Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Argentus

Now that I think about it, the 3 factions in andromeda are not anywhere near as fun to fight against as the 4 enemy types in 3. Maybe spending time in multiplayer would end up being boring for me really quick. I still like the combat overall and maybe by being forced to use different classes and powers unlike in single player where I only ever used cloak, charge and concussion shot as my main powers, I could finally try out most of the abilities the game has. Il try out multiplayer myself sometime but not now.

I didnt notice that all the aliens looked alike at first but once I realized that every asari except PB looked exactly the same, it became really distracting for me. I didnt really notice the repeat character designs with the other species but I did get distracted with how every angaran sounded like they all spoke the same accent. It sort of makes sense but it would have been nice to have some variety.

it's mostly just glaring because even in the 10 year old original trilogy, the other races had character variety.\

And yeah the enemy factions in andromeda just are NOT fun to fight in MP. AT ALL.

Remnant: Observers sniping you from all angles at all times with HEAVY damage lasers, and little kamekaze guys divebombing you all the time, too.

Kett: Invisible dogs and those freakin forcefield guys that are totally invincible and instakill you, and are only able to take damage like two seconds at a time, then back to whittling away at that super hard to hit floating orb around them to bring down the force field. that enemy alone broke multiplayer for the longeest time because anytime they came up as the target in assassination missions, might as well just restart because it's next to impossible to take 4 of those things down in time, until they patched them a bit.

Then the variable race faction is just DOGS IN YOUR FACE EVERY 2 SECONDS FUCK OFF ALREADY! plus Krogan spamming bunker buster missiles preventing any use of cover at all, plus fucking snipers who WILL NOT STOP SPRINTING AWAY.

When we play, we usually pick the mercenaries because they are the LEAST infuriating to play against, but none of them are "Fun" to fight, no.

Doesn't help that the actual player classes aren't as fun as ME3MP, either. The DLC characters are mostly just dissapointing, as the MOST of them are just ANOTHER human, with what seems like a randomized set of pre-existing powers with no synergy, so basically the dlc characters are literally nothing new.

and it took them MONTHS to patch in that guns would actually do enough damage to be viable. Before that, only like the 3 most op guns did ANY damage to enemies, and everything else you might as well have just been spitting at them. Like it would take the entire time focusing fire for like a full 10-15 seconds to down a single krogan, it was ridiculous.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kyo

Leifang

I’m super late with this. But I’ve finally played Mass Effect Andromeda. I created a gay male character and I named him Carlos Ryder. I’m enjoying the game so far. I managed to capture some romantic gay moments with Carlos and Gil. Did you guys enjoy the game?

NightAntilli

It took me almost two years to finish it, while I finished all other Mass Effect games in less than a week. I did enjoy parts of it, but it was nowhere near the level of the trilogy. I do not feel like playing this ever again. Multiplayer is good too though, and fun, so, that I might pick up again in the future, even though for some reason I still like the multiplayer of ME3 a lot more.

Leifang

It took me almost two years to finish it, while I finished all other Mass Effect games in less than a week. I did enjoy parts of it, but it was nowhere near the level of the trilogy. I do not feel like playing this ever again. Multiplayer is good too though, and fun, so, that I might pick up again in the future, even though for some reason I still like the multiplayer of ME3 a lot more.
Two years wow. I never played the first original trilogy of Mass Effect. But I heard good things about it except for the third game. Andromeda is my first experience of the series. At this point I’m liking it. Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts and responding back.

P2p1mbs

Two years wow. I never played the first original trilogy of Mass Effect. But I heard good things about it except for the third game. Andromeda is my first experience of the series.

The 3rd game was only really disappointing if you played it during the first few months after release and was already invested in the series. DLCs released since then have addressed most criticism, particularly the extended ending and Citadel DLCs. I think the original trilogy is still worth going back to even for newcomers as long was you get all the DLC stuff (which will cost a good amount of money).

For me, Andromeda was mostly ok with some good ideas implemented but had too many flaws to be a worthy continuation of the series. It was ok but not great with my main complaints being the story was unoriginal and the quest structure was confusing (do the movie night side quest to see what I mean).

NightAntilli

Two years wow. I never played the first original trilogy of Mass Effect. But I heard good things about it except for the third game. Andromeda is my first experience of the series. At this point I’m liking it. Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts and responding back.
Starting with Andromeda is the best thing you can do... You started with the worst one, and if you like that, you should really play the trilogy. Hopefully, EA comes with a remaster/remake so that you don't have to go back to the older games.
I can still say that Mass Effect is my favorite franchise, at least until Andromeda came along. Basically, the trilogy is like this;

- Mass Effect 1: Worst gameplay & combat and character development, amazing story and plot, amazing lore & world building, great dialogue, great ending. DLC is meh, but both are still worth getting. This one should be played before all other games except Andromeda. This remains my favorite of the trilogy, simply because it has the best internal structure of all of the games. First 3 - 6 hours can be a chore for some, but after that, the game really opens up.

- Mass Effect 2: Bad main story and plot, a bit claustrophobic in comparison to ME1, good combat and amazing characters, good dialogue, good lore, amazing ending. Is the most casual friendly game of the series. Can be played as a stand-alone game, but will ruin the experience of both if ME1 is not played first. Largest DLC collection of all, and all of them (except weapon/appearance packs and Genesis) are definitely worth it. This one is the favorite game of the majority of people. It is the most consistent in keeping the player engaged.

- Mass Effect 3: Good story and plot, good characters, great combat, some lore, disappointing ending. Can be played as a stand-alone, but I have not met a single person that liked playing it this way. So play the others first and import your save games. If you never cried during this game, either you didn't play ME1 & ME2 first, or you're a heartless monster. DLCs are mostly good, but in my opinion Omega can be skipped. Just make sure not to skip Leviathan. Its implications for the ending of the game are HUGE. And the Citadel DLC is too good not to buy. Most people hate on this game because of its ending, but, the whole game is about closure of things in the first two games, and honestly, it is better than ME2 in a lot of ways, even though it has its faults. This is an emotional roller coaster that can make you feel happy, angry, depressed, joyful and a lot of other things. It's not the most consistent nor does it have the best structure, but it is the most honest and confronting of the three.

As for Andromeda... Best combat of the series by a mile. Other than that... Characters are bland, story is bland, plot is bland, dialogue is bland, no DLC available. The first 10 - 20 hours are the best, and it's all downhill from there. Ending is meh, it's all a whole lot of 'meh'.

So... Now you know how they sort of compare.

NightAntilli

In light of N7 day today, It seemed appropriate to post these videos. They are the best analysis of these games and despite being long, extremely worth watching. And I'll leave a bonus video in the spoiler tags...

Mac Walters just killed the indoctrination theory today

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD