Most common beginner and bad Lisa player habits, patterns and mistakes

Tones

Premium Donor
Yeah all her moves are pretty much usable. Which makes for a variety of ways to play her. Gruff, can you share some recent game-play of yourself?

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Well I can show you my match against Awesmic and show you what not to do against Christie but thats a universal fuck up I did. I saved some replays of myself against SomethingUnique, both wins and losses. I can upload a few of those I guess. Im still not that great tbh.

/rambling

synce

Her movelist really isnt as bad as people make it out to be. I also believe that Lisa is not a 5-10 moves character. Yes she has her main moves, but as time goes on you start to see that she has to use a lot more of her moveset than other characters. Which in turn is good and bad at the same time.

I've played Lisa like that in the past and in my experience she's much stronger and more fun to play when she's not fishing for max stun or whatever. But there's nothing wrong if that's what you prefer, as it's encouraged in DOA after all

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Yeah all her moves are pretty much usable. Which makes for a variety of ways to play her. Gruff, can you share some recent game-play of yourself?

Posted them in the video thread and in the media section

Tones

Premium Donor
I'm going to unlike your post after watching those vids lol. You seem to know your shit but you don't know your shit. Maybe you just need better sparring partners, someone able to take you to the next level.

Thanks for posting those videos though. A good example of a player unable to set up attacks to land but everything Gruff said here is spot on and he even has an idea of how to set things up (see his post about throws). 4k+h is the best get the hell off me move in the game. Couple that with 1k, 1p (pk)3k and her 4 and 6 frame throws she is an awesome turtler. Her move list is pretty much all killer. His point on her throws (also 44p+h is 6 frames, which pretty much means it can punish everything. Even if they do a safe move and not attack or crush straight after it).

It's not a bad thing, you must know the basics as you know your shit. Just need to take the step fully from being a beginner to being intermediate. That Mila shouldn't have beat you at all.

Last edited:

AkaShocka

Here's two of my vids. One is much older though. I usually compare my gameplay from time to time. Tell me what you think

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I'm going to unlike your post after watching those vids lol. You seem to know your shit but you don't know your shit. Maybe you just need better sparring partners, someone able to take you to the next level.

Thanks for posting those videos though. A good example of a player unable to set up attacks to land but everything Gruff said here is spot on and he even has an idea of how to set things up (see his post about throws). 4k+h is the best get the hell off me move in the game. Couple that with 1k, 1p (pk)3k and her 4 and 6 frame throws she is an awesome turtler. Her move list is pretty much all killer. His point on her throws (also 44p+h is 6 frames, which pretty much means it can punish everything. Even if they do a safe move and not attack or crush straight after it).

It's not a bad thing, you must know the basics as you know your shit. Just need to take the step fully from being a beginner to being intermediate. That Mila shouldn't have beat you at all.

Well I did say I'm not that good lol.

Like you said I know what to do, problem is that I'm still new to playing competitively and I'm still in development. My reactions are hella slow, I'm a bad reader when it counts, I'm practically free to lows and throws.

The Mila player, @Something-Unique, is actually a really good player who has been playing and winning tourneys far longer than I've been playing, so he naturally has a better sense of basics and mind games, plus Mila is fucking retardedly good.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD