No counter out of block?

Darrell

Not in general, but I noticed during training mode, there were some strings I could counter from block. Not exactly sure on the notation, but I think it was Rig's :K::K: forward :K:Which ends in mid. I could not counter it from block at all. What is the rule to not being able to hold from block?

Echo01

I've experienced this too, and with that same string. Had a Rig player going in on me with it and my holds just weren't coming out. Perhaps that string deals heavy blockstun which means the hold timing has to be more precise? I'm not sure...

Mila

I'm a beginner, so I think it's just me, but I had a lot of trouble against a Hayabusa that kept pressuring me. I couldn't block no matter what and when I did I got knocked back and he just started going HAM on me :|

Sett

Been in training and you cant hold the 3rd kick if you blocked the 2nd one but you can hold the 3rd if you get hit by the second one. lol (Regarding Riggs KK6K)
If someone is spamming it you can duck the 2nd kick though.

Mila

I just beat the crap out of a Rig and a Hayabusa. As opposed to before I can recognize certain patterns finally and I know what works, and when to hit someone with a low.

Keylay

Not in general, but I noticed during training mode, there were some strings I could counter from block. Not exactly sure on the notation, but I think it was Rig's :K::K: forward :K:Which ends in mid. I could not counter it from block at all. What is the rule to not being able to hold from block?

Rig is left at a frame advantage after the second kick so that he can go into his stance. So pretty much the block stun lasts too long for you to counter his third kick unless he delays the third kick.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD