DOA5U Official Tier List

Lulu

How important is The Tier List in DoA specifically ?
I find that the Hold System and fundamentals like Side Stepping and Blocking renders all the characters viable......

Although I wish the Top 8s become alil bit more diverse.

Pictured Mind

How important is The Tier List in DoA specifically ?
I find that the Hold System and fundamentals like Side Stepping and Blocking renders all the characters viable......

Although I wish the Top 8s become alil bit more diverse.

I don't think tiers are important in DOA. Mostly because of the triangle system and even fundamentals like you said. Every character can beat every character. If your opponent uses a lot of strikes, you can hold them. I doesn't matter what character you picked. Some characters just get better pay off from a hold, like Leifang. We're lucky the difference between a good character and a bad character is so small in DOA.

There's just two characters I would personally like to see getting nerfed (Gen Fu and Christie) but that's about it.

Lulu

I don't think tiers are important in DOA. Mostly because of the triangle system and even fundamentals like you said. Every character can beat every character. If your opponent uses a lot of strikes, you can hold them. I doesn't matter what character you picked. Some characters just get better pay off from a hold, like Leifang. We're lucky the difference between a good character and a bad character is so small in DOA.

There's just two characters I would personally like to see getting nerfed (Gen Fu and Christie) but that's about it.

I knew it !!! :)
Anyway..... according to Rob Pardo snd David Sirling: while adjusting the tier list even though the community acknowledges and even want the game to be balanced...... they have an odd behavoiral reaction to nerfing the Strong Characters as Opposed to Buffing all the weak ones. In his oppinion, you get better results when you scale your tier list from the Bottom Upwards than when you do it from the top downwards.

I think he was right.... theres alot of discussion in FSD about nerfing than there's is about buffing.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
The last conversation I had with Rock he was saying he was going to start playing Hayate which was "coming soon," haha, but I wasn't sure if that meant replacing Lei-Fang, and I've noticed he plays a good amount of Hayate online. Rock's opinion was interesting to me because I think it implies the game is pretty balanced and that the top 5 are just a little bit better than everyone else; you can pretty much win with anyone.

I say Wasao implied Kokoro and Eliot were low tier because he stated he has to work/train soooo hard to play and get good with Kokoro and joked that winning with Kasumi was like mashing a singe button repeatably, which I found hilarious. I pretended to faceroll an arcade cabinet when he said this, which got laughs. We also started to compare how good food was to a tier list, and saying something was like Kasumi meant it was really tasty/top tier lmao, while Eliot wasn't that good, haha.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
The last conversation I had with Rock he was saying he was going to start playing Hayate which was "coming soon," haha, but I wasn't sure if that meant replacing Lei-Fang, and I've noticed he plays a good amount of Hayate online. Rock's opinion was interesting to me because I think it implies the game is pretty balanced and that the top 5 are just a little bit better than everyone else; you can pretty much win with anyone.

I say Wasao implied Kokoro and Eliot were low tier because he stated he has to work/train soooo hard to play and get good with Kokoro and joked that winning with Kasumi was like mashing a singe button repeatably, which I found hilarious. I pretended to faceroll an arcade cabinet when he said this, which got laughs. We also started to compare how good food was to a tier list, and saying something was like Kasumi meant it was really tasty/top tier lmao, while Eliot wasn't that good, haha.
I can see why he rated Kasumi & Christie so highly lol. I'm actually intrigued that the other two players didn't seem to think Christie is top 5. Kasumi is good, but I really don't think she's exactly the best in the game or even Top 5. She's just really a CQC beast. Still curious to why TN nerfed Kokoro so much during the DOA5 & DOA5U phases. In 5U at least, she was no where near OP.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The talk of "Well the hold system balances it out so everyone's equal" really should stop. Yes, at a low level that's true, but there are certain characters that have specific options at specific times that make you have to guess a specific hold but the odds are far from in your favor.

Pictured Mind

The talk of "Well the hold system balances it out so everyone's equal" really should stop. Yes, at a low level that's true, but there are certain characters that have specific options at specific times that make you have to guess a specific hold but the odds are far from in your favor.

I hope you don't think that's what I was implying, because I'm not. The triangle system simply keeps match ups from being really one sided. I think that system is too strong to allow something like 8-2 MU's. I agree, "everyone's equal" is definitely false.

Lulu

Thats Unfortunate :(
But hey.....it could be worse..... imagine if it didn't have Defensive Holds. :eek:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD