• Ninja Gaiden 4

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Nioh 3

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Koei Tecmo does this New Year's report thing just about every year where their development teams attempt to reveal their goals and whatnot (without spoiling any surprises), and they did this on a smaller scale to end the year because they don't really have anything new announced outside of a Dynasty Warriors remake. The Team NINJA goals were not very specific at all; and it's because we are going to officially see where their game universe is going.

The direction for a while now has been to release a souls like game each year while maintaining DOAXVV and making big profit off of it, and the worst possible outcome that could happen after Rise of the Ronin is that they announce another Nioh title. I know that some are going to say that they closed the book on Nioh, but this is a familiar and safe territory for them and when you combine that factor with their relationship with Sony; it's entirely possibly they will bend the knee to Sony if Sony asks for another Nioh.

Do I like the Nioh franchise? Absolutely! Do I think it's where they should go next? NO! Considering that the DOA community (at least a fairly sizeable chunk) purchases Team NINJA's works I think that they should also have a viable say; and seeing as how Ronin will quickly be coming out in the Spring - it is time to get vocal to Koei Tecmo and Team NINJA about DOA if that's what you still want. Wo Long is wrapped up and complete, and Ronin does not have an announced Season Pass so now is the time to request NINJA Gaiden or Dead or Alive.

The remaining brand teams did not offer as much in terms of upcoming teasers. Most members related to Team Ninja – namely Yosuke Hayashi, Fumihiko Yasuda, Masaaki Yamagiwa, and Masakazu Hirayama —- are moving on from Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty to Rise of the Ronin, which will be available on the PS5 on March 22, 2024. However, the team also has Yasunori Sakuda, who is focused on maintaining both Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation and Atelier Resleriana. - Siliconera Article

Keep in mind that Sakuda has been working on DOA since DOA3 so it's not completely fair to say there is no experience left. Let's also hope that Yasuda challenges himself as a developer. Anyways, I hope that everyone here has a Happy New Year! Thanks for staying with us at FSD!

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm not as optimistic I'll admit for a DOA title but I hope and pray 2024 could be the year for a reboot or update to the franchise^.^

That’s okay. I really don’t think anyone is optimistic at this point, but I think it’s worth giving a push so that they continue to know people want the game.

My guess is the worst situation which is Nioh 3. Still not a bad situation to be in, but I just have this bitter feeling. Guess we will see where it leads.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
KT is bent on TN making soulslikes set in China. As long as Kou Shibusawa is in charge I doubt that'll change.

If anything I'd expect to see a new NG title before another DOA fighting game.

dante_huyvu

Coming from DOA VV, I really like Elise (Im a fan of her VA, she voices Reina in Tekken 8). I want her in the next DOA if it exists. Tbh I voted for Nioh 3 since it has a better chance than anything else ;)

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Keep in mind that Sakuda has been working on DOA since DOA3 so it's not completely fair to say there is no experience left. Let's also hope that Yasuda challenges himself as a developer. Anyways, I hope that everyone here has a Happy New Year! Thanks for staying with us at FSD!
To be honest, I totally forgot that Yasuda was involved with DOA3 and DOA5. For now, I'm just going to keep my expectations low. For all we know, they might not even announce anything DOA related (mainline entry-wise) next year since all of the team's gas is being put in their big boy (Rise of the Ronin).

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I am not trolling. I would rather she not be in the next game. Same with Marie.

I refuse to play the next DOA if Kanna is in it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I am not trolling. I would rather she not be in the next game. Same with Marie.

I refuse to play the next DOA if Kanna is in it.
Fair enough.

As Bobby Brown so eloquently said back in his prime in the 80s... that's your prerogative.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
"I don't want new players to take interest in DOA, and I want the next game to fail."
Oh yes because NiCO got tons of new players joining up by the droves. I hear she is also an incredibly popular Venus Vacation character too.

I'd rather not have loli characters that attract pedophiles and other creepy weirdos to the games I play.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
While I'm not very optimistic for a new DOA game, I think the most important thing we also have to worry about is the investment in it. It's initial release was pretty underwhelming, to top it off in a early botched situation where the game didn't even had an online lobby at first. Obviously they added it in later, but that in itself no matter how you look at it is a bad look and gives off a terrible impression on attention.

If by some chance there is a DOA7 (or a reboot), please for all that is holy, make the company put an effort into it. I'm speaking about it's harsh situation in terms of budget+attention along with keeping the members without shifting them to another IP while most of the game was outsourced because even if there was a DOA7, one of the most disappointing things is to prepare yourself if the game doesn't do well, and KT's track record right now, I can't blame anyone for preparing low expectation. There are times where the community can also potentially just eat it up as "hey I don't care if it's even decent at best, long as it's DOA7" which is an issue with the mentality itself because we should get an expectation to keep the series alive at the bare minimum. DOA as a fighting game needs actual good budget.

I genuinely believe they don't know what to do with the series (on top that Shimbori left, literally DOAVV even makes more sense than making a fighting game). This is not your typical doom & gloom post, i'm actually very serious on this one. They really need to come up with a solution that's stable to keep the series floating that goes beyond just DLC. A solution and tactic that gets more players into the game in general. One can imagine if DOA was as big as say Smash but the likelihood of that happening is probably impossible, but they have to do something that gets the game rolling and not just a one-time thing. I don't want just a simple DOA7/DOA Reboot, I'd like to see a DOA that completely destroys DOA1/DOA2/DOA3/DOA4/DOA5/DOA6, or at the very least have the motivation to somewhat be better overall by taking in the good elements from each of those games. I have low expectations of a new DOA game, but I have extremely low expectations in terms of KT's support into putting money, time, and energy into it.

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
Oh yes because NiCO got tons of new players joining up by the droves. I hear she is also an incredibly popular Venus Vacation character too.

I'd rather not have loli characters that attract pedophiles and other creepy weirdos to the games I play.
NiCO is one of the most popular characters in Japan, DOA's home country. And she was voted #1 to join DOAXVV in Famitsu's last character poll.

And I think you already know how popular Marie is.

But based on your "creepy loli pedo" remark, it seems like you don't actually play DOA at all - otherwise you'd know that Marie and NiCO are both 18. Unlike Ayane and Kasumi, who were literal 16 and 17 year-old children up until DOA5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD