Music

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I wasn't aware that he had a theme either. I figured since they got lazy by re-using Hayate's moveset they wouldn't have done anything else with him either. I'll look into it later.

Feteo

Hehe, sorry to disappoint you, it is a completely new track, I don't think it's a remix, at least it does not remind me of any other theme.
It is just a very rockish, quickly guitar bass-drum... I don't know, it's definitely a different unexpected track!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Remove the random flutes, slow it down 1/8th, and re-work the theme sticking with what you've got from 0:22 to 0:55....

and they would've had DOA 5's menu music.

Instead, well... unexpected, but overall forgettable. I guess if Shiden was more of a powerhouse this would fit him more.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Remove the random flutes, slow it down 1/8th, and re-work the theme sticking with what you've got from 0:22 to 0:55....
and they would've had DOA 5's menu music.
Something like this? Obviously I can't remove the flute but I kind of like it. I think it makes the track seem less generic and reminds you that this is a Japanese game.

Feteo

What interests me: How do you like Shiden's theme, grap3fruitman? Also aiming at Mr. Wah, who is probably disappointed, that it isn't a remix. (It is not, right? At least, I did not hear any similarities, compared to the other old DoA-Themes)

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
It doesn't really do anything for me but I do like it when played per Rikuto's suggestion, slowed down and only that portion. When it's played like that, I do feel that it's suited as menu music for a DOA game.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Most of the DOAD music has left me underwhelmed really. I long for the days of DOA2, DOA3, and DOA1's (AYA) music.

Zero254

Mr. Wah. Don't you remember Kasumi's DOA1 theme is in this?
Chronicle mode.
It's just weird that it shows up twice in here.

Zero254

He is a mixture of the DOA4 and DOA3 Hayate moveset.
Would you say he is better or worse than doa3 hayate?

Doesn't he have the cart wheel?

I'm liking Kasumi Alpha's theme and generally some of the themes included such as the remix of Jahn-lee's doa2 theme.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
He's not as good as DOA3 Hayate. If he had frame advantage on block and the sidestepping was looser then he might be a contender or equal to.

x Sypher x

Are these, or any of the DOA themes up to date, downloadable? I'd love to add some DOA music from each game to my mp3 player.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
If ya don't upload Eliot's theme, I must find other places to find my goodies!
I've uploaded all the unique tracks from the game that haven't been featured elsewhere. Eliot's theme is the same as his DOA4 theme and the same goes for many other characters.

Are these, or any of the DOA themes up to date, downloadable? I'd love to add some DOA music from each game to my mp3 player.
Not officially but you can find them on places that specialize in archiving video game soundtracks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD