Mila Infinite Found

So apparently a Mila infinite has been found. It requires Mila to knock you into a wall down and do :2_::P::P::P::P:... and it continues until the Mila player messes up or time expires. The damage is worthless but mainly this locks a player into the ground until time expires.

The only way to escape the infinite is to tech roll when landing on the ground, but the netcode makes that difficult online unfortunately.

Needless to say, this should be banned at all tournaments until a patch comes out to hopefully address the issue.

Feel free to tweet @TeamNINJAStudio to get their attention about this glitch and hopefully we'll see a patch sooner rather than later.

Updated video to reflect example of the issue happening in open space.

Hey EMPEROR_COW, why don't you seriously chill the fuck out and not act so ignorant. This isn't the thread to post such rant nor do I feel that you deserve to make any such accusations on Team NINJA. Maybe the game does have little menu pauses, or small glitches, or doesn't save your language setting and other minor nit-picking problems. Big freaking deal. The game just hit three days ago, you should be happy that it's finally here. Not to mention that you're name is listed in the game's credits of all things. Instead of bitching about things you should help give feedback for them for fixes in a future patch and not disgrace Team NINJA.

This infinite should be banned, in my scrubby opinion, for all of Rikuto's reasons.

The netcode, while not all that bad, should definitely be updated and patched.

Everything else on this list is not all that big a deal. Some of it is almost irrelevent, even. Don't understand the cursing, all-caps storm. The important thing is that they got the core gameplay down, and its seemingly (in my scrubby opinion) better than all of the older games combined (otherwise I wouldn't be playing this game, which is what I did with the older games)

Based on the everything I heard when it was being tested, it's not techable. I'm not sure why people keep saying that it is.

Also, hitting any wall in the game does not create a "reasonably situational" argument for an infinite that is this slow and stupid to watch. Not with the amount of knockback that DOA has, and how tight many of the stages are. If we were talking a specific area of a specific stage which could be avoided with a degree of intelligence, thats entirely different.

It is actually techable, and even moreso on the reaction time to tech since the character is static in the air from the bounce and the initial 2P Mila does. It's so much reaction time that even a casual can mash out of it once they see that wall hit, without realizing they initiated a tech. If that doesn't scream "tech now" to a player at a tourney level who doesn't tech, he/she should rethink his time investment.

The Mila player has to create a situation where she is directly in front of the opponent whom is directly against a wall. It won't work from a side wall knockback, a knockback not directly against a wall, or Mila not considerably close-- because the combination of her initial 2P distance, her ground tracking followup, opponent not teching after 2x reaction time, and the opponent hugging the wall, is what creates this infinite. That's the reason why the guy who posted the video isn't showcasing this in an online match, or hell, even the CPU on normal difficulty, which would have more validity on his claim about how lethal this is. It isn't. It's extremely situational, even to a casual.

I should point out that characters with 14 or less frames can trap the opponent between a wall in the same fashion. I was able to recreate this using Kasumi and Ayane between the corner walls in every stage that had em'. This leads me to believe this is working as intended, since it is insanely easy to tech out of.

I'm not getting my info from this online guy.

Both Perfect Legend and Mr. Wah have tested this seperately, with other humans. You cannot tech it. If you have recreated a situation where you can, you have done something wrong.

It's entirely possible that this is character dependent too.

Both Perfect Legend and Mr. Wah have tested this seperately, with other humans. You cannot tech it. If you have recreated a situation where you can, you have done something wrong.

I think the clarification is that you can tech the wall hit but not any follow-ups if you don't.

interesting, hope they patch this quick; its basically the only problem i have with the game.

This is for the sake of discussion. I come from Japanese forums, so I don't frequent this place. I pose(d) no animosity, as an "online guy". Sorry that you feel that was my intention.

You can tech the initial 2P. The wall hit is impossible to tech since you get hit with that initial 2P in the air, which is the main admission of the tech once you hit the ground. Which is very possible. Hell, the CPU does it automatically in training mode. I'm not sure you know the mechanics of the set up, but as it stands; very much tech'able, and easily avoided given the circumstance.

-Online Guy

Yes ..
before you could do offensive tagging with 6H+P+K and 4H+P+K ...
I dont know why they took them out ...

Very stupid decision ...
I don't know if it just me but movements feels weird and doing moves like :3: :3: :P:
is so what hard to pull off. Also, another problem im having is when im trying to dodge a grab move, my character doesn't seem to response so I have mash the button but
that doesn't work. :( The controls are good but not as good as DOA3 & DOA4. :(

This is for the sake of discussion. I come from Japanese forums, so I don't frequent this place. I pose(d) no animosity, as an "online guy". Sorry that you feel that was my intention.

-Online Guy

I don't think he was calling you an "online guy". I think he was saying that he isn't getting his information through a unknown third-party source that's an online player, and that his information came from people he trusts. I don't think it was directed at you.

Online guy = poster of youtube video, not you.

Not sure what you assumed there but I got no animosity from it lol.

It's early, so we'll see what happens with it.

Online guy = poster of youtube video, not you.

Oh yeah, I don't even consider that guy to be part of the equation... I'd be surprised if he knew what a Tech Roll was when he got hit with it. He sounds like a 2D player transitioning to a 3D mechanic-- in that, we have more options and scenarios. Some people learn the hard way, I guess.

To be honest though, this is so significantly small it's a wonder why it's even an issue. Dangerous against a non-button mashing newbie playing DOA for the first time ever, against a troll who knows what he's doing, maybe, but to seasoned players of all 3D fighters; meh. Now show me a SC5 Viola back throw infinite in DOA5-- that's ban/patch worthy due to it's steep unfairness (no tech + no extremes) and easy set up from anywhere on the stage.

I don't use Mila, and I definitely do not endorse this lame albeit extreme situational tactic, but she's the MMA fighter. They're supposed to have a great ground game. That said, I see this as working as intended. If someone gets caught in that easily avoidable trap, well.. that's his (youtube guy) fault. I would love to see someone try this on my Tina.

@REALDEMO Working as intended? You're kidding right? You think that the designers sat down and were like "Okay guys so if you punch someone into the wall you should just be able to 2P them for the next 5 mins until they die." I don't think any designer is stupid enough to actually think that way.

"Okay guys so if you punch someone into the wall you should just be able to 2P them for the next 5 mins until they die." I don't think any designer is stupid enough to actually think that way.

I agree with you. That situation is horrible and I would be one of the first to sign a petition to get it banned and patched. Except the situation you just explained is entirely different to the one showcased in this article.

How so? The infinite prevents the opponent from doing anything for until the match is over. Do you really think thats ok? Why would you ever take away control from a player during gameplay for over a minute? The answer is you wouldn't and they didn't want too.

Yeaaa. That seems pretty cheap to me. If I helped developed this game and saw that glitch I would want it fixed immediately. Even if some seasoned vets think it's extremely situational. Maybe offline this setup is easily avoidable but with the netcode I have experienced so far in DOA5 this situation doesn't seem too highly unlikely or extreme to me. I'm sorta on the fence when it comes to infinites in fighters. If the infinite requires a great amount of skill and work then ok, I can live with it(in casuals). But this infinite obviously requires neither. While I think emperor cow could have been a little more respectful in his rant I agree with most of what he put forth. Sometimes it takes harsh words to really get people off their bums and put forth the work to fix the problem. Not saying that TN isn't currently working the issues or that they read these forums but I'm still glad he said what he said.

God, I hope that if there is a patch, then they fix only that infinite and not make other gameplay changes, unless they fix other infinites. Otherwise it becomes like SCV and Skullgirls with players dropping it after the patch due to "balance" patches on a game just one week old.

I believe you can do the same thing with Helena's BKO 2k (maybe it's just k). The computer did tech it once, but I just delayed a few frames and started over.;)
That being said, I really hope they don't change any move properties for a few months at least. I'd hate to see them "fix" something only to break several others in the process.

Some people don't like having their name associated with a product they feel isn't up to their standards as it's reflective that he approves of the product as a whole.

Just something to think about.
Was he a tester? Shouldn't the offline stuff be things he noticed while testing or pointed out months ago. He's been posting vids for a while, so I'd figure he would have known all of these issues before release.

- you cant claim you're being serious as an excuse to remove all these side modes when you're showing tits and ass all over the place .. that doesn't fucking make sense. If you want keep it entertaining visually you need to keep it entertaining interactively as well. being forced into shitty survival mode hell just for a skimpy swim suit is NOT fighting entertainment.

The game first and foremost is Japanese. They didn't have to bring it out here. Japanese players are and always will be their fans first as it was recently revealed. They basically said no to white washing after the Alpha demo. Other fighting games do "fan service". Dead or Alive does it much better. You know what you came here for.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD