Kokoro Q & A

Musourenka

I made an error concerning :H+K:; if they don't slow escape, then after :6::6::P:, :1::K::K::P: won't launch (second kick will knock down). You'll have to do :3::K::P: instead, assuming there's not a better option.

Basically, if the :6::6::P: registers as a 2-hit combo, :3::K::P:. If it doesn't, :1::K::K::P:

synce

Is there anything guaranteed if you tech opponent with 2h+k? Ex: on mid weight if you juggle with 9p9p9p9p2h+kk and they don't tech you supposedly get +20 but her 7k gets blocked, 66p whiffs, and she gets jabbed out of any grab

Roroko

You can force tech by delaying the second K of 2H+KK. I played around with follow-ups a while back and a quick step forward before qcfT seemed ok, since that throw has a bit more range than the others.

Musourenka

:6::6::P+K: puts them in an unholdable state, so Heichu is guaranteed (:P: doesn't work in a lot of situations though).

The Heichu throw puts them in a holdable critical stun, so they can hold whatever you throw out.

EDIT: Pretty sure everything else is holdable.

Lagstab

how do you guys handle the quicker characters of the game. when im under pressure, i find it hard to respond with any attacks, nothing seems quick enough.

Musourenka

I have lots of difficulties on defense, too.

:P:, :6::P:, and :2::P: are Kokoro's fastest attacks (10, 12, and 13 frames respectively). These are basically the only attacks you can rely on to outspeed someone. :6::6::P: is a 14-frame attack (good at a little farther away, though), and everything else is 15 or more. Otherwise, use a high-crushing attack (:2::H+K:) if you expect jabs. Only other option is to just block and whether the storm until you see an opening.

Kokoro has a hard time dealing with pressure, that's for sure.

synce

2p is pretty good if you land it on CH, which you probably will. If someone's trying to rush me I pull back and try to bait some whiffs (although in the case of Sarah I think that's easier said than done lol). I don't think punishers get any better than 236p

Lagstab

yeah, i h+k a lot lol, most of the time i just follow that up with 7k because they dont expect it, but those select few who block punish the hell out of it. 2p, sometimes i use, but ehh. 236p however i love.

i was tired of being at that end of the stick. so ive been working on kokoro pressure with force techs and such, kokoro is actually a great candidate for an offense such as that surprisingly. she may not have an abundance of attacks, but the variations at her disposal are a great benefit for the most part.

Roroko

:7::P: is a 12 frame high crush and critical stuns on counter hit, allowing you to start a combo straight away. On normal hit or block you can follow up with :K::P: (low, mid) or :K::F+P: (low, heichu grab).

Defense is definitely Kokoro's weakness. No mid or low crushes, no parries or advanced holds and her basic holds don't allow for any follow-ups.

NightAntilli

:7::P: is a 12 frame high crush and critical stuns on counter hit, allowing you to start a combo straight away. On normal hit or block you can follow up with :K::P: (low, mid) or :K::F+P: (low, heichu grab).

Defense is definitely Kokoro's weakness. No mid or low crushes, no parries or advanced holds and her basic holds don't allow for any follow-ups.
To add some things...

:7::P: is a high sabaki. Apparently no one seems to know this. On block, the :K: follow-up is guaranteed. Not that it's that useful, but it's good against someone who has just a sliver of life left.

:9::K: jumps over lows, but since it's a high, it's not really useful to do so.

:3::3::P+K: can crush some mids btw, but it's hard to time so kind of unreliable.

Her basic holds that have follow-ups are high kick holds and jumping kick holds. The rest don't get follow-ups, however they do give significant environmental damage.

Kokoro's defense is definitely weak, but, you have to learn to work around it. Sidestepping is very important with her, and take every opening you can get because she's hard to stop when she's on the offensive. For her, the saying 'the best defense is a good offense' definitely applies.

Musourenka

To add what NightAntilli said, the move is actually a 19 frame attack; it sabakis highs on frames 2 through 7. I like using it from time to time, but you're vulnerable to Hi-Counter Throws on the first few frames.

Additionally, I tend to rely on :3::3::P+K: for high-crushing, perhaps more than I should.

Roroko

To add what NightAntilli said, the move is actually a 19 frame attack; it sabakis highs on frames 2 through 7. I like using it from time to time, but you're vulnerable to Hi-Counter Throws on the first few frames.

So ... frames 2 to 7 are considered a parry (therefore hi-counter throwable) and everything after frame 7 is considered a strike?

How did you come up with 19 frames?

Musourenka

:7::P: can be blocked after a successful :1::H+P:, so it's at least 19 frames. I'm actually guessing at the sabaki window; most CBs are 19 frames, and the game's frame data says it comes out in 12, so I assume the sabaki lasts until frame 7. The data pauses for a moment at 2 when you do the attack, so I think the sabaki part starts on frame 2.

EDIT: I think it's actually i20. Setting the training dummy to FAST escape and Block on reaction, the AI blocks :7::P: after the second hit of :6::P::6::P: at normal range (+21 adv.). If I hit with the second elbow of :6::P::6::P: at maximum range (+22 adv), :7::P: will not be blocked.

So the sabaki window is probably 2 - 8 then.

Musourenka

Because she's an offensive powerhouse with strike mix-ups, safety, grabs mid-string, damage, unholdable stuns, and burst set-ups. A good Kokoro will just pressure the opponent until they crumble.

But mostly what Lagstab said.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD