Last Round - First Impressions

Kronin

First at all, it was really nice of TN to give away the contest costumes for free i totally wasn't expecting that.

Yes, this was nice from them but to be fair I think that they decided because the recent problem with the DLC storage avoid them to release the planned Last Round Set (a pack that had to include all the new DoA5LR outfits, all the old DLC outfits included in LR disc, Honoka and Raidou).

Uh-oh...I'm expecting the worst for my DLC codes now. Australia accesses the same store as EU, right? Amazon Germany said it'll take a few days, before I get my codes, but I pray, all the packs promised to me are available. I too wanted Helena (she looks so gorgeous!) and the ninjas the most. :/

Tyaren you are now in the hands of SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe): your fate with the DoA DLC is already sealed (people are still waiting for some discounts of the last year that TN promised they will get, and maybe still not all the old DLC packs are available so far)

I don't know if PS4 support region free DLC as happens with Xbox 360 (for example, buying a DLC with an American account on athe American store, you are then able to play it with the game using your main European account), but apparently they should according to @lizardmech. You haven't choice in the case of the preorder but for the future - if the region free DLC are supported - I seriously suggest you to use foreigner stores for the future DLC.

I will say that the 360 treatment really sucks for me. I was planning on putting up my DOA5U disk and buying LR digital. However, it doesn't exist now. I have every DLC for 360 so wanted the newer stuff. Ok, I will get DOA5U digital and upgrade, nope. It looks like I will just be leaving it as is for now.
And even as someone who has all the old DLC, these pass prices are crazy. Ima get SumoBass and that's it

I agree with the sudden disappearence of the Doa5U digital edition. @Mr. Wah commented about it on the DoA FB page, not sure if TN answered him.

About the season pass, in the end this is very close to buy the DLC packs (without the season discounts). But I agree that one thing is to pay 24 dollars (that are anyway too much for 30 outfits) another is to pay in one time almost 100 dollars. Many people couldn't decide to not buy the Season pass, even only feared from seeing all that amount of money (not only from the possible lacking of it, but even psychologically - even for this reasons loans or installments have success).

Anyway the real problem is that the Season Pass apparently doesn't give a big incentive to buy it: the outfits included apparently could be not copy-paste this time judging from the description, but from the other side the discount applied seems very low (if the prices of the outfits packs will not increase for DoA5LR...)

Last edited:

SilverForte

Does anyone know how to get Kasumis Ragnarok outfit on ps4? I don't see it in the store and it isn't even listed in Kasumis costume list.

SilverForte

It listed as unavailable for purchase for me. Listed reason is because I haven't gotten the doa5u ragnarok download. I'll try downloading it on ps3 then try again. But this sucks for ps4 only owners, this costume is unavailable to them.

Kronin

It listed as unavailable for purchase for me. Listed reason is because I haven't gotten the doa5u ragnarok download. I'll try downloading it on ps3 then try again. But this sucks for ps4 only owners, this costume is unavailable to them.

Mine was an hypothesis by the way, I'm not sure. However in the case the real problem is not to download it before on PS3, but the fact that this is the only limited outfit on old gen (it was available only for a limited time in 2 circumstances, then it was deleted from the store).

Martin

Uh-oh...I'm expecting the worst for my DLC codes now. Australia accesses the same store as EU, right? Amazon Germany said it'll take a few days, before I get my codes, but I pray, all the packs promised to me are available. I too wanted Helena (she looks so gorgeous!) and the ninjas the most. :/

I'm guessing because the code was done incorrectly and didn't contaim the Showstoppers pack despite saying it did.

I messaged Koei Tecmo EU and Chin said he would send me a Showstoppers code on Monday when he's in the office, so it's good to know they're doing their best to fix this, at least.

Kronin

I'm guessing because the code was done incorrectly and didn't contaim the Showstoppers pack despite saying it did.

I messaged Koei Tecmo EU and Chin said he would send me a Showstoppers code on Monday when he's in the office, so it's good to know they're doing their best to fix this, at least.

Chin is the best thing about Koei Tecmo EU! XD

Chapstick

My first impression is that the game has the same freakin' ass bugs and crashs like DoA5U soon after release....seriously. After completing tutorial 40.8 the game crashed (PS4) and deleted my system file, with the message "system file corrupted, reseting everything to standard settings" or anything like that. Which means my whole progress was gone. I was going for the trophy btw.

So I repeat: Do not complete Tutorial Lesson 40.8.
I'm PS4 and I completed this just fine. I do have English voices on tho

SilverForte

Mine was an hypothesis by the way, I'm not sure. However in the case the real problem is not to download it before on PS3, but the fact that this is the only limited outfit on old gen (it was available only for a limited time in 2 circumstances, then it was deleted from the store).

Oh I see, that stinks. It wasn't a particularly good outfit but I'm a completionist. Ah well thanks for the info.

Kronin

Oh I see, that stinks. It wasn't a particularly good outfit but I'm a completionist. Ah well thanks for the info.

If you are a completionist you have to buy the Season pass because is offering - apparently - an exclusive outfit for Marie Rose XD By the way I understand you, I'm the same person me too even if I buy the outfits only when are discounted (and I know that the quality is not high for many of them).

I'm sorry for you but doesn't lose the hope, maybe you will be able to get it in future: TN could offer it again for the Xbox One/PS4 new fans of DoA.

Edmund

Anyone on the PS4 having the same problem as me?

After completing Arcade Mode, and it says press X to continue, the game becomes unresponsive. I press X but I won't proceed back to the Main Menu as usual. I always have to close the game and restart again if I want to play some more.

Split Infinity

I had downloaded Kassy's ragnarok costume on PS3 US PSN on the very day it was first made available. When US PS4 PSN store got the goodies, Ragnarok costume was listed as Free download to me. Other than that, I wouldn't know what causes your problems with not being able to DL it.

SilverForte

I had downloaded Kassy's ragnarok costume on PS3 US PSN on the very day it was first made available. When US PS4 PSN store got the goodies, Ragnarok costume was listed as Free download to me. Other than that, I wouldn't know what causes your problems with not being able to DL it.

I think it has to do with that I never downloaded the costume on ps3, so it says it's unavailable to me on ps4.

Female Tengu

Tutorial completed fine on Xbox One. I have all of the achievements and have since launch day. Only freezes I get are from online play with the rare one happening elsewhere.

As the user above you posted, yes, it's the original bug from DOA5U. Turned the voices to japanese and it worked.

Another bug I encountered was when you activate the Throwdowns and start playing any throwdown supported game mode and try to quit to any menu (stage main menu, character etc.) the game screen goes black as usual but the loading circle never stops spinning and therefore the screen stays black and the only thing you can do is quit to the PS4 dashboard.
Also when you turn on the Throwdowns, the game stops searching for challengers after a while (for no reason), no matter if you actually accepted a throwdown or not during your session. It only works when you restart your PS4 again (cauz quitting to the main menu or so freezes the game).

Changing the language also solves both problem, but how could it come this far?

It's annoying and absolutely unacceptable that old buggy stuff like this comes back. As if TN took DOA5U 1.00 as a starting point for LR development, threw in all the later released stuff from content patches and now selling a game filled with the original glitches again. You serious, TN?

I'm really disappointed right now.

EDIT: Friend of mine just completed Tutorial 40.9 (he skipped the buggy previous one) and his game crashed...japanese voice overs activated. So seems lile the Tutorial is buggy as hell.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I've only ever played in Japanese since I started before any other language was an option. Best to just stay offline for right now and step around the bugs that were already in the game since they didn't rebuild the game, they just added to it. Fixes are still inbound.

DyByHands

Anyone on the PS4 having the same problem as me?

After completing Arcade Mode, and it says press X to continue, the game becomes unresponsive. I press X but I won't proceed back to the Main Menu as usual. I always have to close the game and restart again if I want to play some more.

Yes. However, after like 5 seconds it goes. I think it just needs a little time. PSN related maybe. I've never had it fully freeze here, but it does stutter for a few seconds, every single time.

So do season passes go away? I'd like to see more of what's in them first. Could I buy the season pass after some of the packs have been released?
Also, I finished the tutorial with no issues at all (PS4 digital). And changing voice to Japanese is always the first thing I do.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Yes. However, after like 5 seconds it goes. I think it just needs a little time. PSN related maybe. I've never had it fully freeze here, but it does stutter for a few seconds, every single time.

So do season passes go away? I'd like to see more of what's in them first. Could I buy the season pass after some of the packs have been released?
Also, I finished the tutorial with no issues at all (PS4 digital). And changing voice to Japanese is always the first thing I do.
"Can’t get enough of DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round? Grab the DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round New Costume Pass and get the following additional costumes for your favorite fighters, as they become available to download. "Marie Rose Angelic Maid" will be available exclusively for users who purchase the New Costume Pass. - Ninja Clan 1 Pack (February; 10 costumes) - Ninja Clan 2 Pack (March; 10 costumes) - Senran Kagura Pack (March; 16 costumes) - Ninja Clan 3 Pack (April; 10 costumes) - May 2015 Costume Pack (16 costumes) - June 2015 Costume Pack (16 costumes) All New Costume Pass content will be available by 06.16.2015"

I don't know if PS4 support region free DLC as happens with Xbox 360 (for example, buying a DLC with an American account on athe American store, you are then abl to play it with the game using your main European account), but apparently they should according to @lizardmech. You haven't choice in the case if the preorder but for the future - if the region free DLC are supported - I seriously suggest you to use foreigner stores for the future DLC.
Technically they're not region locked but the games are all split into subversions for each region that are considered separate games. So my US copy is DoA5:LR_USA, I can never buy DLC off the Australian store as it will look for DoA5:LR_EU which does not exist on my PS4. It's a big mess as EU copies of games are tied to the EU store but increasingly miss out on DLC, it's not just an issue with DoA. Balance and bug patches ignore regions though.

Xbox games only have one version however MS are infamous for remotely bricking consoles and locking accounts over regions, people giving xbl avatars blue skin and other inane issues. They seem to be on best behavior of late but I would still be hesitant to pay for an xbox and load it up with hundreds of dollars worth of games and DLC from another region.

Last round seems really good on PS4 so far, to me it feels like the have improved the physics of the hitboxes and collision detection in general. Netcode felt much better as well, but they need to fix the connection bar system. It appears to be purely latency based with a very small range (20ms = 5 bar 180ms+ 1 bar) however even at 200ms latency to players in other countries I could play well. I haven't tried the PS3 version yet to compare.

Is anyone else having problems with the DLCs "Getaway Pack" and "Chee Leaders Pack" for already bought the PS3, but are charging me again Ps4 !!!

Kasumi

WARNING (1/3): DOA5 Last Round players (All platforms). Pls DO NOT play Tutorial Mode Lesson 40.8 and 40.9 #DOA5LR
WARNING (2/3) with German, Spanish, French, Italian. We confirmed that the game freezes and make your save data
WARNING (3/3): We can't apologize enough for this and try to fix it ASAP. #DOA5LR

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD