Mila DOA5U changes

Jefffcore

She's not as good as she used to be, but she also plays different. I don't find I'm working THAT hard. She still has pseudo options (a lot of characters are stuck waiting for wakeup kicks now), her CB damage is still the same, and she's a relatively fast character considering she has an offensive hold.

Jean Massue

lol ok I only answered why the character is slower than others, I do play her and dropped 5 when she was nerfed, since crouch blocking was too hard for "some" DOA players, they begged for nerfs (they are saying crouch blocking is too hard in Rachel forum and want her nerfed as well). Disgusting stuff..

Momiji is vastly better, as are some others. Coming from FS it's easy to see who has the better tools and who is a stronger character. She's ok, but it takes a lot of work to win with her as opposed to other characters. Having holds that can be escaped is really ridiculous, I have some other issues with the character too. Her range, and crushes are ok. Telling me Mila is as strong or on equal footing with Rachel, Sarah, Momiji, Jacky, etc, isn't convincing. I like the character a lot, I use her quite a bit, but there are much stronger characters, with better options, that are safer on block, have more active frames in there attacks, get more advantage on block, have mid circulars, have holds that can't be escaped, etc etc..

I'm not here crying for buffs or anything, just pointing out what i've noticed as I play multiple characters in every fighting game and rarely end up liking/using a high tiered character. (I did start getting into Lion in FS a little while back, cause Top Tiers in that game are ridiculously stronger than lower tiers/female characters). She's fun to use and is playable, you can win with her, but it takes more work than other characters imho..In no way do I find her to be one of ultimate's stronger characters.

Anyways lets not get this too off topic with random rants, the character is ok..
Firstly, i never said she was top tier i said that you should take more into account then simply her frame data like you did in your post. ;)
Secondly, i'm coming from VF5 FS?!? I'm on VFDC too you know ;) No need to get condescendant on me bro. I play almost every fighting game too ( including VF5 FS ) and with multiple characters. ( Jean, Jacky, Lau, Sarah and Brad in VF5FS well those are the ones i play the most) BTW Shoutouts to you for being open minded in the fighting game genre. We are a very rare breed but coming from VDFC and being a VF player doesn't make you better than anyone and surely doesn't make me either. :D Still, i've been into fighting games since 1991 so its been 22 years now. I'm not questioning your knowledge though, i'm simply saying that frame data isn't the only reference ( Its still a very important one ) you should take into account when evaluating a character's tier listing.
Concerning Mila and her escapable hold, your point is highly questionable, i have very good timing and execution so i have zero problem getting those holds followups at the first frame making them unescapable. Going from there id say Mila gets good if you have very precise execution and timing. She's not an easy character and as you said you need to work but she's a lot better then the maths make it look. Once you can do your followups on the first frame, your throws and midkick hold become a very powerful tool. Having Offensive holds is also a huge part of Mila's game just like it is for a lot of slower characters.

Anyways thats only my opinion and you're totally entitled to having yours. I'll just say that i won't cry if she doesn't get buffs in the case of a future patch but it would make me happy that she'd get some.

With that being said. Lets hope for a great Patch for DOA5U and for a VF6 announcement one day! :D Peace!!!!

Last edited:

AkaShocka

Mila IMO is a little like Christie and Kasumi. Anyone can come out of nowhere a smack buttons. But when used properly and correctly she is dangerous. I've seen so many Mila players just dominating a lobby. Mila can be dangerous. Now about Christie and Kasumi (just in case your wondering why I said them) Anyone can press buttons and get a gay faggot type cheap combo with those 2 but when used at a high level play they are the most dangerous things ever.

Raze

LOL I hope they don't patch the game, if they do I hope it's not much... A VF6 would be nice at some point,, but after FS, VF is whatever. Still not thrilled with her holds ^_^

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Noticed something nice about her mid kick hold/214H+P a couple days ago. She can perform the walled version of the hold/throw on torches in Sanctuary and they will not break. Just the fact you can get the walled version on the torches is nice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD