[Nov 10, 2012] DOA5,VF5:FS Side Tournaments -- Tension Pulse 2012, Columbus... (Columbus, GA)

BLACKSTAR

Tension Pulse is back for another year! I ran a (last minute) VF5:FS side tournament @ ATL Revival a few weeks ago, and it was pretty successful. So I've been given the clear to run DOA5 and VF5:FS @ Tension Pulse this year. If you're interested in either game, plz come and show support for 3D tournaments!

Format and other details are coming soon. Right now DOA 5 is set for Xbox (as that is the system I have it on. :confused: But then again, I might cough up the change to by a PS3 copy). If there's enough people that'd rather have it on PS3, post up on here, I'll change it accordingly.

_________________________________________________________________________________

TENSION PULSE 2012 - Fighting Game Gathering! Free TP2012 poster!
Many credits to GA Fighting Game Community for helping me put this event together!

Crew Round 2 Georgia is proud to announce Tension Pulse 2012, from the team that hosted Tension Pulse 2008, 2009, 2010, & 2011 and the Columbus GA Round 2 Ranbat tournaments!!! The epic success of TP2K11 encourages the surfacing of Tension Pulse 2012, bigger, badder, more epic than ever and ready to make noise! THIS IS THE BUSINESS!!!!!!!

PLEASE BRING EXTRA COPIES OF GAMES! To anybody who brings extra TVs or Consoles will have the venue fee deducted. Anybody who brings both TVs *AND* consoles will have the venue fee removed entirely

TIME: 1:00 PM (GMT-5:00 Eastern US & Canada)
DATE: November 17th 2012

VENUE ENTRY FEE = $10

SSFIV AE 2012 Entry = $10
Prize = 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%

UMvC3 = $10

TTT2 = $10

KOFXIII = $10

Persona 4 Arena = $10

SCV Entry = $5

Freestyle Rap Battle = $2
Prize = Winner Take All (3 Judges will determine winners)

RULES
[1] All games are Double Elimination --Best 2 out of 3
[2] Food is allowed, but it will have to be what the venue offers. You cannot bring any food inside the venue.
[3] Let's try to stay organized. In the event that large numbers show, we don't want to cause confusion nor waste time in this event.
[4] No stealing. I cannot stress this enough. People spend time and money on things that don't belong to you, so don't take it.
[5] Don't create static. We are on public grounds, so fighting outside of virtual reality is against the rules and authorities will be around to make sure nobody is harmed.
[6] Button shouldering "IS" allowed, provoke/taunt button "IS" optional.
[7] This is a (B.Y.O.C. = Bring Your Own Controller/converter or Joystick) tournament.
You are responsible for your equipment and we will not supply anyone with a controller or converter at this tournament.
[8] No pausing the game during the tournament for any reason what so ever. If a cell phone rings, you are asked to hold all calls until your match is over or before hand. PLEASE LEAVE ALL PHONE CELL PHONES ON VIBRATE. If your joypad or joystick malfunctions during a tourney, a judge will come to resolve the issue.
[9] Come to this event and make some noise! =D

CONDUCT
Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion. Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game. Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

On all console tournament games:

This is a (B.Y.O.C. = Bring Your Own Controller/converter or Joystick) tournament for all of the console games. You are responsible for your equipment and we will not supply anyone with a controller or converter at this tournament for any console tournament. You might be able to rent a controller from US Gaming Arena to use during the tournament, but you'll have to ask that question when you get here.

If you hit the start button or a malfunction in your equipment happens during a match that makes the game pauses or resets during a tournament match get the head judge in charge of running that tournament to decide what will happen next for that match. Replays are automatic if it's at the beginning of the match and you have played 5-10 seconds in the game with no one having an advantage in the match. It's not my problem if "YOUR STICK" malfunction's during a tournament. I WILL BE THE FINAL SAY ON ANY PROBLEMS THAT MY TOURNAMENT JUDGES CAN'T RESOLVE!

RhythmikDesigns

I'm trying to get off that weekend to attend. Any update on the fee?

Edit: Damn, nvm...I just checked the Facebook link and see the date is now 11/17, same day as GA's Fight Club.

BLACKSTAR

alright, yeah, it sucks but I'm gonna have to cancel this event, because of the date conflict with the GA Fight Club

After all, you might see me up in ATL for it! (with my scrubby Kokoro :p )

I repeat: THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED. GO TO THE JONESBORO GA FIGHTCLUB ON NOV 17!!

BLACKSTAR

nah, it wasn't that bad. It was a couple of side tourneys to the main tournaments. It wasn't a big thing, but it was something to promote two games that I like (though VF will always be my first love :D ). It's kinda counterproductive to have a separate event when the ATL event has been planned for months and advance and people are trying to travel from out of state to it

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD