Martial arts: the art of combat armed and unarmed

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
You see people asking for characters with certain styles all the time on here and I wanted a place where we could discuss both those and other styles in depth.

Recently I've looking at European martial arts as a nice change of pace. Learning how medieval knights would probably give a modern judoka trouble with their grappling techniques was just one of many things I've learned and it's utterly fascinating. and armed their skill with a sword was nowhere behind other warriors, while I didn't think they just bashes each other I didn't realize just how much skill it took. here's one look at a duel between large swords

Before that I was learning about Pankration which is brutal form of western boxing/wrestling of ancient Greece with some interesting stories about it such as one being able to defeat a fully armored soldier of Alexander. as anyone who knows me I love grapplers in fighting games and this would be the next style I would want in DOA

I've also held an interest in iato which is the art of attacking while Unsheathing. fictionalised iato is pretty insane but I gained a new appreciation for the real stuff when I was reminded that assassination was common and that those skills were put to good use

I uses to be a history wiz in school so it's nice to find this passion once again and I hope others will want to discuss their favorite styles as well

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD