Feature Request Main and Secondary Characters in profile

Renarism

did you happen to get this from the DOA5 online profiles? where you have the option to put your main and secondary :) haha

Gi9a

did you happen to get this from the DOA5 online profiles? where you have the option to put your main and secondary :) haha
Wasn't aware of that haha. Who knows it came up as a random thought but I might of seen it and it popped up in my head later. I just know lots of people are proud and dedicated about their mains so what better way to help show their favorites for everyone to see >:)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
So is anything to come of this? It was unanimously supported by everyone in this thread, then suddenly died on page two.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Although I like the idea, I'm worried about too much information being shown under a player's avatar. We already have:

• PSN ID
  • 3DS Friend Code

I wouldn't be against putting it in the user card (when you select someone's avatar) but I think that defeats the purpose of the feature requested.

Chaos

Although I like the idea, I'm worried about too much information being shown under a player's avatar. We already have:

• PSN ID
  • 3DS Friend Code

I wouldn't be against putting it in the user card (when you select someone's avatar) but I think that defeats the purpose of the feature requested.
I think the way FSD is set up for people to sign in is way better than facebook because I don't like the way it force you to put your REAL Identification & other personal informations just to be part of it (facebook). However, signing up on FSD all you to put on there is your password, email address & your name but you can make up one & your avatar but you don't need to put your face on here if you want to. Once your done, BOOM!!! you are part of the community, no need to for personal information. lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I wasn't worried about it as private or required information, just that the physical vertical space it takes up when a person makes a post.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

• PSN ID
  • 3DS Friend Code

Very true. Perhaps, it could just show the person's first main, and leave out second main. That would still be up to five things being shown at once though.

Raansu

I wasn't worried about it as private or required information, just that the physical vertical space it takes up when a person makes a post.

I don't think one extra line would make that much of a difference. When people start quoting like crazy you don't really notice the space being taken up on the side.

Maybe I missed a step, but I can only put one main so far. I haven't seen anyone posting secondaries. Maybe the feature can just be implemented by making it "main characters"?

On a side note, I can't see "main" and IDs/gamer tags/friend codes when I click on a person's name to see their profile. I have to look for their posts, manually, to get this info. Is it purposely set up this way?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Maybe I missed a step, but I can only put one main so far. I haven't seen anyone posting secondaries. Maybe the feature can just be implemented by making it "main characters"?

The secondary character feature was never implemented. You can only list your primary character.

On a side note, I can't see "main" and IDs/gamer tags/friend codes when I click on a person's name to see their profile. I have to look for their posts, manually, to get this info. Is it purposely set up this way?

You can't see any of that info on their member card thing (the window that pops up when you click their profile), but you can see it on their actual profile page. On their profile page, you'll see the tabs "Profile Posts", "Recenty Activity", "Postings", "Information", and "Recent Media". Click on "Information" to see their main character, XBL Gamertag, PSN ID, et cetera.

Also, note to admins; in the list of available options for the main character setting, all of the characters who have known last names are listed with their first and last name (like Helena Douglas, Tina Armstrong, and so on), yet Bass is just "Bass" instead of "Bass Armstrong" and Lisa is just "Lisa" instead of "Lisa Hamilton".

Also, the only characters with aliases that have their aliases as options are Bass/Mr. Strong and Lisa/La Mariposa. OMEGA doesn't have a "Genra" option and Tengu doesn't have a "Gohyakumine Bankotsubo" (or at least just "Bankotsubo") option.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD