New Eliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliotMain001

I'm super hyped for the new Eliot. His new costume looks awesome, and from what people are saying he's going to be pretty strong now. I only have my reservations about Gen Fu's moves, I never liked playing as Gen Fu so I hope they're more of a situational combo extender rather than a core part of the kit. If it doesn't feel great I'll probably unfortunately switch to Kokoro or Jann Lee. I was always excited for Eliot to move on in his training, but I always expected and wanted it to be improving his own style rather than copying Gen's. To me, Xing Yi just suits Eliot much more than Liu He. Also, I don't understand at all why "my fists only get stronger with age" is now an Eliot victory quote, given the fact he's still only 18.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I'm super hyped for the new Eliot. His new costume looks awesome, and from what people are saying he's going to be pretty strong now. I only have my reservations about Gen Fu's moves, I never liked playing as Gen Fu so I hope they're more of a situational combo extender rather than a core part of the kit. If it doesn't feel great I'll probably unfortunately switch to Kokoro or Jann Lee. I was always excited for Eliot to move on in his training, but I always expected and wanted it to be improving his own style rather than copying Gen's. To me, Xing Yi just suits Eliot much more than Liu He. Also, I don't understand at all why "my fists only get stronger with age" is now an Eliot victory quote, given the fact he's still only 18.
clearly, gen fu's spirit is possessing Eliot's body the way Geralt gets possessed in the witcher 3 hearts of stone lol /s

XxNoriakixX

Is there any info regarding his changes, move lists and properties? Does he still have his (3)P? I am thinking about maining him now that papa Gen is gone, but Eliot forums are always ghost towns. I am a bit sick of maining Lei for over 20 years now, so gib info please lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Is there any info regarding his changes, move lists and properties? Does he still have his (3)P? I am thinking about maining him now that papa Gen is gone, but Eliot forums are always ghost towns. I am a bit sick of maining Lei for over 20 years now, so gib info please lol
He does iirc, here's some of his combos in DOA6 from Twitter:

It seems to still have the same type of refloat

EliotMain001

Well, I plan on making sure this one isn't a ghost town lol. IDC if I'm the only one here, I'll still be obsessed with Eliot and Xing Yi. I started maining him after I found out he was almost identical to me in every way, and he's the reason I started learning Xing Yi. It all depends on how good the changes feel when I finally get my hands on him as to whether I stay so enthusiastic I think. But to me Gen Fu always seemed incredibly slow and silly, and his moveset never seemed to have much variety.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well, I plan on making sure this one isn't a ghost town lol. IDC if I'm the only one here, I'll still be obsessed with Eliot and Xing Yi. I started maining him after I found out he was almost identical to me in every way, and he's the reason I started learning Xing Yi. It all depends on how good the changes feel when I finally get my hands on him as to whether I stay so enthusiastic I think. But to me Gen Fu always seemed incredibly slow and silly, and his moveset never seemed to have much variety.
He was really good in LR tho, I think he was the best character in the game on the tier list since he's pretty quick at CQC, has great low execution combo damage and guarantees, and overall didn't really really struggle xD I'm sure anyone who didn't know how to deal with him in LR is happy he's gone, but I hope Eliot plays more like him since they'll have a rude awakening xD

EliotMain001

He was really good in LR tho, I think he was the best character in the game on the tier list since he's pretty quick at CQC, has great low execution combo damage and guarantees, and overall didn't really really struggle xD I'm sure anyone who didn't know how to deal with him in LR is happy he's gone, but I hope Eliot plays more like him since they'll have a rude awakening xD
I don't deny he was strong, but I never liked playing as him. Could deal with him easy enough though. I'm hoping Eliot doesn't play similarly for the same reason you hope he does lol, I'm gonna have an unpleasant time with him if he does.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't deny he was strong, but I never liked playing as him. Could deal with him easy enough though. I'm hoping Eliot doesn't play similarly for the same reason you hope he does lol, I'm gonna have an unpleasant time with him if he does.
I think for the most part he's unchanged but he has a couple of Gen fus attacks from his new "Bear" stance so you can use certain Gen attacks from it although I hope it's a raw stance too. He also has Gen Fu's air grab as well too and When gen did it, it guaranteed his 11i neutral kick attack. Eliot is 10/14/15 in punch frames so I don't think he'll get much special guarantees besides 7P which is his one 9 frame jab xD

EliotMain001

I think for the most part he's unchanged but he has a couple of Gen fus attacks from his new "Bear" stance so you can use certain Gen attacks from it although I hope it's a raw stance too. He also has Gen Fu's air grab as well too and When gen did it, it guaranteed his 11i neutral kick attack. Eliot is 10/14/15 in punch frames so I don't think he'll get much special guarantees besides 7P which is his one 9 frame jab xD
He's never needed guarantees before, and he always feels much faster than he actually is, so I expect people will still fall for the same tricks

Einzelkind

My first task will be looking for juggles that don't involve 50 :3_::P:s since I will probably suck at doing them on the ps4 controller just as much as I did when I was still playing on xbox. He seems like he's still a lot of work in doa6, maybe even more so than before with the new stance, but it looks like it'll be worth it.

EliotMain001

My first task will be looking for juggles that don't involve 50 :3_::P:s since I will probably suck at doing them on the ps4 controller just as much as I did when I was still playing on xbox. He seems like he's still a lot of work in doa6, maybe even more so than before with the new stance, but it looks like it'll be worth it.
I don't think his air juggles have ever been great. I've always preferred to use him the same way I use Jann Lee: stun juggling.

iThe Apprentice

His air juggles are fantastic. High damage, potential to OKI, simple to understand (Hard to execute correctly). He also could set up his opponent for a lot of force tech situations which he won't have in 6 because there are no force techs in the game.

U_C_A_F

After labbing Eliot in 6 beta demo after not playing a DOA since DOA5 Vanilla he seems vastly improved. The loss of stagger escapes alone is a huge buff for him since he relies heavily on the stun system while having easily escapable stuns back in DOA5, now people have no choice but to risk holds when he opens you up. I haven't noticed a single nerf for him other than his dragon kick being a negative guardbreak again after they buffed it to be plus on block in LR which ain't really shit compared to the heavy nerfs other characters got and that fact that all his other guardbreaks are plus so it more than evens out.

His bear stance is a total game changer and enhances his already amazing mixup game, if you already had trouble doing his refloats consistently this stance makes his already high execution even higher since you have to stance cancel in and out of it to do his optimal combos since doing his basic DOA5 combos do less damage in 6 so utilizing his genfu strings on top of his own are a must.

Toby

Was anyone able to consistently get Gen Fu's 1P out from bear stance? He can do 2K from bear but it's negative on normal hit unlike the former which resets to 0.

U_C_A_F

Was anyone able to consistently get Gen Fu's 1P out from bear stance? He can do 2K from bear but it's negative on normal hit unlike the former which resets to 0.

I've accidentally did it a couple of times but it doesn't even show up on his command list along with his other bear stance stuff like being able to cancel into it from his P+K, P+KPP, and F,F,P,P also theirs a damage scaling bug where doing more than 3 refloats in a combo doesn't give any extra damage over doing just 3 refloats so players aren't even rewarded for doing harder/longer combos, hopefully its fixed in the retail version.

iThe Apprentice

I can hit it consistently. It's weird though because it has to be 1framed let's hope that's not the case in the full release.

It goes as follows

It's hardest off of straight bear stance
Easiest way is (From what I've found) is :P+K::4:i:2_::P:
This move requires commitment to do. It's +0 on NH and +4 on CH and HCH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD