Official DC/MD/VA Thread

Blackula

Since no one created it, I figured I would. We've got a thriving fighting game scene in Virginia. I would love for DOA to be a part of it when it comes out in September.

I live in Southern Virginia (SOVA) in the city of Chesapeake, and I host sessions for any games that people want to play every Friday (unless I say otherwise that I'm not hosting). Hopefully I'll see some of you VA peeps come to the sessions.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming Tournaments:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...ks-2-the-runbackening-richmond-virginia.1106/

Local Sessions:
Replays
Every Wednesday
2093 General Booth Blvd #104
Virginia Beach, VA 23454-5917
(757)427-9001
From 7 PM to Midnight(ish)

The BLACKula Cave
Every Friday night at 7 PM (unless otherwise stated)
Chesapeake, VA (PM for specific address)
Phone: Send me a PM for the number
Games: You name it, someone plays it!

List of Players
--SOVA--
Blackula
Winback
TBInuyasha

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Ghost
Dale

--MD--
Mr. Wah
jaewonz

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm about an hourish away from Virginia and the DC area. Look forward to seeing other people in the area for events.

Blackula, maybe you can update your location in your profile information so people can see you're in Virginia at every one of your posts?

N0rdicNinja

Just now getting back into the scene, not that I was good enough to remember or anything, but I went to quite a few tourneys in the DoAU days and in the beginning of DoA4 before everything dropped off the map. This is my first foray back into DoA land since then. Nowadays I've become a much more active member of the Mortal Kombat community.

Blackula and I actually run tournaments together, and we're looking heavily into DoA5. We both WANT it to be good so we look upon it with hopeful eyes.

UnD34D

I lived with Blackula for the last couple months (june-febuary) and just moved to Japan. I hated DoA4 but I still tried to get gatherings for it until I completely gave up on it for Tekken.

N0rdicNinja

I lived with Blackula for the last couple months (june-febuary) and just moved to Japan. I hated DoA4 but I still tried to get gatherings for it until I completely gave up on it for Tekken.

Aaah, so you were down in SOVA then, I'm about 3-4 hours north of Blackula. Did you ever go with him to any of the NOVA tourneys?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Aaah, so you were down in SOVA then, I'm about 3-4 hours north of Blackula. Did you ever go with him to any of the NOVA tourneys?

You're actually a bit west of me. I'm in Maryland though, between I-495 and I-695. I'm about an hour drive away.

N0rdicNinja

Hey WINBACK, you coming up with Blackula this weekend?

And Sorwah, I still need to meet up with you at some point, what's your weekend availability like?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hey WINBACK, you coming up with Blackula this weekend?

And Sorwah, I still need to meet up with you at some point, what's your weekend availability like?

Generally open. If you come over with Blackula you might find we can have some fun with DOA5 ;).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hear that Blackula? I'm dragging your ass over there! =P This weekend we're running an event at Mason and next weekend I'm taking my Sister to Otakon, after that I should have availability.

If you ever saw this gentlemen on any of your trips that was me.

Blackula knows why you should come by. I'm going to see if I can get DOA5 playable at Otakon. I know Jeffkun pretty well and wonder if he still runs the event. I used to get in free for donating my system and games for the event. one year I brought in DOA3.1 as well. Good times. Went on a winning streak all weekend with people saying "I'm coming back to beat you!". I only lost like 1 match and that's because I was using Brad Wong :-/.

N0rdicNinja

Blackula knows why you should come by. I'm going to see if I can get DOA5 playable at Otakon. I know Jeffkun pretty well and wonder if he still runs the event. I used to get in free for donating my system and games for the event. one year I brought in DOA3.1 as well. Good times. Went on a winning streak all weekend with people saying "I'm coming back to beat you!". I only lost like 1 match and that's because I was using Brad Wong :-/.

Just talked to him, we're definitely coming over at some point! And I encourage you to consider the tournament next month, it's the perfect audience to introduce the changes to. =) If you do get DoA5 into the game room let me know! Will definitely hang out there!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD