New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Boodendorf

Hey there, I'm Boodendorf from SRK, Youtube and GFaqs, I've never really played seriously DoA since I only had DoA2 when I was a kid on ps2 and pretty much had fun all day doing random stuff, I've had plenty of good memories about the game though, especially the ost (every char's theme was amazing and I still remember them up to this day.), so I decided to get myself the collector edition of DoA5 today and start playing it a bit more seriously. I remember playing Ein all day when I was on DoA2, but since he isn't here anymore, I'm maining the other character I played when I was playing Tag team: Jann Lee. Just did a bit of story mode up to Hayabusa's chapter, did arcade and time attack to get a few costumes, went to training mode a bit to see the moves of my character and tomorrow I'll go on ranked on the PSN, hopefully, I won't do too badly lol.

I'll record ranked matches and will put them on my YT channel because I'll probably need criticisme (however you write that word, I'll never get it right) to get better.

Supersonic

Hey every1. not that many, if any, people will read this, but i have been a fan of DOA for quite some time now [since about DOA2]. though i have never decided to truly seek out the competative scene till now. i am REALLY far behind on the curve, and i know that it will prolly be years till i can hold a candle to any of you guys, but my love for the series is strong so i thought i may as well give it a shot. with that said, i hope we can become friends/rivals down the road. till then, keep fightin'

XV MR ARMANI

Wassup everyone, I have been playing Tekken all my life and I decided to take it seriously when 6 came out. (I'm one of the OG people that started on Tekken 6 for Xbox) I do have TTT2 lol, and I do think I'm pretty good at the game. I used to play Soul Calibur V also, but that game is garbage to me now.

Well, other than that, I was pulled in by DOA5's design revamp. These graphics are GORGEOUS and the mechanics are more intuitive than Tekken I must say. It will probably be a while before I can at least win a match against you guys but I'm open to learn this game in and out. I knew of DOA and I did play it, but only for button mashing lol. Everything is really deep and the possibilities are endless, and the Triangle System is amazing, the list goes on.

This community is great by the way, I migrated from 8WR and a good majority of the people there were idiots. Point blank.. and I know some other users came to this site as well. It's mad different over here and I like that, thanks for this good experience lol.

Long live DOA!! *raises pimp juice* ;)

Autobot

Greetings, everyone. My main fighting game background is Street Fighter, but I've been playing the DOA series since the PS1. And I even love the XBV series as well. To be honest, I play Tina 98% of the time and I'm barely adequate. With the launch of DOA5, I'm going to try and get more series about it. I found this site to be really informative and friendly and plan to stop by more often. Hopefully I can learn some things from the Tina masters here. Maybe I'll see you online.

Kaiser Wiggly

Hi there one 'n all! I'm a big fan of fighting games generally, and for some reason DoA's always been among my favourite. I've been playing since day one as Bass (cause he's the embodied marriage of 80's American Strong Style and Japanese Puro - and that makes him the best) and still haven't gotten any better; so I thought I'd come here and harass all of you into revealing your tricks and secrets to shamelessly rip them all off and later claim them as my own.

If you want to examine my innovative fighting style, which incorporates both fleeing and apologising, you can find me on the 360 as Kaiser Wiggly.

I'm looking very much forward to bantering with the lot of you as this appears to be a surprisingly friendly community, as though my time here's been brief, I haven't seen as much elitist douchbaggery that I'm used to among fighting game fans. Good job!

Snipa

Hello, My name is Snipa and im a UK DOA player.

Ive been playing DOA since its release and once DOAU2 came out on XBOX i had to get it to play online.
Then moved to 4 and now onto 5, i have only played competitively online due to my age and income when DOAU2 and 4 was released i was only 13/14 and now 21.

Back then i was known on XBL as either, Reyes1904,Quickshot Snipa or FG Snipa.. lots of other names with Snipa in aswell haha.

I played U2 and 4 practically everyday after school and weekends so im sure a few of you guys would of seen me around.

Ryu Hayabusa and Jann Lee user but on U2/4 could random everyone.
Not so comfortable with 5 as having to re-learn the game after so many years but ill get there.

Looking to start LANS with this game, starting in the UK at possibly Super Vs Battle from Neo Empire then what ever else come along... maybe going abroad for a few events depending on finances etc.

Anyway, any players want to play on PS3 add me SnipaTM and im more than happy to play. I do have a headset so happy to talk strats or just have a friendly chat.

Hope to see a few online.

Marc

Greetings and salutations, my name is Marc, I love all fighting games [just about] ...and I've been awaiting DOA5 for too long after playing these other fighters and getting bored and annoyed lol So I discovered this forum from a friend, and im looking to meet some friendly, sociable peeps. I am a die hard Helena fan and a Lisa lover. So ya...hope to meet some people. Im always down to play ..im online alot.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Greetings and salutations, my name is Marc, I love all fighting games [just about] ...and I've been awaiting DOA5 for too long after playing these other fighters and getting bored and annoyed lol So I discovered this forum from a friend, and im looking to meet some friendly, sociable peeps. I am a die hard Helena fan and a Lisa lover. So ya...hope to meet some people. Im always down to play ..im online alot.
a fellow lisa lover? awesome :D

Hakeo

Hey everyone, I've just recently entered the fighting scene (No tournament experience) and just really liking the community. I started with SSF4 and played DoA awhile back, really liked Ultimate but really never went too much into it..just really played casually. Now since DoA 5 is out I'd like to actually study about frame data and understand the mechanics of the game.
One quick question though, I see people write out.. something like this..what does it mean? 46H 33P, etc.
Is there a legend I can find on here that shows what these all mean? I'm assuming the numbers are directional? And the letters means Hold, Punch, etc.? I just don't know which number goes where.
I play on Xbox (Ryasai) if anyone wants to help me get better. Thanks.

DigitalNinjaLee

Hey what's going on? I have always played fighting games, but never REALLY got into ones until more recently. I have played DOA since 2 on the Dreamcast and have played every console iteration since (no Dimensions). My only other experience with fighting games (besides DOA) is Guilty Gear XX #Reload and Blazblue CT and CS. With the recent release of DOA5, I have found that I really want to get good at this one. I was a casual player on DOA Ultimate and 4, but now I really want to get the moves, combos, switch-ups, etc. down. My main is Hitomi, but I eventually would like to learn Sarah and Jann Lee's stuff. I've been peeking at some of the posts here recently and I have found that it really helps the combo game.
See you online
GT: DigitalNinjaLee

Autobot

Hey everyone, I've just recently entered the fighting scene (No tournament experience) and just really liking the community. I started with SSF4 and played DoA awhile back, really liked Ultimate but really never went too much into it..just really played casually. Now since DoA 5 is out I'd like to actually study about frame data and understand the mechanics of the game.
One quick question though, I see people write out.. something like this..what does it mean? 46H 33P, etc.
Is there a legend I can find on here that shows what these all mean? I'm assuming the numbers are directional? And the letters means Hold, Punch, etc.? I just don't know which number goes where.
I play on Xbox (Ryasai) if anyone wants to help me get better. Thanks.

Hey Hakeo, I believe this is what you're looking for:

(As I'm new here myself, I'm not sure what the protocol for posting links are, so apologies in advance)

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1995-notation-legend/

ninjaguy446

Hello everyone. I'm Ninjaguy446, from mainly 8wayrun, but I'm also on Tekkenzaibatsu every now and then. I love Helena, as she is my main. Kasumi is my secondary. I picked up this game last Wednesday and I gotta say, I love it to death. It's beautiful and the mechanics are fun. Uh, well that's it basically. lol I'm on the PS3 by the way.

Kyosuke_Sanada

Hee- ho! The name's Kyosuke_Sanada, newcomer to the Dead Or Alive Series. I was introduced to the series a few months ago by my friend/bro "The True Mask" (that's what I will him label him as for now XP) while playing Tekken 6 and naturally an argument between the two ensued. As rumours from both sides got debunked as we played the two (with some still being held in discussion) , I fell in love with Dead Or Alive IV because it was the game he recommended I should dissect first. Now he brings all of the other DOA titles to my apartment, in random order I might add, to play against each other almost daily so I can get the feel of the combat.

We are now playing Dead or Alive V together which feels new to both of use because I still feel like a fledgling to the series (mainly because I can't play either unless he comes over) and to him due to the change in counters and move lists. My main characters were Leon and Ein, but seeing that they were removed in DOA 5, I gravitated to Bayman (nick named "THE Bayman"), Rig, Akira, Pai-chan and La Mariposa. I want to learn to play the others as well but until my copy comes in this Friday I can only dabble in with the above who I have grown quite attached to.

"The True Mask" visits this site all the time so this how I ran into it and the community doesn't appear to be hostile so I think I'll stay here for a while. Hoping to have fun here and in the virtual ring when I can.. XP

Ooobe

Helloooo :) Welcome everyone. Wow have I missed a lot of posts.
@ Supersonic - I think you might be surprised at how many people actually do read this thread.

Welcome all new players.

Hope your stay here is educational and enjoyable.

What he said.

Cheribam J

Greetings.

I'm a French DOA fan, pretty active on the French community (such as the French DOA forum Hi-Counter ) and member of DOAWorld. I'm also a huge fan of VS fighting games in general (Tekken, VF, MK, KOF, SF, SC,...).

I came here in order to vote YES (of course) to the petition about Leon's come back, but I'm glad, because I'll have the opportunity to explore FSD and to take part in some conversations.

My fav characters are Leon, Ein and Tengu. My main characters are... well, actually I haven't decided yet; since my very favorite characters are not in, I'm having trouble choosing between Akira, Bass, and some others that I considered playing.

I'm a PS3 player. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

BlasianBorn

Hello everyone. Joined FSD a couple weeks ago but I'm just now introducing myself.
I am not new to the DOA series at all and I'm from the U.S. I've played DOA2,DOA3,DOA4, and now currently DOA5. I consider myself in between the hardcore/competitive and the casual player.
I've played all types of games my entire life and have probably played almost every known fighting game title and I consider myself above average when it comes to adapting to different fighting games. (I sadly lost interest in 2D fighting games though:\)
My main is Eliot in DOA5 and trying to learn Mila so she can be my secondary.

If anyone plays Soul Calibur V (which I consider myself pretty good at) my main is Yoshimitsu and my secondary is ZWEI. If you want to play or add me on XBL sometime feel free to send a request. My GT is my name. :p

I look forward to being in this community. ^^

Ace Flibble

I'm no good at intro posts, but I always feel I should try ^

I've been playing DOA since the very first game in the arcades (oddly enough, it's the only arcade machine I have ever used, probably explaining why I can't even do basic strings with an arcade stick but have no problem doing really complex stuff on a pad), when I was about 11 or so. I fell in love with DOA because it was the first fighting game to feature a female character that used a slower heavy strike/grappling style and I've been using Tina ever since. DOA's become not just one of my favourite games, and not even just a system-seller for me, but I go so far as to buy a new TV and new controllers whenever a DOA game comes out. It's my absolute favourite way to waste time.
It's only now with DOA5 that I've actually bothered to start looking up how to play 'properly' though, since DOA4's online community seemed too negative for me to want to bother with and DOA1-3 I only ever played with friends. So even though I've been playing since the series began and love it to death, I'm pretty bad and only winning about 1/6 of my matches! Hopefully that'll change after studying and practising properly with y'all. I'm also trying to learn how to use Helena better at the same time, since I love how her fighting style looks but I've always been useless with her since DOA2.

360 GT's Ace Flibble, would love to practise with anybody else in the UK. I intend to get the PS3 version of DOA5 too, once there's a price drop on that.

CrimsonCJ

Dropping in to say hello for the first time. This would be the first time I've actually decided to join a fighting game community in any sense; I am fully expecting to be eaten alive.

Anyway! I've been playing DOA since 4, now delving into 5. I'm actually not that good and I'm relatively unstudied, but I play a decent amount of online matches, probably more than I should. (I even split doing basic tasks of life with matches). If you play in the PSN ranked matches, there's a good chance we've played. I can also be very PSN message friendly in general.

I'm a skeptic and never an unconditional fan, but I promise I'll mostly keep that to myself. I at least promise not to attempt truly bogus analysis, because my instinct is still to look at numbers next to letters and at first think "who presses the punch button nine times?" I play Helena probably a little worse than most who play her online, but she usually gets the wins for me. I occasionally use other characters, with mixed to haphazard results.

But, yeah! Always up for a PSN friend request. I also have a 360 and do plan on playing there, but I need to steal it back from my brother who lives across the state border. I don't really play with anyone here local in Reno, but I'm hoping to change that when I theoretically move in the near-ish future.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD