Modding amateur needs help!

IAmJason

I'm trying to mod a XPS outfit into DoA6. I had the idea of taking the XPS file, deleting the body of it. I then imported the VB/IB body I wanted to place the outfit on. Next, I shrunk the VB/IB body down to the size of the XPS outfit. I then made some minor adjustments to make it look nice. I deleted all the vertices and joined all the objects together. After importing it to the game, the results were disastrous! (See link). I was told that I would have to resize the XPS body to the VB/IB one and then join them. But, I thought I could skip a step and just delete the body part of the XPS and then just use the outfit that remained. I thought about doing this because I found resizing the XPS body to the VB/IB body very tedious, time consuming and just annoying. Would my method work if I had done something different or am I stuck with doing it the hard way? Any help would be appreciated.

Oops!

P.S. Her skin is red because I was just seeing if I was doing the texture importing correctly.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, that's not gonna work that way xD if you want to turn a xps into a VB you have to scale it to the size of the doa6 body scale and then you have to join it with the doa6 clothes VB you're going to do, don't manipulate the size of the standard doa6 VB since that'll likely mess up stuff.

After you join the VB with the xps you then need to delete the part of the standard doa6 part from the XPS that's now a VB and then you need to switch the UV map name to the doa6 format so it'll show up correctly in game, otherwise it'll be a horrid looking raw texture that won't look good

IAmJason

Yeah, that's not gonna work that way xD if you want to turn a xps into a VB you have to scale it to the size of the doa6 body scale and then you have to join it with the doa6 clothes VB you're going to do, don't manipulate the size of the standard doa6 VB since that'll likely mess up stuff.

After you join the VB with the xps you then need to delete the part of the standard doa6 part from the XPS that's now a VB and then you need to switch the UV map name to the doa6 format so it'll show up correctly in game, otherwise it'll be a horrid looking raw texture that won't look good
I was afraid of that. The problem with scaling it is that it's not exact. The clothes were XPS too. Would that cause a glitch too?

IAmJason

No, XPS has to be scaled to be the same size as the doa6 body, or about the same size.
Sorry. I was asking if the clothes are part of xps body, would they too have to be part of a vb body? As in, would they have to be changed in that same way a xps body is?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Sorry. I was asking if the clothes are part of xps body, would they too have to be part of a vb body? As in, would they have to be changed in that same way a xps body is?
No unless you're trying to also get the body in the game too but that's more work. You can just get rhe clothes since that's what you'll be fitting on the doa6 body models

IAmJason

No unless you're trying to also get the body in the game too but that's more work. You can just get rhe clothes since that's what you'll be fitting on the doa6 body models
Okay, that's good to know. Do you know anything about fixing this problem: Blocks surrounding the butterfly? I've managed to add an alpha channel, but when it gets convert from a dds to a g1t, that still happens.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Okay, that's good to know. Do you know anything about fixing this problem: Blocks surrounding the butterfly? I've managed to add an alpha channel, but when it gets convert from a dds to a g1t, that still happens.
That's because very few doa6 textures have the transparent property by default, so adding decals is often impossible unless you're using a texture that already has that property. The only textures I've noted however that'll work are ones that are already transparent by default or hair texture maps.

You also have to enable it in blender for one's that will work to have it like that in game as well but I don't think the dress will work, that dress is already in the game tho so you shouldn't have to adjust it

IAmJason

That's because very few doa6 textures have the transparent property by default, so adding decals is often impossible unless you're using a texture that already has that property. The only textures I've noted however that'll work are ones that are already transparent by default or hair texture maps.

You also have to enable it in blender for one's that will work to have it like that in game as well but I don't think the dress will work, that dress is already in the game tho so you shouldn't have to adjust it
Actually, I found a way to do it. I did have to fill the blanks for some parts, but it worked. This YouTube video helped: Alpha channel creation The fixed butterfly No blocks

IAmJason

To whom it may concern,

I was trying to replace a game default VB body with a nude VB body with help from this tutorial: DOA6 Beginners Modding Tutorial. I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I imported the G1M and tried to view it with Noesis, I got this error: Noesis Error. I remember reading somewhere to just ignore it, so I started up the game and this happened: Invisible Ayane. I can't figure out what I did wrong and would appreciate any help. Thanks

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD