DOA5U Momiji - Top 10 Moves

I've been reading over this thread for awhile guys and i really like these moves i use them alot with momiji right now. Can someone explain to me the momiji changes for DoA5U? I played momiji in DoA5 when she came out but i stopped playing for awhile and then i picked up DoA5U. I could probably go to training and learn my self but forgive me i am lazy -_-

Tenryuga

I've been reading over this thread for awhile guys and i really like these moves i use them alot with momiji right now. Can someone explain to me the momiji changes for DoA5U? I played momiji in DoA5 when she came out but i stopped playing for awhile and then i picked up DoA5U. I could probably go to training and learn my self but forgive me i am lazy -_-

Momiji was never in DOA5. If you are talking about earlier versions of DOA5U not much has changed that affects her gameplay immensely IMO.

Xernuht

Okay, now that I feel more educated, let's give my opinion:

:P:/:P::P: and options
You get plenty to work with here, with follow-ups featuring a stance transition, a high crush, a tracking high, a tracking mid, and a wall splat. Coupled with complete throw safety, you can pick people off with tick throws.

:K: and options
It comes out fast and far, offering a solid counter-stunning high punch and a ranged mid kick as follow-ups. Also offers a solid string delay, making the other player have to guess harder.

:2::P:
Nice fast low, auto high-crush, and it's reasonably safe. It's just really short-range.

:6::P: and options
If you don't use this, you aren't playing her right. Nice range, 12 frames, offers the mid-stun punch (unsafe on block) and :6::K: options.

:1::P: and options
Again, you should be using this. This offers her only true low/mid mixup with the stun punch and amazing range with the kick. Tracks, and has reasonably good speed. Both options are hilariously unsafe on block, so use with care.

:2::H+K:
The kick option from :1::P: on it's own. Great range, crushes highs, offers light stuns and trips. Still totally unsafe on block.

:8::P:
Fast, high-crushes, stuns hard, launches on critical, versatile relauncher. You should be using it.

:3::P: and options
You get two options for damage, one of them being a relauncher, all with heavy delay. You get the deepest stun of her arsenal, forcing the opponent to hold out to avoid the follow-up. You get a mid-punch launcher. All this for 13 frames and safety.

:7::K:
This is a ridiculously good escape tool, offering a high crush and a big hitbox for good speed and a degree of safety.

:6::6::P: and option.
15 frames, stuns, and is respectfully safe. What makes it her best move? 2 meters range, surpassing all but the most obvious of ranged options, granting her unpunishable access to her highest launcher on CH. This lets you pick off wake-up kicks on reaction. Just don't throw out the launcher at random. You'll switch from "Just try and hit me, Master Ryu!" to eating a Counter-Izuna instantly.

HONORABLE MENTIONS
:9::K:
Solid move. Low crush, causes back-turn stun, and can lead to big damage with :6::6::P::P:. However, it hits high, isn't safe, and if they can SE on Fastest, you only get :K::P: as a follow-up, leading to a sad 49 damage.

:4::K:
15-frame mid kick with the same range as :6::6::P:, but it doesn't stun much at all, and has no follow-ups. Only useful at long-range

:6::6_::H+K:
Fast-ish on start-up, long-range, and guard breaks for +3, leaving you in range to outpoke anyone. Too bad it's useless outside of mid-range due to her needing to run to start it up.

splslick

Okay, now that I feel more educated, let's give my opinion:

:P:/:P::P: and options
You get plenty to work with here, with follow-ups featuring a stance transition, a high crush, a tracking high, a tracking mid, and a wall splat. Coupled with complete throw safety, you can pick people off with tick throws.

:K: and options
It comes out fast and far, offering a solid counter-stunning high punch and a ranged mid kick as follow-ups. Also offers a solid string delay, making the other player have to guess harder.

:2::P:
Nice fast low, auto high-crush, and it's reasonably safe. It's just really short-range.

:6::P: and options
If you don't use this, you aren't playing her right. Nice range, 12 frames, offers the mid-stun punch (unsafe on block) and :6::K: options.

:1::P: and options
Again, you should be using this. This offers her only true low/mid mixup with the stun punch and amazing range with the kick. Tracks, and has reasonably good speed. Both options are hilariously unsafe on block, so use with care.

:2::H+K:
The kick option from :1::P: on it's own. Great range, crushes highs, offers light stuns and trips. Still totally unsafe on block.

:8::P:
Fast, high-crushes, stuns hard, launches on critical, versatile relauncher. You should be using it.

:3::P: and options
You get two options for damage, one of them being a relauncher, all with heavy delay. You get the deepest stun of her arsenal, forcing the opponent to hold out to avoid the follow-up. You get a mid-punch launcher. All this for 13 frames and safety.

:7::K:
This is a ridiculously good escape tool, offering a high crush and a big hitbox for good speed and a degree of safety.

:6::6::P: and option.
15 frames, stuns, and is respectfully safe. What makes it her best move? 2 meters range, surpassing all but the most obvious of ranged options, granting her unpunishable access to her highest launcher on CH. This lets you pick off wake-up kicks on reaction. Just don't throw out the launcher at random. You'll switch from "Just try and hit me, Master Ryu!" to eating a Counter-Izuna instantly.

HONORABLE MENTIONS
:9::K:
Solid move. Low crush, causes back-turn stun, and can lead to big damage with :6::6::P::P:. However, it hits high, isn't safe, and if they can SE on Fastest, you only get :K::P: as a follow-up, leading to a sad 49 damage.

:4::K:
15-frame mid kick with the same range as :6::6::P:, but it doesn't stun much at all, and has no follow-ups. Only useful at long-range

:6::6_::H+K:
Fast-ish on start-up, long-range, and guard breaks for +3, leaving you in range to outpoke anyone. Too bad it's useless outside of mid-range due to her needing to run to start it up.

I dont think 66h+k outside of the mid-range is useless. It's pretty good to setup some psuedo force techs. You can also set it up after extending the stun with 3p for the sitdown stun. It does have a lot of startup so it's easier to hold than a lot of her other options imo.

Xernuht

I dont think 66h+k outside of the mid-range is useless. It's pretty good to setup some psuedo force techs. You can also set it up after extending the stun with 3p for the sitdown stun. It does have a lot of startup so it's easier to hold than a lot of her other options imo.

That's 6H+K, not WR H+K. I'll agree that 6H+K is solid for its sitdown/FT ability, but the wind-up and the fact that it's easy to SE, unlike 3P and 8P, limit its uses in my usual matchups (Kasumi, Ayane, Leifang).

splslick

That's 6H+K, not WR H+K. I'll agree that 6H+K is solid for its sitdown/FT ability, but the wind-up and the fact that it's easy to SE, unlike 3P and 8P, limit its uses in my usual matchups (Kasumi, Ayane, Leifang).
My bad =[

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

3P and 6P are guaranteed after 6H+K, even at fastest stagger escape. It's a good tool in threshold, sitdown into uppercut stun is very strong and that uppercut stun from 3P is not getting stagger escaped at all to block anything.

I also don't see how any of those characters you listed limits the use of a threshold tool.

Xernuht

3P and 6P are guaranteed after 6H+K, even at fastest stagger escape. It's a good tool in threshold, sitdown into uppercut stun is very strong and that uppercut stun from 3P is not getting stagger escaped at all to block anything.

I also don't see how any of those characters you listed limits the use of a threshold tool.

Because I don't respect 3P's speed and might, leading me to get counter-poked, blocked, and held doing slower things.

Kuga

Run K+G aint that useless. Its nice attack from range and they wont duck it if they respect 66PP. And + on block is also always nice:). Kinda reminds me of Spartans run P and K exchange.

Tenryuga

Running H+K is a great approach tool. As a Hayate player I am jealous of the bullshit approach and spacing tools you guys have.

*Inb4 "Hayate players have 236K and 66P mixups."*

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Because I don't respect 3P's speed and might, leading me to get counter-poked, blocked, and held doing slower things.

But you have things like jab, 6P, 7K, 2P, K and H+K to fight up close in speed, all of that ranging from i10 to i12 frames. Plus the 3P is not going to get held after 6H+K is confirmed, it's a free stun.

Tenryuga

Not sure if you are using 3P in neutral or in stun but I generally tend to use it in stun. I use it in neutral when I have frame advantage and in certain MUs because 3P can crush jabs from some characters in neutral like Hayate which is hilariously dumb. I also highly recommend 3P4P as a threshold launcher because it is just 2 points behind 236P in damage at critical level 1 and is faster.

Xernuht

Not sure if you are using 3P in neutral or in stun but I generally tend to use it in stun. I use it in neutral when I have frame advantage and in certain MUs because 3P can crush jabs from some characters in neutral like Hayate which is hilariously dumb. I also highly recommend 3P4P as a threshold launcher because it is just 2 points behind 236P in damage at critical level 1 and is faster.

I've been focusing on using it in stun. 6P serves the job better IMO. I'm trying to use 3P as the pre-launch set-up, since they have to hold out or take the launch.

Kuga

I've been focusing on using it in stun. 6P serves the job better IMO. I'm trying to use 3P as the pre-launch set-up, since they have to hold out or take the launch.
Situations to use 6P and 3P more safely actualy sort of differ. 6P is her fastest and safest choice for mid when fighting on -2~+1 for example after 2P hits on NH or P on block because that one frame can mean anything. 3P is lierally one frame more risky but with much better reward. 3P used at =>+2 is absoutly god level move. Its i11 then and with i8 P and i10 2P and 7K at worst you can beat any attack in game. Remember that in fight if you are being CHd by random high punches out of 3P to use her great crushes like 8P - your oponent should fell fear about using his Ps aganist Momiji. She can be an mindfucking offensive demon.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Yes IMO 3P is superior to 6P when we have enough frame advantage to force 50/50s. Lift stun gives us access to 9K, 6H+K and other great options. SE is not an option here because they can take 6H+K all day long if they do that and get put into a worse situation.

Kuga

Yeah, i would even say that 6K+G is quite often even better option after CH 3P than 8P or 3P4P since these two are most likely to be expected due to Momiji being stun->launch character. And after it hits we have free another 3P and after it oponent is in VERY bad situation.

However Tenryuga, i would personaly reconsider use of 9K here and in stun game in general. Reason being that in stun even if they miss with hold they still can start doing SE like crazy after inputing hold command and escape follow up. Happened to me few times aganist good players as it is good defensive technique and strategy. I would use it as whiff punisher only where they have to react much, much quicker.

#buff9k ! lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD