Online Lobbies

heyayane

Hey there,

I am wondering what's the deal with the online lobbies? I've tried several times in the evening to find some lobby matches. Most of the time there is no single open lobby at all or there is only one lobby with a relatively high rank and very bad connection. Am I doing something wrong here? It just surprises me, maybe my settings are wrong. I am playing on PS4 if that matters.

Arcane

I've heard that, supposedly, you only see lobbies with open slots. Theoretically it is possible that there are multiple lobbies at any given point in time but the ones that are full are not visible. I'm not sure how valid that statement is. I get the feeling that lobbies go mostly unused. I usually just stick to ranked. But that's also because I'm a below-average player so I don't like the idea of showing up to someone's lobby and boring them to tears with my pathetic attempts at putting up a fight :p

N1ce Dreams

Just find people to play with. That's the best advice I can give if wanting to play online regularly.

NightAntilli

I've heard that, supposedly, you only see lobbies with open slots. Theoretically it is possible that there are multiple lobbies at any given point in time but the ones that are full are not visible. I'm not sure how valid that statement is. I get the feeling that lobbies go mostly unused. I usually just stick to ranked. But that's also because I'm a below-average player so I don't like the idea of showing up to someone's lobby and boring them to tears with my pathetic attempts at putting up a fight :p
It's true. I've seen no lobbies multiple times while searching for them, while I see people in my friends list playing. When I try to join them through the friends list, I get an error in the game saying that the lobby is full. I have also entered lobbies this way that weren't showing up for some other reason, maybe 4+ connection or something. So if you have friends playing the game, try joining lobbies in that way.

Arcane

It's true. I've seen no lobbies multiple times while searching for them, while I see people in my friends list playing. When I try to join them through the friends list, I get an error in the game saying that the lobby is full. I have also entered lobbies this way that weren't showing up for some other reason, maybe 4+ connection or something. So if you have friends playing the game, try joining lobbies in that way.
Thanks for confirming. Then my suspicion was incorrect.

Raansu

Could be your search settings. PS4 I usually always see a bunch of lobbies in the evening. Xbox and PC sadly are pretty dead, though xbox ranked is somewhat consistent in pop times.

N1ce Dreams

You can join a freinds game through join session or invite, even if you don't meet the connection quality or region settings. It was the same on DoA5, but weather there really is room or if it will let you join is another matter.

heyayane

Thanks everyone!

Just find people to play with. That's the best advice I can give if wanting to play online regularly.

That's totally true. Usually, I play local with friends or step into some ranked matches, so I have no worries about that. But since I'm new to the DoA franchise I'm only in C ranks currently and my thinking was, I can get some practice matches through lobbies because ranked always plays different and some players don't rematch. I thought lobbies are kinda equivalent for quickmatches in Tekken or something like that. But if ranked is the only viable option here to play constantly online with randoms, I am fine with that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD