Newbie to Advanced Player guide.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I deleted the Pros and cons, i think players themselves should look it up.

I suspect that you're taking our advice and criticism the wrong way. If something is not-polished, we don't mean to eliminate it outright, we just want you to improve upon it. There's A LOT of things that can be fixed up in the guide. It's better to touch it up and fix it as opposed to purging it.

Dark-truth

I suspect that you're taking our advice and criticism the wrong way. If something is not-polished, we don't mean to eliminate it outright, we just want you to improve upon it. There's A LOT of things that can be fixed up in the guide. It's better to touch it up and fix it as opposed to purging it.
i didn't really took it the wrong way, I just thought it was useless considering the fact that the character forums should go over the pros and cons of the characters and not a player guide,that's here to help new player to understand the mechanics of the game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It might be better to go for a simplistic route with characters that you already use. Pros and Cons can vary since it's more of an inheritance in a character but not a definite weakness to all their problems.

For example, I think Bass is not very good against Sarah...as well as Leon's neutral is poor to go against Kasumi and Christie, though it is not the end of the world for them since one read from those slow characters can change the tide in an instant because of good holding or throw damage. DOA's balance is completely different for most fighters that there is potential to make comebacks due to the system in play (such as holding) that can eliminate momentum right away. A Bass player can sit there holding block and respecting Sarah's jab and i11 mid, but if Bass sees those highs and mid coming to hold it, he's scoring damage from reads.

Pros & Cons in general is too much of a hassle to deal with since the entire roster (minus Alpha) has access to a hold system, not to mention that DOA doesn't have a proper throw break system either so it's really hard to think for such cases. If DOA was played like Tekken, I'm sure the tier list would be vastly different and may even hold a general Pros & Cons thread, though even Tekken is hard with those too because their roster is huge.

Last edited:

Dark-truth

It might be better to go for a simplistic route with characters that you already use. Pros and Cons can vary since it's more of an inheritance in a character but not a definite weakness to all their problems.

For example, I think Bass is not very good against Sarah...as well as Leon's neutral is poor to go against Kasumi and Christie, though it is not the end of the world for them since one read from those slow characters can change the tide in an instant because of good holding or throw damage. DOA's balance is completely different for most fighters that there is potential to make comebacks due to the system in play (such as holding) that can eliminate momentum right away. A Bass player can sit there holding block and respecting Sarah's jab and i11 mid, but if Bass sees those highs and mid coming to hold it, he's scoring damage from reads.

Pros & Cons in general is too much of a hassle to deal with since the entire roster (minus Alpha) has access to a hold system that doesn't have a proper throw break system either. If DOA was played like Tekken, I'm sure the tier list would be vastly different and may even hold a general Pros & Cons thread.
I really have to thank you for this, I always thought that if I had the general pros and cons I would know enough to take them out but I guess that's not it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD