Online multiplayer is a complete disappointment

LondonLust

Maybe it's because my character does better than others in lag but online has been treating me well. I've played like 120 matches and only about 10 of them were noticeably laggy.

DrDogg

Maybe it's because my character does better than others in lag but online has been treating me well. I've played like 120 matches and only about 10 of them were noticeably laggy.

What are you comparing it to? Are you trying to punish attacks that are -8 with an i7 throw? Are you waiting until you see an attack before you attempt to counter or step? Are you attempting just frame combo throws to ensure the opponent can't escape? Are you buffering throws during advantage with a 1-frame window for an opponent to escape?

...or are you just playing for fun?

LondonLust

What are you comparing it to? Are you trying to punish attacks that are -8 with an i7 throw? Are you waiting until you see an attack before you attempt to counter or step? Are you attempting just frame combo throws to ensure the opponent can't escape? Are you buffering throws during advantage with a 1-frame window for an opponent to escape?

...or are you just playing for fun?

First one. I know it sounds ridiculous and all but seriously this game's online has been really smooth for me with little to no input delay on most matches. I haven't played offline against a human though so I might be exaggerating lol.

Lightning

Doa5 is really weird, in doa4 it was unplayable for me to play vs US players but it was really good against Europe but now it feels like it got better long distance but the problem is that even if I play against someone living 5 minutes away from me it feels like I'm playing a guy from Japan.

Omegan Eckhart

Doing combo's quite often works fine in lag, but when you get put on the defensive that's when things fall apart. If you are winning I'm not surprised you are not noticing the lag so much. Holds just don't work at all sometimes.

DR2K

Overall the netcode is mediocre. It's not unplayable, but it blows the deeper you get into the system. I don't understand how the innovators of online play and netcode for fighting games are so far below than Namco and Segas recent efforts. I mean the lobby selection is busted, you pick a lobby and it piks the room below it.

1. Less modes online.

2. Ranked mode isn't set to 3 rounds and you can't see the opponents connection.It also takes too long to enter matches.

3. Stupid people playing largest life, this shouldn't be an option anymore Team Ninja.

Tekken tag 2 is flawless online, VF5 is buttery smooth in most connections, SCV also runs considerably better. These are all games that are more sensitive to lag than DOA5 to boot.

Step up your game Team Ninja.

Zeo

3. Stupid people playing largest life, this shouldn't be an option anymore Team Ninja.
That's a nitpick and a horrible one. Most play on largest life and it allows for longer matches which a lot prefer. It shouldn't not be an option, you simply don't want it to be one.

DR2K

That's a nitpick and a horrible one. Most play on largest life and it allows for longer matches which a lot prefer. It shouldn't not be an option, you simply don't want it to be one.

It shouldn't be an option. Add more rounds, don't fuck up the games balance if you want longer matches. There's a reason no other fighter allows for life toggle in matches.

Zeo

It shouldn't be an option. Add more rounds, don't fuck up the games balance if you want longer matches. There's a reason no other fighter allows for life toggle in matches.
Marvel vs Capcom 3.

DontForkWitMe

exactly, putting it on largest life just allows scrubs to get away with more mistakes and play less cautiously. even worse are the bums who set the time limit to infinite.

Zeo

Uh, what life toggle options?
You can set the handicap above or below 100% before the fight starts. As high as 200% and as low as 50%. The only difference is you have the option to set it for yourself only and not for the opponent so I can have 50% and my opponent can have 200% if we so wish it.

Obviously changing the options is banned for tourney play, but then again most DOA tourneys use normal health to begin with, so I'm not seeing the problem with having the option.

DR2K

You can set the handicap above or below 100% before the fight starts. As high as 200% and as low as 50%. The only difference is you have the option to set it for yourself only and not for the opponent so I can have 50% and my opponent can have 200% if we so wish it.

Obviously changing the options is banned for tourney play, but then again most DOA tourneys use normal health to begin with, so I'm not seeing the problem with having the option.

I was talking about online. There are handicap settings in lots of fighters.

The option seperates the player base. The online is handicapped enough, no need to add to it. Largest was initially used in DOA4 and DOA5 to counteract huge hold damage, now it's just being used by people that don't know any better. Why would you want matches to drag on longer in a lobby where you have to wait for matches?

FakeSypha

So sad... so disappointed...

How do you cope with shitty online when you have ZERO offline scene, guys? how?

TRI Mike

PS3 is "fine" but 360 is almost unplayable. It's funny because it's the same game, in the same room, connected to the same router.

*sigh*

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD