Orlando-ish, Florida

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Are there any fellow DOA players, or fighting game players in general interested in meeting up for local matches, gatherings, tournaments, et cetera in Casselberry, Altamonte Springs, Oviedo, Aloma, Lake Mary, Fern Park, Winter Springs, Maitland, or any areas close by?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Oh, I've heard of CEO before and meant to look into it, but I had completely forgotten about it. Looking into it now though, it appears that DOA will not be there this year. Bummer.

Raansu

Oh, I've heard of CEO before and meant to look into it, but I had completely forgotten about it. Looking into it now though, it appears that DOA will not be there this year. Bummer.

Only six people showed up at the last event. So ya, don't expect DoA to get any more support from CEO.

Raansu

Wow. That sucks.

It's one of the reasons I lost interest in the game. I actually put some effort in trying to get people to try the game. The general response from pretty much everyone there was pretty much the same. Most people laughed at DoA, and the most common comment from a lot of them was "that game is so random it makes MvC look consistent." Or my favorite "Dead on Arrival."

I already had my issues with the game, and I tried my best to be positive about it at the events and went into detail about mechanics when people were talking negatively about the game. I just had enough and didn't even bother going to the third event. I got in my car, got about 20 minutes down the road and decided to get lunch and go back home. I've given up on it. I tried doing a local scene with DoA4 as well with a buddy of mine. We met up in Orlando once a month, and swoozie came over one time, but it was pretty much just the four of us every month and we started to just go to the arcade instead.

With that said, Kurosaki Jono hangs out at my place once in awhile and others are welcome on weekends. My apartment is fairly small though but 3-4 people wouldn't bother me to much.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
That's really unfortunate. I wish I had people to play this with offline. I only know one person who likes DOA, but despite the fact that he says he "likes" it, he never ever plays it. In the few extremely rare times that he actually does, he doesn't try to learn anything and just mashes. He just doesn't take any competitive game seriously enough for it to be enjoyable playing him, so I just don't bother anymore.

Out of curiosity, which DOA were they playing at CEO? I'm guessing DOA4, but I'd imagine it would've been better to do DOA2U, or any version of DOA3.

Raansu

It was DoA5.

And you're only about 2 hours from me. You're more than welcome to come over and play some 3.1 or 5 and I'm sure Jono would be over as well.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It was DoA5.

Oh, for some reason I was thinking that CEO was just a summer thing. I didn't realize they had several tournaments throughout the year, so I assumed that the last one was DOA4 because DOA5 wasn't out last summer.

I just checked the results of the latest two DOA ones (the only two that I saw) and saw that you placed 2nd under "Not Subway" in the 9/29/12 tournament. Assuming that "Not Subway" is NOD Subway, who does he play now with the loss of Tengu?

And you're only about 2 hours from me. You're more than welcome to come over and play some 3.1 or 5 and I'm sure Jono would be over as well.

I appreciate the offer, but two hours to Tampa and two hours back is a long time to drive just to play some DOA for a few hours with one or two guys, at least for me anyway because I hate driving, lol. Not to mention I'd be driving alone which would make the trips even worse. That's why I was looking for players around Casselberry. I'd go if it were a bigger group of people, but I guess that's too much to ask for when it comes to DOA. If you ever start up those Orlando meetups again, I'd definitely drop by, but I don't blame you for giving up on it.

The fact that this appears to be my only chance to play DOA offline does make it tempting though, especially since I'd love to finally play 3.1. I'll definitely keep it in mind...

By the way, should I know who Kurosaki Jono is? The name doesn't ring a bell to me.

Talk to.ZakkuRye and his chick, I think they are close.

Nah. Unfortunately they appear to be three and a half hours away.

Raansu

It wasn't subway. It was one of his friends who played Lisa. There was three tournaments, but he never put up the results of the second tournament which I placed first in. Me and Jono left after the DoA event was over, but from what I read on the facebook page, some people couldn't handle their alcohol and started causing problems at the hotel and someone called the police so the MvC and SF tournaments never got finished.

And I doubt you would know Jono. He never posted much on DoAC and I'm not sure he has an account here. But he's a Brad player that lives in St. Pete.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It wasn't subway. It was one of his friends who played Lisa. There was three tournaments, but he never put up the results of the second tournament which I placed first in. Me and Jono left after the DoA event was over, but from what I read on the facebook page, some people couldn't handle their alcohol and started causing problems at the hotel and someone called the police so the MvC and SF tournaments never got finished.

Ha ha, wow. That's pretty funny.

And I doubt you would know Jono. He never posted much on DoAC and I'm not sure he has an account here. But he's a Brad player that lives in St. Pete.

Ah, okay. I never joined DOAC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD