DOA5LR Measurements of the characters

Neclord

The measurements of the characters in the DoA wiki are completely wrong right? Maybe old news for most of you, but I am starting to notice it more often now while playing with different characters.

Neclord

Yea, in the wiki, it is stated that Christie has 93 and Helena 90 for example. But Helena's look bigger, in almost every costume.

Just Honoka's and Rachel's measurements seem to be true in terms of bust size.

#nerdtalk
:cool:

werewolfgold

You do know that a woman's given bust size is the measurement all around their torso and doesn't actually tell you their cup size, right? Two women can have the same B measurement, but one may be built like a linebacker with smaller breasts and the other one built like Olive Oil from Popeye with larger breasts.

Just comparing B measurements alone wouldn't tell you who has bigger boobs. You can infer from height difference and possible W measurement ratios, but even that's not exact.

What they devs used for measurements still don't quite line up with the characters models they used, though. lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Measurement chart by the official numbers:

4f8b4584c556c89d3dbb9da188ff42f1-d735f61.jpg

Christie, Ayane, Momiji and Sarah so high and Lisa and Helena so low in the chart is of course very weird and just can't be right. ;)

Neclord

You do know that a woman's given bust size is the measurement all around their torso and doesn't actually tell you their cup size, right? Two women can have the same B measurement, but one may be built like a linebacker with smaller breasts and the other one built like Olive Oil from Popeye with larger breasts.

Just comparing B measurements alone wouldn't tell you who has bigger boobs. You can infer from height difference and possible W measurement ratios, but even that's not exact.

What they devs used for measurements still don't quite line up with the characters models they used, though. lol

True. Height difference and all that matters as well.

Measurement chart by the official numbers:

4f8b4584c556c89d3dbb9da188ff42f1-d735f61.jpg

Christie, Ayane, Momiji and Sarah so high and Lisa and Helena so low in the chart is of course very weird and just can't be right. ;)

Ah the breast chart. :p
Yeah it's pretty inaccurate. Sarah and Momiji before Helena? lmao.
Christie and Ayane are too high as well in this picture.

The measurements were done back in ye olden days of DOA and I don't think even the developers themselves used them much when creating the character models.

Yea, seems so.

Kronin

The measurements were done back in ye olden days of DOA and I don't think even the developers themselves used them much when creating the character models.

Exactly. In addition to what already explained from @werewolfgold the reason for the incongruence is tied to this point: to be fair Team NINJA slighty changed the measurements of the girls stated on the manual along the years, however they remained for the most the same. Anyway they indicated more what was the size of the girls at the moment of their creation, but their model was modified along the years (and very likely is never been so accurate since the beginning).

For example Ayane from DoA2 apparently had truly a bust close to what indicated:

Ayane-dead-or-alive-23362542-640-480.jpg

cgaya_00.jpg

But in other games her appearence is truly different.

doax_001.jpg

In general the appearences of the characters are more proportiate and realistic (and so very likely more different from what indicated in their characteristics) in DoAXBV, DoA5 and I believe DoA3, while are more exaggerated in DoA2, DoAX2 and I believe DoA4.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Heh, Kasumi that low on the chart? At least I don't feel like a complete pervert any more. Hers aren't as big as I thought.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Heh, Kasumi that low on the chart? At least I don't feel like a complete pervert any more. Hers aren't as big as I thought.
In reality (ingame) they are though. ;) Not Tina or Rachel-sized but they are pretty big.

Judging their ingame models, I would say, they are (from biggest to smallest) like this:

-Honoka
-Rachel
-Tina
-Helena/Lisa
-Christie
-Kasumi/Phase 4/Ayane/Nyotengu
-Hitomi/Momiji/Leifang/Mila/Kokoro
-Sarah
-Pai
-Marie Rose

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
In reality (ingame) they are though. ;) Not Tina or Rachel-sized but they are pretty big.

Judging their ingame models, I would say, they are (from biggest to smallest) like this:

-Honoka
-Rachel
-Tina
-Helena/Lisa
-Christie
-Sarah
-Pai
-Marie Rose
This list seems more accurate. I've tried multiple times to sort the sizes myself, but certain costumes have a tendency to make the female's bust size look smaller, probably because they're wearing a bra or something.

Also, did TN increase the bust size for PaI and Sarah? I notice that they are less busty in VF5.

Neclord

-Honoka
-Rachel
-Tina
-Helena/Lisa
-Christie
-Sarah
-Pai
-Marie Rose

This is definitely a more accurate list. I agree with everything you said.
Now we just need one with booty from biggest to smallest. lol.

Argentus

I did a height list a while back, and that doesn't measure up in game either.

7'3" - :genra:

7'2" - :spartan:

7'1" - :tengu:

6'8" - :spartan: without armor

6'5" - :bass:

6'4" - :leon:

6'2" - :bayman:

6'1" - :rig:

6'0" - :bradwong:

5'11" - :hayate::akira::jacky::zack:

5'10" - :jannlee::christie::hayabusa:

5'9" - :lisa::tina: