System Launching a match from Fighter List

ninemil

Standard Donor
Indulge an obvious question for me, would you? This feature has never worked reliably for me, but with Last Round coming to PS4, I have some friends eager to try DoA, who want to mess around in Ultimate beforehand to get a feel for the game and it's features. Lobbies work fine, but someone asked me about ranked last night, and I figured it was time to look into whether the Fighter List feature is broken in general, or if I'm simply doing something wrong. The fact that it tracks your wins and losses against each individual opponent is obviously an appealing addition.

So how exactly is this supposed to work? If I'm refreshing my Fighter List, where does their client need to be, to show up as online? In the Online menu? Using the Search for Opponent option? Playing against the AI with throw downs turned on? Which choice gets this to work the most reliably?

Everyone's consoles are in DMZ, for reference. They're mostly in the same region, although some matches are EU to HK.

Any help appreciated.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I believe any mode that supports fight requests will show the invite. It comes up in the bottom right corner asking to press select or option to accept.

ninemil

Standard Donor
I believe any mode that supports fight requests will show the invite. It comes up in the bottom right corner asking to press select or option to accept.
The problem I'm having is that I can't get the other player to show up as 'online' after a Fighter List refresh, for me to be able to send an invite. I've had a friend sitting in Free Training for a good ten minutes or so with Thrown Downs set appropriately, and they just don't show up, no matter how many times I refresh the list :/

ninemil

Standard Donor
No dice. I was really hopeful there too. Same thing, even when someone's sat in a lobby, they're still not refreshing as online on the Fighter List :(

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I'm sure you've already paid attention too, but also watch out that your friend is waiting for the correct type of throw down, since there are two, one for single and one for tag fights.

ninemil

Standard Donor
I'm sure you've already paid attention too, but also watch out that your friend is waiting for the correct type of throw down, since there are two, one for single and one for tag fights.
Yup, made sure of that. Whatever's causing this is frustratingly elusive :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD