DOA5U Ok! I'm Ready anytime!! Mila DOA5U Matchups & Strategy discussion thread

YOLOclutch

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been made yet.....

Anyway this thread, is to discuss Mila's matchups, both good & bad, and how to deal with them.

Any info that's beneficial will be added to the opening comment.

So.... Discuss...

Hurricane Rev

I am having quite a hard time fighting against fast characters in this game. When I am fighting against them most of the time, if feels like I can't do much against them. Every time I try to do something, I usually get hit because of it. My only and somewhat good move that I have against those characters is 2p, which does occasionally helps me at times. But Here are the following characters that I have trouble with........

Sarah
Kasumi
Brad Wong
Zack (Sort of)
Ayane
Momiji (Sort of)
Alpha 152
Jann Lee
Helena

For most of the characters, I'm going to start playing far away games against them because I feel that Mila loses at close range fights and I believe that is one of the reasons why I keep dying. I also, need to learn how to side step moves properly. If anyone can tell me how to fight a certain character on my list, then I would really appreciate it :)

Raze

The best thing to do when facing faster characters fme, it to attack them at their points of disadvantage, such as when they finish a string. A good thing to do is to take the character you have trouble fighting into training mode, and try to find out the frames and such.
This is probably the best advice i've seen on this site lately, 100% agree, that is how you should be playing Mila..

Frames are important in this DOA and since Mila isn't a fast powerhouse, you need to defend quite a bit, then attack from advantage. Instead of 2P, try to use her :2::h::+::K:. It's +9 on hit and your opponent opponent has to defend (it's +3 on fastest stagger recovery, but basically nobody will be able to do this), so they need to either block, or throw out a hold. You can use some basic mixup options from the sweep after it hits. Her 12f elbow wont be beaten even on fastest recovery after the sweep.. The :1::P:+:K: sets up HUGE advantage and crushes highs, it gives +14 on fastest recovery, so you can do lots with that massive +frame advantage, basically you can continue your attack with a larger variety of options, and you have guaranteed attacks at that point.. I did all the frame data for her normal hit stuff (haven't added feints or throws yet), you should go look at it and base your counter offense off of that. Defend, counter attack with a strong option and force them into defending, or eating your attacks if they try and mash their way out of it.

Gill Hustle

Zack (Sort of)

LOL really Rev?

*edit*

Hmm, vs a good Ayane the space game is her forte.

Her spins count as crouching and can nullify tackle, 4K options should beat out her attack options.

Ayane's 66kk4 (the second kick can be ducked) and BT PP6kk4 (second kick CANNOT be ducked) leaves her at +1. A good Ayane will either use 2p (low counter that!), hold block (to turn around) or use 8p to turn and make space that will put you back square one.

Careful with 3H+K cuz Ayane will be looking for Mid K holds. This goes both ways since Ayane's 3H+K gives her the new flop stun and her 4 H+K gives her limbo stun combos.

Both are Mid Kicks so counter them when you can.

If you got the health lead she'll have to come to you.

Watch for P to BT throw (6frame) when she gets in.

64 Throw (12 frame) and Advanced mid P counter lead to big damage combos for Ayane so be careful with Mila's 6p.

I guess a lot is player specific, but when I play Ayane I use a lot of hit and run tactics. As Mila I usually look for these versus Ayane. If the player respects the damage Mila can do I'd expect a few of these tactics.

Last edited:

Hurricane Rev

Thanks alot guys for the advice and the tips. I have been playing slightly off recently which I know why (Playing too much DOA i think lool). Once I take a very short break from it, I'm going to sit down and go into the Dojo to find some new stuffs :)

LOL really Rev?

Why Not?? lool Zack is fast and he has got a really good offensive mix ups game and it is quite difficult to interrupt him while he is attacking. But it isn't so bad though because I am starting to learn how to fight him with Mila

Gill Hustle

Why Not?? lool Zack is fast and he has got a really good offensive mix ups game and it is quite difficult to interrupt him while he is attacking. But it isn't so bad though because I am starting to learn how to fight him with Mila

I thought you mained Zack for awhile so you'd already know what was punishable :confused:

AkaShocka

Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't Christie Mila's worst matchup? Or Ayane? I'm not just saying this because they are top tier. I really think those two give Mila the most problems. Christie has the speed, jakhehio, mix ups and crazy pressure and Ayane has the mix ups and great spacing game. I'm sure Mila is more like Ayane, better from a distance but her long ranged moves like :6::6::K: are pretty slow and maybe unsafe. And Sarah, yea she gives everyone a hard time so I am pretty sure Sarah is a tough match for Mila. Well the VF characters in general give all of the others a hard time.
But IMO I think Mila's worst match ups are: :christie: :ayane: :sarah: and possibly :leifang: I only think Leifang because she is way better in your face then far away. Judging on what you said about Mila be better from a distance, Leifang might be tough for her since she will always be in your face and won't back up and she OHs even a low OH I believe, unless they nerfed it in 5U. But same with Christie and Sarah, they will always be in your face. But the thing with Christie is that she is also great at a distance so Christie might give Mila the hardest time, because pressure, special SS (that also leads to more mix ups), speed, crushes etc etc. Yea I think Christie is Mila's worst match up.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
8PP after 6T still works on DOA5 characters it worked on before and now includes Jacky and Leon. I practically stopped playing Mila now so I don't know anything about her anymore (keep using Leon inputs for everything now...)

AkaShocka

Your pretty much spot on but i have some pretty good counter strategies against lei fang so not as much her than hayate for me, hate fighting this dude from a distance...
Hayate Eh? Well he is pretty unsafe so you can throw punish him and Mila is great a punishing.
But his distance game is ok but not that great. Best spacers IMO are Ayane and Lisa.

Tenryuga

You are facing some shitty Hayate's for you to say his distance game isn't great. This dude and Ein are kings of spacing. Anyway what Aka said about punishment is right. Hayate has to get unsafe at some point if he wants to open people up whether it be through sweeps or throw attempts. Block and punish. Also watch for when you block moves like his 6P. 6P is -12 on block so he will have a hard time trying to beat you out if he free cancels that. If you block his 3K that is also a good opportunity to attack. Same with 1P on hit if he doesn't follow up. He has quite a few unsafe moves or moves that are massive disadvantage. Learn those then respond appropriately to the situation.

Hurricane Rev

I thought you mained Zack for awhile so you'd already know what was punishable :confused:

I did used to main him but ever since I started to main Mila, I kinda loss some things that I used to know with Zack if you know what I mean. Although, I will go back to him at some point.

Yaguar

Not sure how I'll handle Sarah now, I used to rely on reading her lows and crushing them with 3H+K into FT. With that gone it'll just be trying to create space and try to force her to whiff.

Against anyone if you can land :6::6::P: just hold the pressure.

The Christie match up, I'll have to come back to. Can't say what it is like in 5U but in 5... Bleugh. She could JAK-off all night and just dodge everything, even tackle break hits. With that gone it may change it slightly but I'll vote she still won't be an easy task.

My personal Ayane technique... let her do what she wants. Most people will become complacent and make mistakes into BT where you can quickly :6::P: or anything else out. Read lows, crush with :3::H+K:. Can't really offer much more on that, at neutral she'll most likely win 7/10 times unless you're just within mid range spacing you might pull off a lucky :4::K:.

Lei Fang, I got nadda. My usual is to place the controller on my desk and go for a smoke break.

Yaguar

On block it'll give you +7 for pressures.
On hit it'll give you something to chase or some space.

RubinRoon

How do you use her new feints correctly? Most of them start from high punches, so I find it hard to use them outside the stun game.

Yaguar

How do you use her new feints correctly? Most of them start from high punches, so I find it hard to use them outside the stun game.

Same story with the old ones, :P::P::K: for example.

The idea is to build respect for it, so people will block the :K:. After that you can feint and mix up on block.

EDIT: Or was it :6::K:. I forget without a control pad in my hand.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Thank you guys for your hard work.
I am now in the process of learning Mila. She seems to have pretty high damage output in a lot of situations, but this is just from observation...
Time to learn...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD