to the onslaught of Rig.

:eliot: XcaliburBladeZ vs BlackMoonRising :leifang:

Both of these players and characters are so defensive that these bouts felt like something right out the Matrix. Lots of parries and counters in the early matches, but at the bottom of the 'Chinese Festival' is where Eliot in particular is an absolute mad dog. It's so easy to get a bound and to followup the bounce that Eliot is almost unfair in the firecracker pit. When you factor in the extra explosive ground damage and when you factor in how easy it is to bound with Eliot, you must be on your best defense, and Black Moon eventually couldn't defend himself any longer by the third game.

:mila: :helena: :christie: ElectrifiedMann vs Siologica :nico:

Siologica likes to stay with NiCO, but players like EMann love to have a surprise in store, and this time it's Mila saved specially for Top 8. The first match took place at 'Sweat' and Mila had plenty of stuns and combos to push NiCO to the ropes and laid her out with a myriad of Tomahawk throws to finish the first match. Sio made a great comeback at 'Muscle' forcing EMann to switch back to his main: Helena.

Siologica is good at fighting off Helena, but EMann's is one of the best and it shows from his Bokuho followups, Back-Turned combos and Wall-Splats. It took a loss at the 'Zero Lab' for Sio to begin building an offense against Helena, and he took a convincing game at 'A.P.O.' EMann switches to Christie for the final game, and since Sio struggles with Christie's jabs, pokes & sweeps he was quickly defeated again at the 'Zero Lab.'

:eliot: XcaliburBladeZ vs Kwiggle :phase4:

Both characters have intense range so they both played an impeccable zoning game in order to stay alive and make it a real match. All it takes is a good setup or two to end a round with Eliot & Phase 4, so it's common to see them both attempt tracking mids in their zoning process. Kwiggle does a phenomenal job of following up a blocked i7 dive with the launch throw, and his combos with or without that setup are incredible throughout this entire set.

BladeZ was defeated by Kwiggle at 'Muscle' in the most hype rounds we have seen yet. Kwiggle had him eaten up, but BladeZ made a comeback with a sliver of health left in the last round. Unfortunately isn't wasn't enough to beat out the infamous WUK to end the set.

:kasumi: Teru Rock vs ElectrifiedMann :mila: :christie:

Electrified Mann was very comfortable in his set against Teru Rock while Rock played with passion and anger; especially after his failed combo attempts at the first game in 'Chinese Festival.' Unfortunately Rock got into his own head and EMann took advantage of that with his calm, cool & collected nature. Rock got some rounds with Kasumi, but Mila & Christie were the dominant characters for most of the set.

:tina: Killy vs Hoodless :rig:

Killy is looking like he is ready to take this tournament as he utterly destroys Hoodless throughout the entire set. If Hoodless thought he had a response it was read with offensive holds, 45% grabs, and even big combo damage seen from Tina thanks to her bound from 2H+K. Whenever Killy can find more damage he applies it without missing the opportunity and a great example of this is moves and throws on the ropes of the wrestling ring.

:helena: Emann vs Mr. Kwiggle :phase4:

These two players are always so close in their fights, they persistently stop each other mid-string, and they are so familiar with each other that it's always educational and fun to spectate. Kwiggle starts taking over mid-set so EMann switches to Christie and does his best to open Phase 4 up with the faster pokes and jabs from her punch strings. The close hit is one of EMann's favorite tools as it offers big damage and a second to recuperate, but Phase 4 is amazing at finding an opening and Kwiggle defeats EMann convincingly.

:rig: Hoodless vs Kwiggle :phase4:

Rig does have good punishing options, but as Hoodless demonstrates in all of his battles, those options are fairly weak in terms of damage. After Rig is downloaded it's hard to comeback from it. Hoodless is also under pressure to pick another character from the crowd after losing 2 matches in a row to Phase 4. He sticks with Rig, but also proves that being a character loyalist can extremely challenging when the best players in the community typically have a handful of selections.

With that said he does make a huge comeback and wins two big games in a row. To Kwiggle's surprise and demise he finds himself in final round at the 'Chinese Festival' and loses the first round with a 'great.' Hoodless starts dissecting Kwiggle and defeats him all three rounds sending him to Grand Finals.

Grand Final

:tina: Killy vs Hoodless :rig:

This is the last fatal match in the US before the main event in Japan this November so this is definitely the biggest and most important Grand Final we have seen yet. The crowd is excited about this final match and there is a lot of skill and talent going into it.

After what Hoodless went through against Kwiggle and Emann he is in a new form as he fights Killy again and he wins the first fight ultra convincingly at 'Road Rage.' Killy calms Hoodless down at the 'Sweat' wrestling ring and breaks Rig apart with standing throws, shining wizards and Tina's insane stun game. Third fight in the set Killy keeps the grab game going with a Crucifix power-bomb into the electric wall being the crowd favorite moment.

Killy doesn't want a reset at 'A.P.O.' but Hoodless is playing so patient that he's forced to play that game too, but the result doesn't change as Killy never loses a set this tournament. He finished Hoodless off with the push from 44T and follows up with a beautiful Crucifix power-bomb to win Summer Jam 13! Congratulations to Killy for winning this tournament and to all the competitors for leveling up and making the trip!

Last edited:
They said on stream Killy hasn't played much DOA6 yet. But I also see him walking away with the tournament win. Tina is top tier for sure in 6.

Too bad Ky-Dragon turned down the volume of aggressiveness against Siologica after the first game. I think he could have made it to Top8.

Big respect for ShadeSwifteye and Emery Reigns for keeping commentary informative and entertaining for sooo many hours in a row. There was not a sign of exhaustion.

I hope Killy or maybe Xcalibur, or whoever uses Kasumi as my vote xD

Well you have a lot of choices. Lots of Kasumi at Summer Jam so far. :)

Thanks to Matt Ponton and everyone else involved gaming PCs were provided for Dead or Alive 6. Let's just face it: PS4 is an outdated piece of shit and the game looks absolutely fantastic running on Steam.

Last edited:
Thanks to Matt Ponton and everyone else involved gaming PCs were provided for Dead or Alive 6. Let's just face it: PS4 is an outdated piece of shit and the game looks absolutely fantastic running on Steam.

And thanks to SSD, loading times were almost nonexistent, so more matches could be shown on stream. Less waiting, more playing. :thumbs up:

Superb event. Kwiggle vs Hoodless and Xcal's near-comeback vs Kwiggle were giving me a heart attack. :D Congrats to Killy, what a dominant showing.

Ahhh Killy.....I know him. Everytime I go against him he likes to troll around and act like he doesn't want to play with me just because I'm not "good enough" which encourage me to avoid him like the plague..... fucking asshole.

Anyway, good for him for dominating the tournament.

Ahhh Killy.....I know him. Everytime I go against him he likes to troll around and act like he doesn't want to play with me just because I'm not "good enough" which encourage me to avoid him like the plague..... fucking asshole.

Anyway, good for him for dominating the tournament.

Don't you think you are being a tad presumptuous? To me it seems like Killy is a pretty private person that's all... I'm sure he meant nothing wrong to you.

Don't you think you are being a tad presumptuous? To me it seems like Killy is a pretty private person that's all... I'm sure he meant nothing wrong to you.
Yeah what I'm saying is a little over the top but when he was going against hoodless and a few other known players he was playing regular. If you don't want to play with someone who's not good then avoid them and don't waste time.

Meh its no big deal. Seeing his name brought back bad memories LOL.
I DO NOT want to have animosity towards him at all.

Hope everyone enjoyed the report and results. Made a few edits and added dividers to the different segments to even out the flow of text. Will continue with this style for all future tournament report and results.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD