Lack of decent(ish) male costumes for DOA5?

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I don't know if anyone's posted anything similar about this before, but I just feel like there weren't any quality costumes for the men. Some of them were just recolors of other outfits, (like Eliot and Rig). I just feel like they could've done a little bit better when it came to designing some outfits for the men. :/

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
They actually discuss it quite a bit especially recently. I personally don't really care it's nice to have a choice but coming from DOA4 where I only used 2 costumes even though I had 3...yeah. as long as you got one good costume you should be fine.

Chapstick

It's been talked about A LOT and it gets pretty heated and someone seriously said calling for more outfits for dudes and thinking the girls have a lot is sexist and I got called a chauvinist over it which is something I don't think I'll ever get over because it was just so ridiculous.

The guys certainly do need some better ones. Just look at Zack. At least he got a half decent one with the blue hoodie.

o_YUE_o

I think the design team simply just doesnt want to take the risk, cause of past games and DoA's reputation of sex appeal. I wouldnt mind drawing up some designs and sending it Team Ninja to consider working on. Who knows it could be a community project I could lead for FSD.
5.gif

Rawbietussin

TN's originality when it comes to costumes these days is going down the drain but that's no excuse. They are seriously neglecting other fans/gamers who either: (a) Uses a male main; (b) Wishes to see the tables turned when it comes to fanservice and; (c) Simply wants more costumes for the guys.

o_YUE_o

yet... I'm just sitting here. Burning my tongue while drinking Sweeten, Sugary and relaxing Lemon Tea
5.gif

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

I think the design team simply just doesnt want to take the risk, cause of past games and DoA's reputation of sex appeal. I wouldnt mind drawing up some designs and sending it Team Ninja to consider working on. Who knows it could be a community project I could lead for FSD.

That's a great idea. I'd love to help out and send designs over too even if I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to drawing. XD

I was starting to think I was the only one out there who even remembered that game exists. xD

I haven't really played it on an actual basis but then again the all-female party makes it distinguished from the rest I suppose.

Chapstick

It is? Wow I feel like an idiot for not having heard about this til now. Will it be on Ps3?
Yup and vita. It's $40 for FFX and X-2 together for the PS3 and for some reason $40 for each one separately on the vita with no bundle announced. :/

o_YUE_o

That's a great idea. I'd love to help out and send designs over too even if I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to drawing. XD

I haven't really played it on an actual basis but then again the all-female party makes it distinguished from the rest I suppose.
We'll see, I'm content with Kokoro's Short black skirt. = w=
can't keep my eyes off her. But I'd love to see her in a Geisha outfit for once. THAT WOULD BE NICE.
5.gif

KingGhidorah

Yup and vita. It's $40 for FFX and X-2 together for the PS3 and for some reason $40 for each one separately on the vita with no bundle announced. :/

Whelp I need to get my hands on that for sure, sounds like a great deal. As to the Vita not having a bundle, that's pretty stupid honestly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD