Balance Last Round initial Patch list (2.0)

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
For those who haven't seen the list yet Leon got some buffs and adjustments.

9P on block is going from -9 to -2.
Huge buff. I wouldn't mind 7P being like that.

9K looks like it will be launching higher on crouching opponents and on Counter.
I'm going to assume this means on Counter+ or in stun 9K will be launching higher than it currently is. If this is true 9K will be his new go to launcher as it currently deals more damage than his WRK.
In it's current state (unpatched) it can be used as a launcher into air throw but only on anyone lighter than super heavies. What makes WRK better is that it launches higher and allows followups on said weight classes while you have to do an immediate throw afterwards, sacrificing damage in the process. Effectively the only launchers worse than 9K unpatched are 3P and hold 3P except near a wall (hold 3P won't get you a throw on SH). If Leon is able to even 3P after the new 9K then air throw people then we no longer have to risk missing crouching timing online or through nerves.
Gonna be a huge buff but we have to wait and see.

66T near a wall is "being replaced" by 33T. At first glance it means that Leon's 33T will act like his current 66T near a wall. Something he should have had from the start, more or less.
Read it a second time and I'm not sure if this means 66T is losing its walled version or if 33T is being added to the list. I'm hoping that second option is the case and 66T retains having a walled version.

So far no new moves. I wouldn't mind if he got his old KPP and PKK as well as his 214H+P from DOA3 (as an OH form a la Bayman). As far as his guard breask, give him the Ein treatment. Faster charges or more advantage on guard breaks because his 6P+K is 35 frames for Tracking Unblockable and 236P is 44 frames for +14 and only good against a wall.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

the 33t change means the wall slam into mount is no longer done with 66t and now done with 33t, 66t will now just do his standard OH when near the wall. it isn't really a buff or nerf since although 66t was 4 frames faster 33t has more range.

on to his other two changes...

9p being safe now is a solid buff as the move is slow and has no follow ups on block like bayman's so it needed something to make Leon's not seem like a worse version of Bayman's. was honestly hoping for it to be a plus frame gb since a 300 pound man of pure muscle hopping several feet in the air and slamming into you SHOULD be a GB if blocked

The higher launch height for 9K is by far his best change, he was lacking a good mid k launch into air throw and if its high enough to grant it off a single stun then it enhances his stun launch mixup game greatly now that he'd have solid launchers in all 3 main launch height categories(high, mid p, mid k) that give him instant air throw access. this may also apply to his strings that end in 9k like ppk, 3pk, 66ppk

Overall i'm satisfied that he once again avoided any nerfs and TN continues to make him better in every balance patch no matter how big or small.

his marauder costume is still his best and biggest buff for last round to me :cool:

Last edited:

SweetSauceBoss

I rejoice in the fact that 9P is safe! Can't wait to see the launch height of 9K. Lately I've been using it as a launcher near critial threshold because nobody expects that as a launch xD. I wonder if the launch height change will mess with his unholdables though :3 (i.e. Launch, PPK (Or 9K or 3PK) they tech and 33P unholdable). Also I agree, whenever I would 33T near a wall, I was hoping the wall version would happen lol. More range for that :). Overall, I welcome the change for sure.

I would've liked maybe one new move, or a returning one like mentioned, his KPP or 214T OH but oh well. Also, I would've loved to see 236P uncharged be +0/1 on block. And his blocked powerblow having +16 on block. Okay that might be too much to ask for lol but most people get a guaranteed 6P after their PB GB :(. Anyway, my thoughts lol.

DontForkWitMe

Welp false alarm looks like 9K buff only pertains to crouched opponents launching higher on CH/HCH to match the launch height of 9K on standing opponents on CH/HCH. I recently tested it in training mode and 9K on crouching opponents no matter if ch or hch launches so low that leon gets nothing off of it on light weights or higher so now he'll get actual follow ups off of it for last round. the launch height on standing opponents will be left the same as in 5U so no stun launches into air throw with 9K unless lvl2 threshold on lightweights and lvl3 threshold on middle weights, while getting no air throws at all on super heavies. It seems most of Leon's "buffs" are nothing but bug fixes, sux that the only real buff he got for LR is 9p being safe.

Last edited:

SilverForte

Welp false alarm looks like 9K buff only pertains to crouched opponents launching higher on CH/HCH to match the launch height of 9K on standing opponents on CH/HCH. I recently tested it in training mode and 9K on crouching opponents no matter if ch or hch launches so low that leon gets nothing off of it on light weights or higher so now he'll get actual follow ups off of it for last round. the launch height on standing opponents will be left the same as in 5U so no stun launches into air throw with 9K unless lvl2 threshold on lightweights and lvl3 threshold on middle weights, while getting no air throws at all on super heavies. It seems most of Leon's "buffs" are nothing but bug fixes, sux that the only real buff he got for LR is 9p being safe.

Leons already pretty solid anyways, so no changes is better than bad changes.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Awe. Oh well, just proves we probably still have bugs to find for TN to make him as unbugged as possible.

I know they are working on the Power Launcher bug.

DontForkWitMe

damn,never experienced that bug at all. this along with desert failcon (
) need to be addressed along with his mount into headbutts not doing any extra damage on electrified floors because it seems Leon is the buggiest character in this damn series

DontForkWitMe

With the PS3 LR patch out now i spent some time in the lab with Leon

9K buff is way more useful than I thought since now off of his 3k sds it launches high enough for his air grab on all weight classes at any critical threshold other than super heavies which need to be at lvl 2 making 3k 9k T his new alternative setup off the 3k sds since it does 2 more points damage than 214p. 214p is still the better choice when at range since 9k will whiff.

33T input change for his wall mount is also surprisingly good since with the opponents back to the wall it triggers with Leon at mid range and now triggers off his running T too which is also a big plus.

9P being safe speaks for itself

overall solid buffs

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

UPDATE: HIDDEN BUFF!

Hidden Buff! just found out by accident during a match and tested in the lab. leon's 3k on crouching opponents doesn't wall splat on NH so he gets the SDS into guaranteed 8pp which gives him the wall bounce into air grab. doesn't work on ch or higher or during stun threshold as it will wallsplat, still a nice little surprise and enhances his already deadly wall game

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD