Modding Utilities & Apps Thread

immi

lnk_reshuffle 5.0 & doa++ 0.2.0 (dinput8.dll) (2016/04/10)

Download

//edit:
quick update: Download
- re-enable hairlist +/- buttons for DLC costumes
note: this is just the updated lnk_reshuffle.py, copy the file into your lnk_reshuffle-5.0 folder

5.0 changes:
- increase number of non-dlc costumes for each character to the maximum (42) (exact number of new slots see below)
- increase number of possible details to 100
- patch game to use details > 4 / show letters after A-D in character selection. (after Z it continues with 27-100).
- costume slots can be activated/deactived (except COS_* and dlc slots).
- some tinkering with the UI:
  • improve import dialog: show number remaining unused files / show error about already existing files before hitting commit button / allow to rename files / remember last used directory
  • add option to hairstyle list to assign a hair/face from the characters DLC list (assigns TMC+TMCL in one go)
  • add option to hair DLC list to add a hair to all costumes( unless it is already there )
  • swapped(=replaced) files appear as red, imported ones as greenish
  • empty slots marked with '+' can be activated/filled, slots marked with '*' can only be filled with DLCTool
- fixed some misspelled ---C files from Marie (thx @FallingCat)
- added decrypted names for sound files: BGM_* (=music), CHAR_VOICE_*, SYSVOICE_*, STORY_VOICE_*, SOUND_*
- added decrypted names for Private Paradise animations ( eg. HITOMI_PARADISE.mpm ) (thx @ LolaGmods for the initial investigation )

notes:
  • due to the heavy messing around with the costume data there probably is a higher chance than usual for unexpected bugs. so make a backup of your mod.config before updating ...
    and if you find a bug, pick it up and report it :).
  • you most definitly will run out of free unused files before filling all slots :p
  • looking at the slot list you will see that in some cases there are DLC slots before builtin costumes.( ie Kasumi's DLCU_001/002/003 are DLC slots, but DLCU_004 is comes with the base game)
    if you haven't filled these DLC slots, you can actived the slot and swap your costume to it.
    But, ... if you install a DLC afterwards which occupies the slot - bad things will happen ...
    tl;dr stay away from the DLC slots is still a sound advice :)

new slots in detail:
leifang +12
tina +13
kasumi,mila +14
ayane +15
helena,hitomi,kokoro,lisa +16
christie +17
momiji +26
bayman,hayabusa +27
bass,brad,eliot,hayate,lee,rig,zack +28
pai,rachel,sarah +29
akira,genfu +31
nyotengu +32
jacky +33
alpha, ein,leon +34
phase4 +35
honoka,raidou +36
marie,naotora +37

Last edited:

The Enforcer

technically, yes

but as was pointed out in the Moveset discussion thread: since the animation data closely depends on the character's skeleton/bone structure, switching animation won't always work in game.

Thanks, I saw some of the references after my post.

Do we know if this is because some skeletons have different bones? Otherwise characters with similar bodies should still be able to work without problem, like Ayane <> Kasumi <> Phase 4.

Edit: @immi, I tested the new version and was looking at the paradise mpm files. Is there a way to extract them individually without using extract all for every file? Also I noticed that the Pick File option did not highlight. Is that still a work in progress for such files, or am I doing something wrong.

Last edited:

immi

Do we know ...
i dont :p
but I would think your assumption in the next sentence is correct ( ninja characters are similar enough that the animation swap works)

btw it seems our japanese DOA wizards have figured out the animation data (.mpm/.cam files) (at least partly)
so hopefully we will see actual edited/new animations, not just swaps. Maybe someone can fix some of the ugly clipping errors :)

Edit: @immi, I tested the new version and was looking at the paradise mpm files. Is there a way to extract them individually without using extract all for every file? Also I noticed that the Pick File option did not highlight. Is that still a work in progress for such files, or am I doing something wrong.
not sure I understand you:
when you want to extract a single file: just select it in the list, then click "Extract".
Clicking "Extract All" will extract all files currently displayed in the list
or do you mean, that doesn't work?

The AssetBrowser is basically just a file browser, it doesn't care what is in the files. So it should work, unless I broke something :)

The Enforcer

not sure I understand you:
when you want to extract a single file: just select it in the list, then click "Extract".
Clicking "Extract All" will extract all files currently displayed in the list
or do you mean, that doesn't work?

The AssetBrowser is basically just a file browser, it doesn't care what is in the files. So it should work, unless I broke something :)

I can't take a screenshot at the moment, but when I'm in the Asset Browser and select a file 'Extract' is disabled. 'Extract All' is enabled, but I don't want to extract everything. Also when the file is selected, 'Pick File' for swapping is also disabled. I'll take a screenshot later once on my pc. At least this is true when I have a x_Paradise.mpm file selected.

immi

I can't take a screenshot at the moment, but when I'm in the Asset Browser and select a file 'Extract' is disabled. 'Extract All' is enabled, but I don't want to extract everything. Also when the file is selected, 'Pick File' for swapping is also disabled. I'll take a screenshot later once on my pc. At least this is true when I have a x_Paradise.mpm file selected.
is the file displayed with an '?' in front of it (in the list)? And in the Details: on the right it says 'NO DATA' ?
Then the necessary lnk file doesn't exist. That's why you can't extract them.

Note that the Paradise videos belong to a DLC, they don't exist in the base game.

Vex

- added decrypted names for sound files: BGM_* (=music), CHAR_VOICE_*, SYSVOICE_*, STORY_VOICE_*, SOUND_*
- added decrypted names for Private Paradise animations ( eg. HITOMI_PARADISE.mpm ) (thx @ LolaGmods for the initial investigation )
but where are they? and how to edit?

The Enforcer

is the file displayed with an '?' in front of it (in the list)? And in the Details: on the right it says 'NO DATA' ?
Then the necessary lnk file doesn't exist. That's why you can't extract them.

Note that the Paradise videos belong to a DLC, they don't exist in the base game.

Ok that makes sense now that I see that. I already knew that they were in the DLC, I just didn't know what distinction the program made for extractable content. I did some manual swaps in the DLC lnk. No major breakthroughs but the details are here if interested: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/moveset-mods.6326/page-2#post-309361

molton

It seems to be that with the hogehoge DLC tool 2016.4.1.1 and the DOA5LR 1.06 it's no more possible to use the details of the costume. They're created in the tool, but not functional ingame. All the .--H and .--HL files seem to be no more functional ingame. Doesn't crash but also doesn't show the details. Just always the main costume. You can toggle between the costume details, but it shows only the first costume (f.e. MARIE modded catsuit new).

Does anyone know how to contact our hero (THX A LOT!!) who created the DLC tool? Maybe it could be patched... (LNK reshuffle 5 doesn't work no more, too)

molton

@immi: I noticed also that faces and hair doesn't work, but I took them in by lnk reshuffle, so I understand this part.
But why is lnk reshuffle affecting the "details" (not hair or faces) that are created by the DLC tool?
Is it always like this? (Sorry, I'm a noob here)

For the moment beeing I switched back to 1.05 on steam as a workaround.

immi

the dinput8.dll that comes with lnk_reshuffle does not only load the mods into the game that you set up using lnk_reshuffle.
It also patches the game to show the selected detail on the character selection screen (instead of always showing the first).
For some odd reason TN had disabled that function.

Xillia

I think that the stages are getting quite boring, now that we have full customizing of the characters, new stages would be refreshing and fun, is it possible to mod them? I can see that they are shown in lnk reshuffle which probably mean they are editable? we would have a much more exciting experience with the game if it was possible to make modded stages. Since we aren't getting the new ones on pc anyways.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD