Mila's 1.0.3 Changes

Raansu

They removed all guaranteed ground stuff from air state, not just Mila's. Bass for example no longer gets a guaranteed pick up if he juggles with 9pkp. I think these are some of the worst changes ever. Honestly, once the patch goes live on the 360 I'm pretty much going to be done with DoA.

DrDogg

She was braindead. I stopped playing Jann Lee because he was also braindead.

If all I had to do to win was 3H+K, I'd probably think she was pretty brain dead as well.

They removed all guaranteed ground stuff from air state, not just Mila's. Bass for example no longer gets a guaranteed pick up if he juggles with 9pkp. I think these are some of the worst changes ever. Honestly, once the patch goes live on the 360 I'm pretty much going to be done with DoA.

I'm already done. Team Ninja's nerfs Mila to hell, but basically leaves Jann Lee, Leifang and a bunch of other characters either unchanged or buffed? Yes, because Mila was winning so many tournaments. It makes no sense and I refuse to play this game.

It's one thing to nerf a character who's considered broken or even top tier, but Mila wasn't even a major complaint of online scrubs. Why was she targeted so hard? Was anyone else nerfed anywhere near as hard? Maybe Alpha I guess? That's another mystery nerf.

Sorry, this is the SC5 patch all over again. I'm out.

synce

Now that's baffling to me! And apparently you no longer get HCH bonus for grab-based combos. This on top of things like nerfing slip zones, wakeup kicks, BT stuns...

the-nerf-war-semi-final-during-the-charity-bazaar1.jpg

Jefffcore

If all I had to do to win was 3H+K, I'd probably think she was pretty brain dead as well.
Her tackle loops in general were braindead. 3H+K is harder to utilize than her tackle. Her move list in general was hella good; minimal risk and great reward. The only thing lacks is fast lows or strings with lows attached to them. I don't even need 3H+K to beat most people; as I said, I did it because I was playing Hitomi and Ayane and I KNEW EVERYTHING they were going to do. Neither of them adjusted to anything, they kept doing the same set ups over and over. It wasn't even challenging, and "no offense", but I have no doubt both players would beat you.

FYI, I played XDest before that, and barely beat him. I had to learn his setups, too.

Raansu

I'm already done. Team Ninja's nerfs Mila to hell, but basically leaves Jann Lee, Leifang and a bunch of other characters either unchanged or buffed? Yes, because Mila was winning so many tournaments. It makes no sense and I refuse to play this game.

It's one thing to nerf a character who's considered broken or even top tier, but Mila wasn't even a major complaint of online scrubs. Why was she targeted so hard? Was anyone else nerfed anywhere near as hard? Maybe Alpha I guess? That's another mystery nerf.

Sorry, this is the SC5 patch all over again. I'm out.

Nah, they nerfed Jann Lee. Removed his feint stun and his sit down stun is pretty much easily SE'd now (well in sparring mode. Not really putting the glitch into the equation cuz its going to get fixed sadly.)

People see nothing but buffs in the patch (and yes there were a lot of them), but personally I feel the nerfs hurt the game way more than the buffs did. Like who thought it was a good idea to nerf the ground game? What was wrong with guaranteed ground setups from juggles? Why was this changed? It might not seem like much but it does have a big impact on how characters are played. I imagine that was the compromise with their garbage balance testers for having the wake up kick stuns nerfed.

DrDogg

Her tackle loops in general were braindead. 3H+K is harder to utilize than her tackle. Her move list in general was hella good; minimal risk and great reward. The only thing lacks is fast lows or strings with lows attached to them. I don't even need 3H+K to beat most people; as I said, I did it because I was playing Hitomi and Ayane and I KNEW EVERYTHING they were going to do. Neither of them adjusted to anything, they kept doing the same set ups over and over. It wasn't even challenging, and "no offense", but I have no doubt both players would beat you.

FYI, I played XDest before that, and barely beat him. I had to learn his setups, too.

Let me see if I understand you correctly...

Your opponents didn't adjust to anything and kept doing the same setups over and over. It wasn't even a challenging match for you. Yet you have no doubt they'd both beat me? And this is based on what? A laggy online match from a couple months ago? Didn't you stop playing mid-match because it was unplayable? Yeah, great determination of skill. Thanks for proving my point.

Now see the difference between me calling you out and you making stupid statements is that anyone can go watch those match vids and see that you basically just spammed 3H+K. No matter how you defend that, it says that your opponents either didn't know the match well or simply weren't good.

Meanwhile I went up against people who would have destroyed your 3H+K Mila and either won or gave them a really good fight. If there was no patch and I actually thought you were going to travel, I'd put you in your place, but since it doesn't matter at this point, I'll just leave it as is.

Nah, they nerfed Jann Lee. Removed his feint stun and his sit down stun is pretty much easily SE'd now (well in sparring mode. Not really putting the glitch into the equation cuz its going to get fixed sadly.)

People see nothing but buffs in the patch (and yes there were a lot of them), but personally I feel the nerfs hurt the game way more than the buffs did. Like who thought it was a good idea to nerf the ground game? What was wrong with guaranteed ground setups from juggles? Why was this changed? It might not seem like much but it does have a big impact on how characters are played. I imagine that was the compromise with their garbage balance testers for having the wake up kick stuns nerfed.

My point was mainly that Jann Lee can still be played well. He didn't drop much with his limited nerfs. But I completely agree there were no need for all these nerfs. I'm not playing the game anymore. I wasn't happy with it before, but the way I used Mila I worked around most of the stuff I didn't like. New Mila is not only much worse, but is now forced to play DOA4 like half the cast. So I'm done.

Yaguar

You should've learned to play her better then. She played nothing like DOA4 Tina at high levels.

- Looping advantage
- OH setups
- Ground game

... Nope sounds like DOA 4 Tina to me. It was aimed as a little joke but everything seems to be personal with you when it is about MIla. So I'll leave it at that regardless of what bitchy reply about me being awful you follow up with.

Raze

Mila got nerfed to hell, it's made me drop the game completely. I feel for all the Mila players that are gonna hang tough and keep fighting with that empty shell of a character though. That patch completely imbalanced the game by changing frames, move properties, and boosting already strong characters like Sarah to even higher levels.. Oh well back to VF for me.

synce

Man this is by far the most depressing board post-1.03... It's funny because all the nerfs are making me want to pick her up again. Same thing with Alpha

uyko112

Man this is by far the most depressing board post-1.03... It's funny because all the nerfs are making me want to pick her up again. Same thing with Alpha
You are right this board is depressing omg..... I just started to like playing with Milla 1.03 but im not giving up on playing her. I just have to "relearn" her, spite of the nerfs. ;)

DrDogg

- Looping advantage
- OH setups
- Ground game

... Nope sounds like DOA 4 Tina to me. It was aimed as a little joke but everything seems to be personal with you when it is about MIla. So I'll leave it at that regardless of what bitchy reply about me being awful you follow up with.

Tell better jokes?

I still disagree. We may be debating semantics, but DOA4 Tina didn't have much in the way of guaranteed attacks during that "looping advantage". Also, I don't really consider my Mila to have OH setups like Tina did. It's more along the lines of guess right or eat the tackle (didn't matter that it was an OH). And her ground game is nothing like DOA4 Tina's (at least what I'm referring to).

My main issue is that I don't think many people understand what Mila really lost. I've played a good number of Mila players and watched these forums for months. I have NEVER seen anyone use the setups I use (that are now gone) aside from the two people I taught them to. Now I'm pretty sure Something Unique knows and uses the setups, but I haven't played on PS3 since before the last patch so I can't say for sure. But no other Mila I've played against uses them, even after I use the setup on them myself.

Yaguar

My main issue is that I don't think many people understand what Mila really lost. I've played a good number of Mila players and watched these forums for months. I have NEVER seen anyone use the setups I use (that are now gone) aside from the two people I taught them to. Now I'm pretty sure Something Unique knows and uses the setups, but I haven't played on PS3 since before the last patch so I can't say for sure. But no other Mila I've played against uses them, even after I use the setup on them myself.

It's the British sense of humour I guess.

This seems a fairly strong point. I know I've lost some bits but I don't think I was ever a super Mila anyway. I liked to play on the back foot and watch for SS T's on strings I knew but that is out the window.

Any chance you'd be able to share these setups at all (either with the wide audience or via PM)? Understand obviously if you aren't wanting to (in case they some how come back into play later on). Interested to see how higher level people were using her.

DrDogg

It's the British sense of humour I guess.

This seems a fairly strong point. I know I've lost some bits but I don't think I was ever a super Mila anyway. I liked to play on the back foot and watch for SS T's on strings I knew but that is out the window.

Any chance you'd be able to share these setups at all (either with the wide audience or via PM)? Understand obviously if you aren't wanting to (in case they some how come back into play later on). Interested to see how higher level people were using her.

I'll PM you. Don't want to share it publicly because Team Ninja might nerf her more... just in case.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD