Modding

mariokart64n

I'm trying to swap files in DOA5, or maybe even go as far as modding the characters in the game

Is anyone game for a modding adventure?

xD3VILMANx

Unfortunately I don't have much skills when it comes to modding. I do have a jtag and access to the DOA5 game files. I haven't messed with any mods since DOAU. You do some awesome work, can't wait to see what you come up with.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
They changed the container format from NG3 and earlier versions DOA5 so the names of everything is scrambled when you try and use the current tools to try and extract the contents. Chrrox looks like he's having success figuring out the format and should have something released soon. However, the Noesis script for looking at the models/textures needs to be updated for other reasons as well. Spoiler: It didn't work with some of the newer models in versions of the game other than the Alpha demo.

Keved

I've seen some pretty crazy mod jobs out there for Dead or Alive 3. Check out some of this guys character skins.

PC gamers are doing this with Street Fighter IV & Street Fighter X Tekken also.

mariokart64n

its not looking good..

chrrox single handily hacked the files all the way down to the models.

he cracked the archive format, the compression, and the XOR key. and recently completely import a textured model

however any time I try it modify a file the game just kicks you to a dirty disc screen.

Modding is possible, but only if someone can disasssemble the XEX and figure out why we can't change files

Everything else is known and we could implement new models I believe

Silver

Hello Mario Kart 64 - Is me - the maker of Open Island - I would like to play in the modding scene for doa 5 - also to add these new girls into my game to make more fun :)
I would also like to actually inject my custom girls into that game - you know - a lot of people want to original actor faces / bodies in Doa5 - I can make that possible if we get successful abilities to inject back into the game then I can release a successful working version. Because of my extensive knowledge of the hacking scene and the necessary equipment and game development skills I am at the ready - ready to serve and make this game even better!
As far as updates to my game goes all the doa girls are complete enough to be shown, I added 3 tekken girls too.
I have so many customization features my game hands down is at the top of all games in that category.
I am a but uneasy showing pictures here but I will on my website and at request.
Getting the doa5 girls into the game is going to be fun :) As well as injecting custom characters back and custom costumes !

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD