My Issue With Rig....

Haydeeze

I think the hardest thing about being a Rig player is...you have nobody to really compare to. NOBODY PLAYS HIM! So its really hard to tell if you're doing really good or god awful with him. So the point of this thread is to get Gtags and PSNIDs so you can compare and get better as RIG PLAYERS against OTHER RIG PLAYERS. Also its always good to give tips and help each other get better as players as well.
Gtag: xSA Hades. Don't be afraid to ask any questions or challange me :].

Supersonic

I actually main rig. I am by no means the best player out there, but i am comfortable with my growth so far. my GT is ANIMEniac, feel free to shoot me a msg and we can spar a bit and share tips ^_^

Murakame

I dont main Rig but He's someone I want to be able to use at a high level. PSN ID is Tenryuga.

Haydeeze

Rig is my main too ^_^. Well him and Helena but I enjoy Rig much more. His playstyle is just so much fun to me.

DrDogg

Rig is my main too ^_^. Well him and Helena but I enjoy Rig much more. His playstyle is just so much fun to me.

I haven't seen you play Rig in quite some time. Every time you play me, you use Helena and attack out of disadvantage (online tactics FTW!) like every other online Helena player.

You can't play that way with Rig, so I can understand why you'd enjoy that play style more. But when you want to win, you go to [online mode] Helena. I think that makes you a Helena main.

Haydeeze

@DrDogg No, Tbh I'm learning Helena through Alex MaGanda and XCaLiber BLadeZ. So I practice in rank. I'm known as a Rig player because when I play lobby with people talking trash I pull out Rig. Personally I like playing Rig more then Helena because Rig's Taekwondo Style is more fit for me since I study it in real life. Yes I play Helena. But my Rig is my best. And I am the best Rig.(I said it. Get at me)

DrDogg

@DrDogg No, Tbh I'm learning Helena through Alex MaGanda and XCaLiber BLadeZ. So I practice in rank. I'm known as a Rig player because when I play lobby with people talking trash I pull out Rig. Personally I like playing Rig more then Helena because Rig's Taekwondo Style is more fit for me since I study it in real life. Yes I play Helena. But my Rig is my best. And I am the best Rig.(I said it. Get at me)

I don't know who Alex MaGanda is, and XBladez doesn't impress me at all, so the fact that you're learning Helena from them doesn't change my opinion. You still attack out of disadvantage relentlessly and that won't work against anyone who knows the match-up offline. Unfortunately, I have yet to see anyone play the match-up correctly offline, but whatever.

As far as you being the best Rig, you can't make that statement. Period. If you want to be considered the best Rig, you need to place well at an offline tournament. There's no other way to prove it. End of story.

Right now, the best Rig would be whoever placed high at DID8/NEC with him. If no one placed top 8 with Rig, then it's still up for grabs. But if you've never played Rig at an offline tournament, you cannot claim to be the best.

Haydeeze

I plan on going to any offline events in my area and the nearest ones are in a couple of months. Here's all im saying DrDogg, You cant beat my Helena, You cant beat my Rig(Also Ive' played you with Rig many more times then with Helena, Look on Mystiks stream, all I used was Rig. and I had like a 12+ Win Streak). Even if it is "Online" The fact is that you haven't beat me anytime. Ever. You can check that W/L record. So wouldn't that make me a better player then you regardless? If I can beat you online consistantly with little struggle, I should fairly easily do it offline.
One other thing, If I've played any Rig that challanges me and I've won flawless can't I claim that? I'll glady show up to an offline tourney thats not the issue. I know for a fact that I am at least one of the best Rigs in this game. Hands down
BUT thats not what this thread is about. This is a RIG ISSUES thread. Lets keep it that way. No extra comments about this arguement. K? K:]

TakedaZX

Well I know this is about Rig players coming together, but I wanna learn the Rig matchups. Mind if I challenge some of you? Preferably you Hades, sounds like a good challenge that I'm looking for.

HiguraShiki

Rig has major issues
th

DrDogg

Shouldn't you want people to attack out of disadvantage? It's like a free hit.

PS. I'm the best Mila. lol..............................

No, I want people to level up in this game. The level of play is ridiculously low right now.

And yes, you would be considered the best Mila at the moment. Unique will be at Final Round though. If he places well there he may take that title from you. How many people entered at TTT?

I plan on going to any offline events in my area and the nearest ones are in a couple of months. Here's all im saying DrDogg, You cant beat my Helena, You cant beat my Rig(Also Ive' played you with Rig many more times then with Helena, Look on Mystiks stream, all I used was Rig. and I had like a 12+ Win Streak). Even if it is "Online" The fact is that you haven't beat me anytime. Ever. You can check that W/L record. So wouldn't that make me a better player then you regardless? If I can beat you online consistantly with little struggle, I should fairly easily do it offline.
One other thing, If I've played any Rig that challanges me and I've won flawless can't I claim that? I'll glady show up to an offline tourney thats not the issue. I know for a fact that I am at least one of the best Rigs in this game. Hands down
BUT thats not what this thread is about. This is a RIG ISSUES thread. Lets keep it that way. No extra comments about this arguement. K? K:]

Seriously? The fact that you even want to count online wins for ANYTHING is a complete joke. You think beating someone in a situation in which they can't counter on reaction, can't block low on reaction, can't step very well, can't punish hardly anything, and frame data magically changes at random is a good judge of ANYTHING? The fact that you think it has any merit whatsoever is ridiculous.

That said, Helena has a 10-0 match-up against every character online. You should beat me every time with her online, no questions asked. In fact, 99% of the time I fight Helena online, I pick Bass (a character I don't even play seriously) and spam 1PP into pick-up mix-ups.

How many times have you played Rig against me? I hardly remember fighting you at all, but of the matches I recall, I only remember your Helena. I rarely encounter Rig players online. I don't know what Mystik stream you're talking about, but I've never played DOA on her stream. In fact, I've never played DOA online against her at all.

Also, I never once said I was a better Rig than you. I simply stated you can't call yourself the best Rig (and you're a Helena main as far as I'm concerned). Rig isn't even my main, he's my second (about to be third).

Now, as far as you proving you're the best Rig (which has nothing to do with me), you can't do that at a local. It has to be a decent size tournament. You'd need to do it at SoCal Regionals, Winter Brawl, Final Round, IPL... any of those. If it's going to be a local, you at least need a decent scene, and I don't know any solid DOA players in STL.

Haydeeze

Local as in Chicago. Within my region.
The fact that you don't take a fact that I have beaten you on mystiks stream when its on the internet and "don't remember" the Rig matches is redicolous. I'm done arguing with you though, It's like arguing with a child tbh. I'll be at any tourney somewhat near me. As in im not going past like Dallas is as far as I'll go.

Jefffcore

No, I want people to level up in this game. The level of play is ridiculously low right now.

And yes, you would be considered the best Mila at the moment. Unique will be at Final Round though. If he places well there he may take that title from you. How many people entered at TTT?
I didn't actually expect you to agree with that, I was just being a troll.

There were 11 I think.

I don't even know if I wanna play DOA anymore. I've completely lost interest, but I'll probably go to FR myself.

Might wanna stray from the online talk, might get the thread locked :p

DrDogg

Local as in Chicago. Within my region.
The fact that you don't take a fact that I have beaten you on mystiks stream when its on the internet and "don't remember" the Rig matches is redicolous. I'm done arguing with you though, It's like arguing with a child tbh. I'll be at any tourney somewhat near me. As in im not going past like Dallas is as far as I'll go.

Look, you called yourself the best Rig. I simply told you how to go about actually making that happen. It's not my fault you mistakenly think online wins mean something.

And I'm sorry, but unless you travel to a major, or even a regional tournament, you will never be called the best Rig by anyone of significance (the greater community). I didn't make up these rules, they aren't mine. I'm just telling you how to prove your statement. Online and small locals are not going to get you any respect. Period.

As I said, I have never played on Mystik's stream... ever. Are you thinking of a different stream? The only time I've ever played DOA when Mystik was in the room (or on any non-tournament stream) was on the Destructoid stream (back in October), and unless you left early, you were not there. At most, I lost one time because I played until I lost without playing Mystik or Foom (Dtoid). Again, the fact that you beat me online means nothing. That's like me wanting props for beating you when your block button didn't work.

I didn't actually expect you to agree with that, I was just being a troll.

There were 11 I think.

I don't even know if I wanna play DOA anymore. I've completely lost interest, but I'll probably go to FR myself.

Might wanna stray from the online talk, might get the thread locked :p

The lack of a local scene, the horrid online, and the fact that I can't compete in most tournaments makes me lose interest as well. But I'll play until FFXIV releases. You can at least compete in tournaments and you have a bigger local scene than I do. You should keep playing.

There's no activity in the Rig forum. This actually gets people talking and hopefully makes people understand that online means nothing from a competitive standpoint. I'd rather have one long thread about this rather than 20 locked threads about people thinking online wins have merit. We went through this back in the DOA4 days, it's a shame we have to do it again.

Also, it was the OP who started this conversation.

HiguraShiki

There's no activity in the Rig forum. This actually gets people talking and hopefully makes people understand that online means nothing from a competitive standpoint. I'd rather have one long thread about this rather than 20 locked threads about people thinking online wins have merit. We went through this back in the DOA4 days, it's a shame we have to do it again.

Also, it was the OP who started this conversation.
Honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of people online claiming to be the best, yet not bothering to show up offline. Look at me, this is my first DOA game and I do pretty good online and you don't see me bragging that I know anything about the game or that I am one of the best players. That's because I know that unless I go offline, all I'm doing is making baseless claims.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD