Online multiplayer is a complete disappointment

I was playing on my wireless 360 today against a dude from Europe. I am from Utah. We played with no stuttering and no noticable input delay. Oh and I LOVE simple match. I love that I can just do a simple rematch instead of being kicked out to a lobby after every match. So many online games forget this feature and just put in ranked or lobby. I know it is a small pet peeve. But after a lose, every second wasted going through menus and repicking characters is an annoyance.

Anyways my point is, if my temp wireless solution was capable of playing with people entire oceans away and not once during our matches did I feel lag was a concern. Then I have no idea what is happening with some of the other connections on here. I hope whatever is causing the issues gets resolved because you are missing out on a great game.

kia skill

Yeah, this game is complete shit online in comparison to 4. Half the features are gone, it takes about 5 minutes to find a ranked match and half of the time it lags. Game is shit. Not surprised though, every game is shit these days.

Well I have no idea what to say anymore. I've played over 100 matches and only around 10 of them have had lag. I've played ranked, simple and in lobbies with my buddies from Atlanta, Kentucky and around the block here in New Orleans and its been great. I've hopped in lobbies that have 4 to 5 bars and it's been fine.
Now I did offer up a sacrifice at midnight right before the game came out, so I'm guessing that's why I haven't had any real issues.
But seriously after hearing everyone's good fortune and misfortune with online play I can't call the netcode good, nor can I call it bad, I'll just call it wonky and leave it like that.

Cadaveri

I dont know whats wrong with the game, but I can hardly find any ranked games from the search, It gave me 5-6 times "unable to find opponent" in a row after that I finally found a game and the game lagged pretty damn bad. I had everything set on "any".

I bet its alot better in the US where there are more players but I'v had no problems in lag in Soulcalibur V for example.
Even freaking DOA4 worked better.

Why did they have to ruin the nice new game with absolutely garbage netcode, SIIIIGH

Snipa

Well TeamNinja have stated on twitter they are already working on fixing the online and that's priority right now.

Unfortunately no date for the patch has been stated, but fingers crossed.
I never had problems with DOAU2/4 as long as like any game you play someone with a reasonable connection.

This however i can play someone from the same country with a fibre connection of 20MB+ and it freezes constantly.
Disappointing indeed.

DR2K

Well TeamNinja have stated on twitter they are already working on fixing the online and that's priority right now.

Unfortunately no date for the patch has been stated, but fingers crossed.
I never had problems with DOAU2/4 as long as like any game you play someone with a reasonable connection.

This however i can play someone from the same country with a fibre connection of 20MB+ and it freezes constantly.
Disappointing indeed.

Eh, they had no business releasing an unfinsihed half baked game. Now they're spending thousands on patches, and losing good word of mouth sales.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Eh, they had no business releasing an unfinsihed half baked game. Now they're spending thousands on patches, and losing good word of mouth sales.

You're oversimplifying an incredibly complicated situation within the company itself. If Team Ninja was at liberty to tweak the game until they were satisfied with it, it wouldn't be out yet. If actually maximizing profits was the priority of the head of the company, they would have ordered the release to be stalled for a couple of months so TTT2 would have had its window and passed by safely.

Business logic in Japan =/= business logic that the rest of the world uses. Different culture, different priorities.

Consider us blessed we're getting any patches at all, because that alone is basically a miracle.

Drake Aldan

Business logic in Japan =/= business logic that the rest of the world uses. Different culture, different priorities.
Thank you for saying this.

Aish. That's terrible. But at least it explains some of the decisions I've seen from Japanese developers/publishers.

DR2K

You're oversimplifying an incredibly complicated situation within the company itself. If Team Ninja was at liberty to tweak the game until they were satisfied with it, it wouldn't be out yet. If actually maximizing profits was the priority of the head of the company, they would have ordered the release to be stalled for a couple of months so TTT2 would have had its window and passed by safely.

Consider us blessed we're getting any patches at all, because that alone is basically a miracle.

Team Ninja's games prior to Itagaki's leave were usually delayed, from a few weeks to a few months. This is their most bug ridden game ever released. So waiting on a patch for a functional netcode, constant freezing issues, glitches, bugs, infinites, poor balance choices, etc. . . if they want to people to buy their DLC costumes then it's in their best interest to keep as many people playing.

I know Japanese gaming companies run on fairy dust for business sense. In their defense TTT2 was moved up when they had finalized their release date and neither game is the better for it sales wise so far. Dudebro shooters and sports games run supreme this time of year.

Lygophilia

It's that much of an issue, huh? It's been a problem for me to get into the genre again, but would like to give this one another try.

Zoruto

What happened here? I've been gone for 4 days and now everybody is bashing the netcode. It was pretty even a week ago now it's unanimously worse? Doesn't make sense to me. I've had the same ratio of lag at launch as I do now, about 2 matches out of 10 are laggy. Do you know why?

It's a P2P system. You lag because either you're on crappy wireless, or the guy you're playing is on crappy wireless. They don't need a better netcode, they need to invest in servers.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
It's not that it got "worse" it's just people been playing long enough to see why the net code is bad. Input lag, no counter, or blocking on reaction. Can't throw punish. Can't tech roll on reaction. And a lot more. With that said unless they fix the net code I'm done with rank matches.What sad is it seem people get more laggy the higher you rank up.

DontForkWitMe

yeah i dunno what the hells going on but starting from yesterday every match i play is laggy as hell even lagging against players who i previously had a decent connection with and other players with 4-5bars. im getting constant pausing and freezing every couple of seconds. I checked my internet and everything is fine and i get butter smooth connection on superior games like VFFS. game is officially unplayable now and if shit isn't remedied soon it will be traded in

TheTHCGamer

yeah i dunno what the hells going on but starting from yesterday every match i play is laggy as hell even lagging against players who i previously had a decent connection with and other players with 4-5bars. im getting constant pausing and freezing every couple of seconds. I checked my internet and everything is fine and i get butter smooth connection on superior games like VFFS. game is officially unplayable now and if shit isn't remedied soon it will be traded in
I feel you i had this idiot AriesSiren send me a messaging stating you must be playing on a wireless connection because i never lag in this game. I was like dude your so full of shit if your telling me youve never experienced lag in this game. I knew right there and then this guy must be trying to cover his ass for his connection.

The moron coldnt understand that its not my connection and that the netcode isnt that great. Ive played you Fork on VF5FS with no problems at all and its real hard to go back to this type of online play when youve been playing VF5FS. I really do hope improving the netcode is TN's priority or it will hurt long term sales for this game when people find out about this mediocre netcode.

I had a match against a player biohazard and it was LITERALLY giving me a headache because the match would freeze for 5 seconds every so often. Unfortunately i ran into him a few times and told him if i lagged that bad i just wouldnt be playing online. I know part of it was his terrible internet/connection but it doesnt help that the netcode is so damn mediocre. I really do hope that we get a netcode patch soon that NOTICEABLY improves the netcode in other words not a KOFXII and KOFXIII patch.

DrDogg

I haven't done any thorough testing, but it really seems like frame data changes online. I can't punish attacks that are -8 up to about -11 for the life of me. It doesn't seem to matter when I attempt my i7 throw punish, I always get interrupted by my opponent mashing attacks from disadvantage. I also noticed that my juggles all seem to connect much lower to the ground, and in some cases just whiff completely... and it's not because I'm inputting the notation late.

Without a local scene, if the netcode isn't fixed, I don't see myself playing this game. As it stands, all I'm doing is getting my rank to S+ on PSN and XBL while I wait for the patch. Playing online is only making me worse.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD