Lisa's tournament performance.

Tones

Premium Donor
What are people's thoughts as to how competitive Lisa players are going (either online or offline)?

Are there any Lisa players out there worth looking out for that don't post here?

synce

I don't know no one seems to want a black chick, even black dudes are using PAWGs. Seriously though I'm very disappointed at the lack of competitive Lisas, she can be very fun to watch at high level.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I don't know no one seems to want a black chick, even black dudes are using PAWGs. Seriously though I'm very disappointed at the lack of competitive Lisas, she can be very fun to watch at high level.
"PAWGs"?

I thought that was a 90s fad.

bingsoo

There actually have been a number of Lisa players in tournament play. Rabies, Lopedo, and Return of the Shadow are just a few that I can remember off the top of my head. Rabies and Lopedo's Lisas were streamed at Final Round.

Bushido

There actually have been a number of Lisa players in tournament play. Rabies, Lopedo, and Return of the Shadow are just a few that I can remember off the top of my head. Rabies and Lopedo's Lisas were streamed at Final Round.
Lopedo's Lisa wasn't really showcased at final round from what I remember.

bingsoo

Lopedo's Lisa wasn't really showcased at final round from what I remember.
Well yeah none of those guys really "showcased" their Lisa's. Lopedo's Lisa was caught on stream in his match against Master, though.

bingsoo

But didn't Lopedo's Lisa basically get dominated in that match?
Well, when I watch a match, I don't necessarily just look at how bad a person/character got beat. In fact, I think there's a lot more to learn from footage of a high profile player's loss than a dominant win. But that may just be me. When I watch Hajin and Shadow's ft10, I tend to look more at Ayane's losses than her wins so I know why she lost and what she did that contributed to the loss. Can't really control what the opponent does, but you can control what you do. That's just me, though :D

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
What are people's thoughts as to how competitive Lisa players are going (offline only)?

Are there any Lisa players out there worth looking out for that don't post here?

Fixed. And as far as I know out here on the west coast, Return of the Shadow is a competent Lisa player.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
i was too busy getting knocked out by shade and winback, the guy who plays me normally, during Civil War V :(

i got 5th though.......out of 10 :(

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I managed to hit top 8 at Final Round but got bopped by Awesmic's Christie on stream.

Kwiggle used her for most of the tourney also. He might be the most competent, along with Shadow, Lisa player in the U.S. at the moment.

Tones

Premium Donor
Is kwiggle on a slightly higher level with his play? Much higher? About the same? Do they play the same way?

ailingeternity

I just get the feeling professional players are too worried about stepping outside of their comfort zone and using a character like Lisa who doesn't rely on constant rushdown. Rabies is the only player who had a notorious Lisa but that was back in DOA4, not sure if he plays her now or even plays DOA at all these days.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD