DOA5LR No Last Round for PlayStation 3 in Europe

Rapham0n

So it appears that the PlayStation 3 version of Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round is not available in Europe after all. On the European PlayStation Store you can download Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round for the PlayStation 4, and you can also download the catalog data. For the PlayStation 3 however there is nothing on the European PlayStation store at all. No Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round, no catalog data, nothing.

The only way to get Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round on the PlayStation 3 in Europe is if you buy Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate and then use the free online patch to upgrade your game to Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round. The standalone Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round is not available at all. Also, upgrading your Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate to Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round through the patch does not give you the ability to use Honoka. In order to use her you need to purchase the character and/or download DOA5LR catalog data 2, but none of the DOA5LR stuff is available for the PlayStation 3. Only the PlayStation 4 has access to this stuff.

So far Team Ninja have made no comments about this problem at all. Right now it seems like Europe isn't going to get this stuff for the PlayStation 3. I can only imagine this is yet another screw up on the part of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE). I really think an investigation should be done into SCEE, because these people are not doing their job at all.

I'm hoping we can get some input from Team Ninja about the situation. And I think it would only be fair if we get some free DLC to compensate for this inconvenience. After all America is getting free DLC because their game got delayed due to a screw up on PSN. Well, now Last Round has been delayed on the PS3 in Europe because of a screw up on PSN. If you go to the European PS STORE right now you will see nothing for PS3 DOA5LR.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Although I do see Dead or Alive 5 Last Round with Bonus on US PSN, I do remember it not being available at initial release along with the Character DLC. It took about a day for it to appear. It's possible that in the next day or two it will appear on the store. If not I suggest reaching out to KoeiTecmo Europe on their Twitter.

squarewindow

Standard Donor
Although I do see Dead or Alive 5 Last

Round with Bonus on US PSN, I do remember it not being available at initial release along with the Character DLC. It took about a day for it to appear. It's possible that in the next day or two it will appear on the store. If not I suggest reaching out to KoeiTecmo Europe on their Twitter.
Wah, while I have no doubt that your advice is intended to help, unfortunately I suspect you have no idea of the level of SCEE's ineptitude, more information on which can be found in this thread: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/psn-europe-ps4-and-doa5lr-when.5379/

They have simply fucked up majorly, as per usual.

Let me be entirely clear that the problems lie at SCEE's door. KT Europe and TN I would say are almost blameless (other than seemingly being not concerned enough that SCEE are messing up the distribution of their games).

In fact, I think it's time to post the following, an exchange I had with the official DOA Facebook page last year, in regard to the Summer Sale never appearing on the EU PSN:

SCEEfailure_zps75d8c3cb.jpg

The sale never happened.

Marv1990

it's always the same crap in Europe! I updatet my DOA5U today to LR (because I had to) and ofc in the store, no Honoka, no Raidou, no nothing. And the store (in Germany at least) is a mess! Even if there was Honoka, it would take 2 years to find the download.
Besides that, the update "reset" basically everything! character usage percentage, battle statistics, and all modes, it was such a pain in the @ss to do Hayates training, and all the combo challenges. It only left the titles and the costumes of DOA5U. Such a frustration, just to see Nyos boobs in a copied maid costume?? No thanks! Sorry but imho they really f*cked up with LR!

UpSideDownGRUNT

Besides that, the update "reset" basically everything! character usage percentage, battle statistics, and all modes, it was such a pain in the @ss to do Hayates training, and all the combo challenges. It only left the titles and the costumes of DOA5U. Such a frustration, just to see Nyos boobs in a copied maid costume?? No thanks! Sorry but imho they really f*cked up with LR!
If you think about it, this makes sense this isn't Ultimate anymore, some things were added and system changes were added. It's a whole new game you're almost getting for free here, you should really expect that some stuff like command training wouldnt carry over because characters got new moves and move properties.

TN added new combos to the combo challenges and added new commands etc. for command training, so that explains why command and combo challenges reset and ranks reset because TN added new ranks. (LR, U- and U+)

Last edited:

Marv1990

If you think about it, this makes sense this isn't Ultimate anymore, some things were added and system changes were added. It's a whole new game you're almost getting for free here, you should really expect that some stuff like command training wouldnt carry over because characters got new moves and move properties.

TN added new combos to the combo challenges and added new commands etc. for command training, so that explains why command and combo challenges reset and ranks reset because TN added new ranks. (LR, U- and U+)
that's the problem. Because for me it isn't a whole new game. The only really new things are a few costumes, and new tag moves. Adding a few new commands is not a reason to delete everything, especially because I didn't have a choice. I had to install the update. But I don't have Raidou, I don't have Honoka, and new hairstyles and new stages I will never have anyway

UpSideDownGRUNT

that's the problem. Because for me it isn't a whole new game. The only really new things are a few costumes, and new tag moves. Adding a few new commands is not a reason to delete everything, especially because I didn't have a choice. I had to install the update. But I don't have Raidou, I don't have Honoka, and new hairstyles and new stages I will never have anyway
Adding new commands IS a reason to reset everything though, TN can't add new moves and not add them into command training and in order to that it wouldn't be possible to carry over the progress for that training because it's no the same training anymore.

And personally I don't see why you wouldn't want to turn the game into Last Round, you get new costumes (which btw were originally meant to be paid DLC), new moves and balance changes (a whole new plus for most memebers here on FSD), and updated mechanics and online. Raidou and Honoka are just Icing on the cake (as for the whole not being available thing give it a day or two Honoka and Raidou wasn't on US PSN store until like wednesday or thursday).

At this point it sounds like you're complaining about TN giving you new content and LR for free when it could have easily been XB1/PS4 exclusive or retail only on PS3/360

Reactions: d3v

Marv1990

Adding new commands IS a reason to reset everything though, TN can't add new moves and not add them into command training and in order to that it wouldn't be possible to carry over the progress for that training because it's no the same training anymore.

And personally I don't see why you wouldn't want to turn the game into Last Round, you get new costumes (which btw were originally meant to be paid DLC), new moves and balance changes (a whole new plus for most memebers here on FSD), and updated mechanics and online. Raidou and Honoka are just Icing on the cake (as for the whole not being available thing give it a day or two Honoka and Raidou wasn't on US PSN store until like wednesday or thursday).

At this point it sounds like you're complaining about TN giving you new content and LR for free when it could have easily been XB1/PS4 exclusive or retail only on PS3/360
Why is it not possible to add new commands but keep everything I made before? so instead of 100% cleared it'd be 98% or something but not 0% for everything. Also the titles like "use Nyotengu 1000 times". Getting DOA5U was my choice, I paid for it so it was ok everything was set to 0, but not now. And I personally don't get the fuss about costumes, 15 outfits for each character would be totally fine imo.
And please remember that before DOA5 was released they said that they would not charge money for new characters, so everyone has equal chances...but again the money won!

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I want my DLC content. Where is it?

Why do I have to wait half a week to get the content for an updated game from a week before?

Corza

Standard Donor
I tweeted at TN every day for like 4 days, but they kept ignoring it. They finally posted that they're aware of the missing content in the EU store for PS3. I thought it'd be fixed today, since it's Wednesday and that's when they update the store. But no... It's hilarious how PS4 have the ninja DLC and we're still waiting for the characters...

Marv1990

It's even more hilarious that basically every edition of the game has problems, especially the Xbox One version with the corrupted data, and they have nothing better to do thatn promote a new DLC (which is again just a recolored version of Phase 4s outfit).
Instead of being a little bit human and just say "sorry guys for all the mess, we'll make this DLC for free!"

The Enforcer

Any money spent on the game is not a magic wand that will fix the game... Team Ninja is aware of the problems and working on them. Just because they didn't get back to you doesn't mean they don't know. They still have to find the issue, fix it, test it, get it certified, release it. That doesn't happen in 20 minutes.

#RealityCheck

Corza

Standard Donor
Honestly, I couldn't care less about free DLC. Just give me a game that I can play without problems.

Marv1990

what can be so difficult about uploading content to the PS Store??
Any money spent on the game is not a magic wand that will fix the game... Team Ninja is aware of the problems and working on them. Just because they didn't get back to you doesn't mean they don't know. They still have to find the issue, fix it, test it, get it certified, release it. That doesn't happen in 20 minutes.

#RealityCheck
Maybe for the Xbox One-version that's true. But what can be so hard about uploading content to the PS Store?? It has nothing to do with issues and finding them. Honoka and Raidou are in the game already as opponents, everything is working fine with them. It is just about uploading "the ting" to the store, that would unlock them. I mean it is nothing new that we get our content delayed here in Europe, but now it's just so much at once so everyone is showing their frustration. And it is good like that imo, cause it is unprofessional what they are doing and we are paying for it, with money, our time and our nerves

Akumasama

It came out finally. Downloaded it, around 10 gb.
When I start it the only option that's available to me is Combat and Training, with only 4 characters.
Everything else is locked and if I try to select it I get the message "option is still installing" which makes no sense since the installation is complete.

Of course I'm talking aobut the 39€ full game, not Core Fighters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD