New DOA5 Balance Suggestion Thread.

DR2K

With a new version of DOA5 coming out the game is going to be altered by new characters, new moves, new stages, and all the other additions with a new expansion. I know Team Ninja watches this forum from time to time so hopefully they get a general idea from the whole community that has tested the game instead of a select few.

System, level design, and character changes are all welcome. Don't just suggest something, say why you think it needs to be altered.

Please be civil and respectful to all opinions in this thread no matter how MaxDrago they may be.

Bushido

I think it'd be pretty neat if you could customize costumes... Like have a default, mix and match, and change the color.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Things I want for Christie gameplay-wise.

1) 3k sitdown stun on CH, as originally intended for 1.03.
2) 7k to be a viable launcher with a damage buff significant enough to beat out wakeup kicks; greater frames of evasion to lows.
3) h+k string to revert back to it's previous recovery frames from ver. 1.00.

As for costumes, I want the long-overdue trenchcoat with an updated look. Something like this:

killer_to_killer_entry1_by_kicky.jpg

Tokkosho

Gameplay wise, I want Pai to have better launchers. She doesn't really have any decent mid kick launchers (BOK K is an exception) and her 1P is a bit meh for a high launcher

DR2K

Completely. Fucking. Destroy. Helena.

State some reasons.

I believe Helena needs to be realtered completely. Her vortex is dumb, but without it she has very little to work with.

Solutions for alter Helena's vortex.

Implement a new ground bounce mechanic from air juggle state. Handslap variants and BT 4pk cause a rejuggle for more damage. All PFT are gone.

Belinea

My opinion on Eliot:
  • Either increase the advantage on his parry by 3 frames so that :h:+:K: becomes guaranteed (and make it happen for both open and closed stance), or simply revert :9::K::K: to DOA4 status and have it be a 2-in1 NH launcher. Either option will make his parry that much more frightening, but the :9::K::K: one would not only give him a guaranteed launcher from parry (without them even having to adjust it in anyway), but would also give him another tool in general. The damage wouldn't be great, but I feel it would be fair.
  • Make :3::P:+:K: crush like it did in DOA4.
  • Make :6::P: 13 frames, instead of 14. Failing that, move :3_::P: to :3::3::P:, and move the current :3::3::P: to :3::3::K:. Either option would finally give Eliot a 13 frame mid attack when being forced to block.
  • Not particularly crucial, but I wouldn't mind if :P::P::2::P: was safe on hit.
That is seriously all I think he needs. He wouldn't be top tier by any stretch, but he would be in a much better position than he is now.

DontForkWitMe

-get rid of being able to move before the round starts. shit is stupid and gives the advantage to the faster poke happy characters. Its simple adjustment and shouldn't be hard to implement at all

-improve sidestepping. shit is still too inconsistent

-make stagger escaping more accessible/easier to do, i shouldn't have to rip the skin off my thumb just to escape stuns at fastest speed

-dont nerf anybody! simply buff the shit characters in some way where they have their own bullshit to counteract the good characters bullshit

-make Leon broken as shit

that is all

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Why get Helena so much hate? She is so much Fun to play!
It's funny you say that.

About nine years ago, I once had an affair with that girl. Even though it couldn't be helped since Christie wasn't around, I tried to have fun. But no matter how hard I tried, I felt dirty inside... defiled, if you will.

Never again.

MasterHavik

how about unholdables for everyone? they are mostly MIA in this game.

Stuff for Zack

-make his jab i9
-6pk unholdable
-Get rid of all his taunt strings....and add more ways to go into funky roll. He can a joke character without havign stupid taunt string.
-Make 7pH useful. How so? Make it -3 or -5 when blocked so i can still keep pressure.
-Make 6T +15 on adv
- Try to make he not super free to crushes.
-A parry wouldn't be a bad idea.
-Make 2p +2 on block and +1 on hit. This would make going into duck safer.
-Make it possible to get behind the opponent i.e. bring back 236PP
-66T should go back to 236T motion and become an OH.
-Adjust 33kp so it's possible to follow up with with 2kkkk
-Make all his launchers go higher on NH so all his enders can land properly.

that's all for now folks. Zack BEAM!!!!!:zack:

Reactions: d3v

Omegan Eckhart

Remove Helena's ability to blender and replace it with the ability to frame trap blocking opponents with her hand slaps. Make them +2 on block so she has the ability to play mind games with blocking opponents.

Every character should have some kind of frame traps built into there move set.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD