System My DOA5u freezes on the character select screen ALL the time...

GaztheInvader

At first I was always getting an error when I start the game saying my family settings won't allow me use the online features of the game, but that's ok because I'm on a xbox silver account. Now the game doesn't get past the selection screen, I've tried deleting and downloading all costume catalogues, deleting system cache & redownloading the title updates but it still isn't working. My disc isn't scratched or anything. I even tried to test if I could watch the win/lose pose videos but it freezes when I'm supposed to pick costumes. Pls help, any useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Batcommander

maybe you have a defective copy or something? Or your system could be on the fritz. Those are the only suggestions that come to mind.

GaztheInvader

maybe you have a defective copy or something? Or your system could be on the fritz. Those are the only suggestions that come to mind.

I don't think I have a defective copy because its been working perfectly until a few days ago. I don't think my xbox is the problem either because every other game in my library works perfectly.

David Gregg

It sounds like it might be an issue with the disc. Make sure you thoroughly clean it with a soft cloth and check again for fingerprints/scratches on it. Can't think of anything else other than maybe don't sign in to XBL and try offline and see if it makes a difference.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I remember I had this problem too as I tried to play the game offline with a friend on his xbox. It always freezed at the character/costume selection. We figured out that it happened because he (my friend) had downloaded some of the free costume packs/datas and installed them before, although the game version itself was not updated. Therefore, it was working again as soon as we had removed all the additional download data. I guess the game cannot handle costume downloads if the game version is older than the one these costumes are released for. I know it may not be really helpful because you said you've already tried to delete all costume catalogs, but maybe it can point you to the right direction to find out the reason. Good luck!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I had/have a similar problem with my copy on Xbox360. The game crashed, when I wanted to select certain characters in the character select screen. I found out, that this always happened, when I deleted the system cache (because of stupid Skyrim, because it always freezes) before and started the game without being online. If you delete the system cache, the information for all downloaded patches seems to be gone as well and that causes apparently problems. Once you are online, when the game is booting up, you are asked to download the patches again and after that everything should work fine again. At least with my copy...

GaztheInvader

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and listing out your experiences, guys. I'll keep trying to find a solution, and when I ho (hopefully), I'll mention what I did here to help others who might have the same problem

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD