Online is dying out??

D Glock

I play this game online once or maybe twice about every 2 weeks now. I am now usually super rusty and can't even remember what I'm doing half the time, even though I still manage to beat good players every now and then, lol.

But I dunno. The thrill for the online aspect of DoA 5 is no where close to what DoA 4 and Ultimate had to offer, plus the netcode is still subpar.

synce

That's kind of where I've been this year. Play a few days, take a month off, play a few days, etc. I saw a few familiar names when I last came back and even got some hate mail. I'm just amazed people still take the game seriously

Gill Hustle

I just go into training mode and turn on fight request for ranked and play on any connection. (Don't care cuz it's online)

I usually find matches when I play and a lot of people I'd prefer to play with are on my FRlist.

If I find someone on the same level as myself I friend them. That helps with finding more games.

Crext

Standard Donor
Hehe, personally I stopped playing a while back even though I love the game as a whole.

In the beginning it was awesome, but as more of a casual type (made it to A+) I can't wait 5 min between matches. They should have added some type of system that allows random encounters with people while still playing the game. Would make survival a lot more fun if they gave me the ability to join a ranked matched and come back where I left off on a pause menu or something. And throwdowns does not really count as you can only see those you've added to your fighter list which is limited in size.

Makes me look forward to DoA 6, the start period was crazy fun, that's for sure.

Gaignun

It's a shame to see how small the scene has become. I, personally, would participate online a lot more frequently, but, for some reason, my connection routinely freezes up either when joining a lobby or when in a match. I have no idea whether my PS3 (a fat, non-backwards compatible 80GB version) or my shoddy internet connection speed is the problem.

Then there's the entirely different issue of playing online. Coping with a 100-400 ms delay on my inputs is a skill I do not have nor care to develop.

Perhaps the scene would be stronger if the netcode was more robust.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
I have no problem finding people to play. A friends list full of doa players and when I get bored I join random lobbies solves most of yalls problems. I still find plenty of matches daily.

Snipa

They need to drop ranked/unranked and just make lobbies like DOAU2/4.

All lobbies are ranked and everyone has to play with each other! Yes i know sometimes it sucks waiting for matches to finish but just set it up to a 2 man lobby and you can play all day.

It was so much better, i loved joining a lobby or creating one and playing all day long with randoms and the odd 1-2 people who stay in there for a full day i end up adding to my live account.

Just does not feel the same anymore, i personally dont think there was any need to change the online formula.

synce

Just played some DOA4 today...not as good as I remember. I completely forgot you can't even quit if you lose, it's up to the winner. And of course I lost a lot... at this point I really missed DOA5 ranked, so I fired that up. Some lulz were had when I saw there were less people playing DOA5 than DOA4, and it was the same people I played a few days ago :/

And the actual gameplay... I can't go back to it. I need SOME form of guaranteed damage. I also kept trying to sidestep, only to end up taunting

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
Just played some DOA4 today...not as good as I remember. I completely forgot you can't even quit if you lose, it's up to the winner. And of course I lost a lot... at this point I really missed DOA5 ranked, so I fired that up. Some lulz were had when I saw there were less people playing DOA5 than DOA4, and it was the same people I played a few days ago :/
Most people don't play in public lobbies man. There are a lot of people off here that you can add and expand who you play with

dawnbringer

They should have added some type of system that allows random encounters with people while still playing the game. Would make survival a lot more fun if they gave me the ability to join a ranked matched and come back where I left off on a pause menu or something. And throwdowns does not really count as you can only see those you've added to your fighter list which is limited in size.

They did add this in 1.03. You can accept invitations to ranked matches while playing arcade or training mode.

This is a very convenient feature, and more games adopt it. Darkstalkers Resurrection is going to have a patch this week with similar feature.

Fantastic Damage

I don't really play DoA anymore. I was a huge DoA 4 player and played it so fucking much. DoA 5 has shit net code and the game just doesn't feel as solid as DoA 4. I play SF3: 3rd Strike Online Edition now. Most fucking fun I've had on a fighting game since DoA 4. Even more so since 3rd Strikes tier list isn't nearly as drastic and unfair as DoA 5, it's net code is perfect and I get not laggy ass matches unless I go looking for them. "RIP IN PEICE Dead Or Alive."

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I keep hopping into lobbies to keep up training/expanding my Bass work.
Screw 4, all it is online now are spam holds and pokes, over and over and over again.
What I do find in 5 now is that I'm coming across people I haven't played against since DOA2U, and that makes me hopeful that it will stick around.

Julius Rage

DOA online used to be special, every single match used to count towards your rank. If you dicked around too much you'd find your self on the wrong side of 50% win average and struggling to maintain an S.

Now everything is easier - from the online play to the game itself. You can play and beat as many good players as you want in lobbies but unless you go into ranked and beat up on bad players it's not reflected in your letter grade.

Also I feel the game is easier because you're now looking more at what the opponents character can do more than what he or she likes to do (but it's still 45% what they like to do).

Im not saying easier is bad, im playing Tekken now and that shit is really easy and I like it. So forget the gameplay, im just saying the online system they set up is too generic and not what made me play DOA over other titles back in the day.

Also that one on one only tag mode bullshit is a problem. If anything it should have been the opposite or both but not just 1v1.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD