Let's complete the Wiki!

ErickBello

Hi, I've noticed the wide lack of data going on the Free Step Dodge wiki, and as in here there are so many good players and people who knows about the game, those same people who claim to be good players should help fill the wiki with character guides, strategies, match ups and frame data for DOA5 (as everybody has the 1.03A patch now) and help everybody to know the game further and easily build a tier list (as it's now the priority of the community.) also creating a more strong community with the sharing of information and ways to know to handle each situation, increasing the overall level of the players to increase the number of players at the offline events and actually pulling off good matches at the tournaments.

As for now, the only characters that have frame data available are: Bass and Ayane (I'm working on Alpha-152 and Kasumi's frame data) and the only ones with a guide (sort of unfinished) are Alpha-152 and Kasumi. Supporting the community it's not only attending at tournaments, but also adding info for a better understanding of the game.

Any help would be very appreciated. And I would appreciate to put this as a pinned post, because well, it's an important proyect.

Template for Excel 2007 - 2010: https://www.box.com/s/32frr2a2wkti26uqj680
A tool for knowing active frames by looking at them on the frames. http://debut-video-capture.softonic.com/

You have no excuses now for help, folks.
Please collaborate with the community.

Jaguar360

Hi, I've noticed the wide lack of data going on the Free Step Dodge wiki, and as in here there are so many good players and people who knows about the game, those same people who claim to be good players should help fill the wiki with character guides, strategies, match ups and frame data for DOA5 (as everybody has the 1.03A patch now) and help everybody to know the game further and easily build a tier list (as it's now the priority of the community.) also creating a more strong community with the sharing of information and ways to know to handle each situation, increasing the overall level of the players to increase the number of players at the offline events and actually pulling off good matches at the tournaments.

As for now, the only characters that have frame data available are: Bass and Ayane (I'm working on Alpha-152 and Kasumi's frame data) and the only ones with a guide (sort of unfinished) are Alpha-152 and Kasumi. Supporting the community it's not only attending at tournaments, but also adding info for a better understanding of the game.

Any help would be very appreciated. And I would appreciate to put this as a pinned post, because well, it's an important proyect.

I will be uploading the templates for the DOA5 Frame Data Guides for Excel / My Numbers (if you are using a Mac) tomorrow.

Please collaborate with the community.
I'll see what my inexperienced self can contribute to the wiki. I really appreciate your hard work with searching for frame data, combos, and stuff and posting it on the wiki. I look forward to using your detailed Alpha-152 page once I unlock her. ^_^ I'll see if I can help out with other characters.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
What a novel idea! I think I still have all the DOA1 PSX and DOA3.1 frame data scanned and ready for typing up. In the case of 3.1, I have some typed up in Excel (Bayman, Gen Fu) but need some translation gaps filled in.

ErickBello

What a novel idea! I think I still have all the DOA1 PSX and DOA3.1 frame data scanned and ready for typing up. In the case of 3.1, I have some typed up in Excel (Bayman, Gen Fu) but need some translation gaps filled in.

Thanks Grap3!
Almost all the old DOA1 Characters have the DOA1 Frame Data (for PSX I think), but it would be great, also to have the DOA3.1 Frame Data available would be awesome, as the game it's preffered by the most of the veteran players. Thanks for trying to collaborate, also you can take the Ayane frame data template for the wiki (Which is on her frame data page on the wiki.) And if you have any doubts you can always PM Wah and dawnbringer to any doubts reffered to the page.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If I might interject, I don't like the idea of a character's page containing strats. This is for a few reasons. One, strategies are very subjective and can alter based on the player and the version of the game in reference where a wiki is an encyclopedia meant to be based on fact and fact alone. Two, a character page should talk about the character's biography and information such as which games the character is in both playable and non-playable. Third, any subjective strategies or combos should be posted in their own sub-page if they are warranted.

Jaguar360

I'll fill out Genras page when I have the time.
I was starting to do that, too, but I didn't add any combos or anything yet. I've been using him a lot more in Dimensions and he has some powerful stuff. XD I lose with him the least now.

SilverForte

Are you online Jaguar? I could show you the Genra ropes, read my genra tips in the dimension section 1st. We could play sometime if you want.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
but I didn't add any combos or anything yet.

If I might interject, I don't like the idea of a character's page containing strats. This is for a few reasons. One, strategies are very subjective and can alter based on the player and the version of the game in reference where a wiki is an encyclopedia meant to be based on fact and fact alone. Two, a character page should talk about the character's biography and information such as which games the character is in both playable and non-playable. Third, any subjective strategies or combos should be posted in their own sub-page if they are warranted.

Jaguar360

I sort of agree, but for characters like Genra the situation is a little bit different. No one really plays Dimensions anymore or looks at the Dimensions forum. I personally think that there should be more detailed information on the wiki pages for some characters since it can be hard to find.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I sort of agree, but for characters like Genra the situation is a little bit different. No one really plays Dimensions anymore or looks at the Dimensions forum. I personally think that there should be more detailed information on the wiki pages for some characters since it can be hard to find.

As suggested, combos and strategies, if necessary, should be put on a sub page to the character page. Not the Character page itself.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD