Kokoro's Crushes

Dallas1088

Playing around with Kokoro some in the lab and looked for more moves that crush others (highs specifically). So far I've found these moves that crush High attacks:

:2::P:
:7::P:
:8::P:
:4::6::P:
:3::3::P:
:P+K:
:4::P+K:
:3::P+K: (while charging)
:1::P+K:
:6::6::P+K:
:2::F+K:

BT
:P+K:
:2::K:
:4::P: (needs tested more)

Some of these are more reliable than others obviously, but I think it's good information to be able to look up quick for new players (such as myself), especially when crushes are so important to counter-poking and getting yourself out of pressure :)

Also, thanks to KokoroFTW for getting me started in figuring our favorite Geisha out :D

Dallas1088

Roroko's right, I don't think she has much of any. I've heard of people using her :2::P+K: at the right distance to crush certain lows, but that's unreliable as all hell.

NightAntilli

Yeah :9::K: crushes lows, but since it's a high now, it's not really useful, and the follow-up punch takes too long to hit on counter hit most of the time, so even if it hits chances are you'll be at a disadvantage since it'll hit on normal hit..

I seem to have alot of trouble when im on the defensive and i try to start my offense with her,i mostly need a way to escape the quick jabs that people have or maybe find something that crushes all highs and some mids? If thats even possible with her. Otherwise i really like her as a character and would like to continue using her,but as long as i keep getting beat out when im transitioning from defense to offense,ill be discouraged and will probably not use her as much until i get better lol. Any tips?

NightAntilli

Sidestepping or :7::P:, maybe :3::3::P+K:.. Or try using :2::P: to interrupt. She is hard to defend with, especially when you're used to characters who have a parry.

Koompbala

Pardon me but I still don't get what exactly a crush is...can someone help me out?

Taken from the wiki

Crush: Any attack that can beat out another attack by either going under an attack or jumping over an attack. Crushing does not involve out speeding other attacks; it actually can beat out faster attacks if the crush goes around the faster attack

Example of a high crush would be 2P goes under highs. Say at the beginning of the match. Your opponent jabs you. You 2P your 2P goes under the jab. A crush there you go 2H+K would be a high crush too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD