New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

31gma

Haven't introduced myself yet, I started playing with DOA2 on PS2 but had to rely on my buddy's Xbox from DOA 3 to DOA2U until my interest waned. Years went by and I became primarily a PC gamer and after Steam announced that Last Round was going on PC, it rekindled my interest once more. Even though I played Tekken more, DOA is my favorite 3d fighter.

Godwin

Hello everyone!

I am new here and new to DOA. I have never played any DOA game and only vaguely recall ever hearing about DOA Volleyball or something.
I have been playing fighting games for a long time though, it started with Street Fighter II on my mega drive, which I played a lot.
Nothing special about it, I played it with friends occasionally but mostly the arcade over and over again (I knew no one near me who really liked it the way I did). I also played Eternal Champions, if people still remember that.

Then I went to college and never bought a console again, so fighting games kind of passed by me. Until Street Fighter IV which easily and quickly rekindled my love for it.
Always playing on the PC, I have since played SSFIV, USIV, KOF XIII, Skullgirls, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice. I've dabbled a tiny bit (might be more someday) in Guilty Gear X2 #Reload and own Blazblue Calamity Trigger but haven't gotten into it yet.

I learned of DOA by seeing it announced as pre-order on steam, and I was immediately intrigued. The fighting system with Holds, Throws, Strikes seems really interesting and I cannot get over the animations. The different ways the characters counter each other is just amazing to watch, it looks really good. Having practiced Kung Fu it's also really great to recognize some stances and moves from performing them myself.
Since learning of the game I have watched about every tournament I have found online of DOA5, and I am sad I don't have more to watch.
Just today I encountered Emperor Cow's Tutorials and I've been watching that.

I am in love with the game and cannot wait for it to come out. I have not been this hyped for a game in a looong time :)

I will probably never become a good player, but I'll still strive to be (will be hard with the limited amount of time I'll be able to put into it).
I am toying with the idea of organising smalltime tournaments or get-togethers to be able to practice and fight with others in the Netherlands.

Best regards,
Godwin

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hello everyone!

I am new here and new to DOA. I have never played any DOA game and only vaguely recall ever hearing about DOA Volleyball or something.
I have been playing fighting games for a long time though, it started with Street Fighter II on my mega drive, which I played a lot.
Nothing special about it, I played it with friends occasionally but mostly the arcade over and over again (I knew no one near me who really liked it the way I did). I also played Eternal Champions, if people still remember that.

Then I went to college and never bought a console again, so fighting games kind of passed by me. Until Street Fighter IV which easily and quickly rekindled my love for it.
Always playing on the PC, I have since played SSFIV, USIV, KOF XIII, Skullgirls, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice. I've dabbled a tiny bit (might be more someday) in Guilty Gear X2 #Reload and own Blazblue Calamity Trigger but haven't gotten into it yet.

I learned of DOA by seeing it announced as pre-order on steam, and I was immediately intrigued. The fighting system with Holds, Throws, Strikes seems really interesting and I cannot get over the animations. The different ways the characters counter each other is just amazing to watch, it looks really good. Having practiced Kung Fu it's also really great to recognize some stances and moves from performing them myself.
Since learning of the game I have watched about every tournament I have found online of DOA5, and I am sad I don't have more to watch.
Just today I encountered Emperor Cow's Tutorials and I've been watching that.

I am in love with the game and cannot wait for it to come out. I have not been this hyped for a game in a looong time :)

I will probably never become a good player, but I'll still strive to be (will be hard with the limited amount of time I'll be able to put into it).
I am toying with the idea of organising smalltime tournaments or get-togethers to be able to practice and fight with others in the Netherlands.

Best regards,
Godwin

@Gehaktbal

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa-the-netherlands.4682/

Marv1990

hey guys,
I'm new here too. I'm a big fighting game fan from Berlin. DOA2 was one of my first video games and ever since I'm a big fan of the
series; my favourite character is Hitomi, but I'm slightely better with Ayane and much better with Nyotengu :)
I'm also a fan of Tekken, but I'm not really good at it, only with Lili my skills are acceptable haha :)

angelkait

Hi everyone ;)

My name is Kaitlin and I'm new here. I've lurked forever and I thought it was finally time to join..

my first DOA was DOA2 on my stepdads dream cast and I've loved the series ever since!

I'm always trying to improve and hope to meet nice people along the way who love playing this game as much as I do.

gamemaster14

For those of you who have never heard of me (which is probably many), I call myself Gamemaster 14. I like console, arcade and pc games, plus all kinds of gaming related stuff. I more recently (past couple years) got into real arcade hardware and have acquired quite a few pieces of it. On my Youtube channel I show off my latest purchases, do videos on arcade games, and all kind of other gaming related topics. Take a look and see what you think:

Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/gamemaster14neo

Latest Video Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition:

Previous Video: Dead or Alive 5 Playstation 3:

Any comments are welcome.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Merged to the introductions thread. You can use your status to advertise your vids and if you like though.

Endymion

Hi, I'm Endy. I just started playing DOA5U when it was gifted to me for Christmas. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I'm looking forward to Last Round. I had no idea the site existed until I saw the Last Round preview video on YT. Great site, and my goal is to keep learning more about the game.

WhiteAngelus

I've been lurking around the forums quite some time. I decided to join the DOA community. I'm not new to the DOA series. Dead or Alive 2 was my first DOA game, and Lei Fang is my favorite character. I also looked at the changes for DOA5 Last Round. Nyotengu got some significant buffs, and I just picked her up a few days ago, and I fell in love with her!

Now to let get to know me! I'm WhiteAngelus! I can also go by Keita-Kata as well! I'm an all around fighting game player. I mostly play Tekken, Arcana Heart, Darkstalkers, and Marvel. I enjoy drawing, Photoshop, manga, and watching anime.

Most of all, I'm a huge Morrigan Aensland fan! She's my baby girl! I main her in every game she has appeared in~

Shinko Li

I'm not necessarily new, but I auditing alot on this site for some time. I haven't been necessarily social so I'll reintroducw myzelf. My name is Shinko my mains are Pai and Jann Lee. My GT: Is SexySpaghettiNY , perhaps you have matched up with me before? I'm looking for friends and people to play doa with. I have a hard time being social with this community for some reason. Perhaps it is because I haven't put as much effort before. But I'm willing to now ofc. ^_^

Minatao

Hey there! I like to consider myself a casual player, better than your average button masher, but still needing a lot of polish. I've become more competitive more recently and have been trying to practice enough to feel comfortable in a competitive enviornment but I tend to get a lot of hate simply due to my choice of character, (there's a lot of kasumi hate out there)

Heavenly_Eyes

Hello everyone :3 .
My name is Heavenly_Eyes and I'm kind of new to fighting game in general. I usually play RPGs and most action shooting games, but I been meaning to pick up a fighting game. I don't know much about Dead or alive since I was really young when I player DOA2. I hope that I can be able to meet some nice people and just have fun learning how to play DOA.

Koenji

Standard Donor
Hey guys!

I am SirDirty and I mostly play fighting games and japanese imports. I started playing DOA4 back in 2012 and I love it for the simple fact you can just knock enemies through doors, through floors and downstairs. It was a very beautiful fighting for a 2006 game, back then howerver. I didn't know how to play any fighting games.

Now, i've gotten better. Im training on DOA5:LR on the PS4 and have majorly improved from when I first started back in 2006, in other fighting games to like SOULCALIBUR and TEKKEN. I'm a quiet person most of the time but if something awesome is happening, I become hype, haha. If any of you have DOA5LR on the PS4 and doesn't mind assisting me on becoming a better fighter you can add me from my PSN name.

Minatao

Hello everyone :3 .
My name is Heavenly_Eyes and I'm kind of new to fighting game in general. I usually play RPGs and most action shooting games, but I been meaning to pick up a fighting game. I don't know much about Dead or alive since I was really young when I player DOA2. I hope that I can be able to meet some nice people and just have fun learning how to play DOA.
You'll find that it's actually a really cool community here. Lot of god players to show you the ropes. I'm not exactly the world's best player, but if you ever want a quick sparring match hit me up. ^^ i'm all for some friendly matchups.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD