Pai combos

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Found some good stuff for Pai's :3::3::F+P:. The following are guaranteed and cannot be escaped (stagger escaped or escaped in any other nature), held, or blocked.

:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :3::K::P::P:. This is a great followup, giving 31 damage and +13 advantage (+36 if the opponent decides to hold afterwards).
:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :3::3::P+K:. Guaranteed launcher, giving +33 advantage.
:3::3::F+P: > :4::P+K::H+K:. An okay followup, only giving +13 advantage (+36 if the opponent decides to hold afterwards).
:3::3::F+P: > :6::4::P::P:. An okay followup, only giving 21 damage and +12 advantage (+35 if the opponent decides to hold afterwards).
:3::3::F+P: > :2::P+K:. A decent followup, only giving +25 advantage (+48 if the opponent decides to hold afterwards). The attack gives you great distance from the opponent so I would not recommend attacking afterwards.
:3::3::F+P: > :4::6::H+K:. Guaranteed launcher, giving +30 advantage.
:3::3::F+P: > :6::6::H+K:. Guaranteed launcher, giving +24 advantage.
:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :P+K: > :3::3::P+K:. This is a great guaranteed launcher setup, giving 25 damage and +31 advantage.
:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :P+K: > :4::6::K::K:. This is an okay guaranteed launcher setup, giving 33 damage and +19 advantage.

It's not guaranteed - all highs except for P can be ducked
My mistake, I apologize for misleading everyone.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Been in NY since last Wednesday, so I haven't been able to contribute much of anything, especially since I haven't played this in weeks.

I do remember, though, that before leaving, I wanted to post something that should have been obvious, but I never really thought of until a short while ago.

A long, long time ago, when BKT P first became a CB, I pointed out that the second hit (whether it be P or K) was unholdable. I didn't think much on it beforehand, but just a little while ago, I realized how convenient that was. So, let's say you hit someone with 2P+K as a crush, and its your first stun. Hitting them with P guarantees the second P in the string, pushing them far enough in Clvl. 2 that they can be hit by a 66P CB right after, essentially making the string a 3 hit CB combo, similar to using her P+K to leave it at only 3 guesses instead of the usual 4.

Another interesting part of this is that if you manage to hit someone with 4P+KP (preferably on CH so you get the SDS), PP is guaranteed after that, leading to a 2 guess CB and leaving the opponent in Clvl. 3 regardless, allowing you to get a max height launch without it anyways. It's not common to hit someone with 4P+KP to start a combo with, but it can be done quite easily so long as you use proper mixup. 4P+K, so long as it's used at the right time, makes people question what you'll do. No one wants to get hit by that SDS, so they tend to block or counter. You can cancel the BT and do a throw like I always do, or use BT P+K, P (which is not only an i12 tracking high, but grants +1 on block), or the ever-useful 4P. So by using a 4P+K___ mixup, you can sometimes hit people with the 4P+KP portion as a first hit (though not entirely common still).

All of that said, the important thing to note, even if its use after 4P+KP is unlikely, is that it's a guaranteed 2nd hit that can't be shaken fast enough or countered out of quick enough to avoid the following CB, and it's guaranteed damage, so you might as well take it when there's absolutely no drawback to it.

Timasty

Now, most players that know Pai or have fought her a lot will most likely duck if you run up to them 'cause they think you're going to use her 66_K (which is pretty easy to avoid).
So instead you can just use this: :6::6_::P+K::1::H+P: dealing 70 damage. Sadly it only works if your opponent doesn't mash buttons after a successful hit with P+K.
Another good opportunity to use it is when you're on the ground and stand up while your enemy expects a wake up kick. If he holds mid kick, low kick or even just blocks low: :P+K::1::H+P: works well dealing wether 66 or 70 amount of damage.

Timasty

And here's a small trick using her P+K SDS after a crouching move like 46P+K: :4::6::P+K::2_::P+K:
The trick is to hold down :2_: before hitting with your :4::6::P+K:. Else you'll hit your enemy with her
:2::P+K: instead.
It's maybe not that amazing, but it could be useful after a 66P+K or a 2P+K using a BnB like this:
:4::6::P+K: :2_::P+K: :4::K::2: Bok:P: OR Bok:H+K: (Cr. Lvl 3)
66P+K 2_P+K is very good, but it whiffs depending on the character you fight against (especially men). So better use that near a wall or use it against a hold spammer.

Timasty

Was just playin' around and noticed that her KK could be some sort of use after her SDS with P+K:
:P+K: :K:(Whiffs):K: :4::6::H+K: :2_::3::P+K: :3::3::P::K:
:P+K: :K:(Whiffs):K: :4::6::H+K: :6::6::H+K: (as a good FT)
Only works if your opponent tries to hold after the SDS or buttonmashes around in order not to get thrown. It's -13 FA on block, but it can't be throw punished 'cause of distance.

I don't know; not the best thing in the world, but searching for new stuff here on this thread is pretty challenging.

Timasty

Noticed that moves like 4P and 46H+K are very useful near wall ('cause of low recovery). Normally a P PPKK will do after a wall splat. But with these, you're able to get even more damage:
:4::P:(BT or not BT) :P: :P: :P::P::K::K:
:4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P::P::K::K:
:3::K::P::P: :P: :P: :P::P::K::K:

:2::K::K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
:6::P+K::P: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
Bok :P+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
There are more, but I'm too tired to search 'em out atm. These are the most important ones.

Last edited:

Timasty

SSing while your opponent's in a stun could be pretty useful:

(Stun):4::P: :9::K: (SS) gives you a FA of +12
You could wether grab your opponent with 64T or 46T (highly recommended), use P+K which gives you a FA of +1 on block or use 1H+K as a low tracking strike which gives like +9 FA / +15 FA for a similar situation.

Using a SS while your opponent's in a cr. stun maybe let's you only get a NH grab instead of a HCH grab 'cause it takes away like 26 frames, but since there's not really a big difference between a NH or HCH dmg off of 46T or 64T, it doesn't really matter.

Timasty

A few (not SEable) BnBs with her :4::P+K: :H+K::P: (Cr. dmg. 11/28):

(FW = Featherweight ; SL = Superlightweight ; L = Lightweight ; M = Mediumweight ; C = Cruiserweight ; H = Heavyweight ; SH = Superheavyweight)

:4::P+K: :H+K::P: :6::6::H+K: (Cr. Lvl. 3 + SDS) ...

... BT:4::K: :P: :P: :P::P::P::4::K: (Dmg: 87 ; M - SH)
... BT :4::K: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 95 ; W)
... BT :4::K: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 99 ; SL - L)
... BT :4::K: :P: :4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 105 ; SL - L)
This combo only works if you're in an open stance after the 4P+K H+KP
... BT :4::K: :P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 107 ; FW)

:4::P+K: :H+K::P: :6::6::K::P: (Cr. Lvl. 2) ...

... :P: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 93 ; SL - SH)
... :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 95 ; FW)

:4::P+K: :H+K::P: :6::6::P: (Cr. Lvl. 3) ...

High strike launch
... :1::P: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 93 ; SH)
... :1::P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 97 ; M - H)
... :1::P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 103 ; L - W)
... :1::P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 109 ; L - W)
This combo only works if you're in a closed stance after the 4P+K H+KP
... :1::P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 101 ; SL - W)
... :1::P: :9::K: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 111 ; FW)
... :1::P: :9::K: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 117 ; FW)
This combo only works if you're in an open stance after the 4P+K H+KP

Med kick launch
... :3::H+K: :P: :P: :P::P::P::4::K: (Dmg: 89 ; H - SH)
... :3::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 103 ; M)
... :3::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 95 ; W)
... :3::H+K: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 101 ; SL - L)
... :3::H+K: :P: :4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 107 ; SL - L)
This combo only works if you're in a close stance after the 4P+K H+KP
... :3::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K: (Dmg: 109 ; FW)

Med punch launch isn't necessary. Instead use a CB burst with 66P.

A few CB setups with her :4::P+K: :H+K::P::

:4::P+K: :H+K::P: :6::6: :P: :6::6::P:
:4::P+K: :H+K::P: :2::P+K::4: Bok:P:
:4::P+K: :H+K::P: :9::K: :6::6::P:
:4::P+K: :H+K::P: :4::K::2: Bok:P:
:4::P+K: :H+K::P: :6::6::K: :6::6::P: (Avoidable at SE fastest)
:4::P+K: :H+K::P: (Hold):4::P+K: :P: Bok:P:

4P+K H+K is actually pretty useful as a stun reset. Codemaster for an example sometimes uses it after a CB burst to keep the pressure going giving you a FA of +7. As for me, I like using it similar to her 4P+K P Bok P:
:4::4::P: (Hold):4::P+K: :H+K: +12 FA.
There aren't too many moves which actually lets the 4P+K H+K stun reset be useful.
Moves I'd recommend before using the 4P+K H+K: :9::K:, :6::4::P: or :4::4::P:
Good amount of possibilities after a stun reset: turn around n' grab with a pressure grab if possible like 46T or 64T, BT 4P which gives +3 FA on block, BT 9K which gives +3 FA on block, BT 2P string for good pressure.

Now, you don't have to use a stun reset. You can also just continue the string:
:4::4::P: (Hold):4::P+K: :H+K::P: (Cr. Dmg. 23/28) giving you the same possibilities as before using this: 4P+K H+KP 66P.

And not to mention, 4P+K H+K is -2 FA on block (safe) and her 4P+K H+KP is -8 FA (not too unsafe; 5 frame T will whiff 'cause of distance).

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I don't know if anyone saw my last comment, but here it is. @Timasty and @Codemaster92163 please give me your thoughts on this.

Found some good stuff for Pai's :3::3::F+P:. The following are guaranteed and cannot be escaped (stagger escaped or escaped in any other nature), held, or blocked.

:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :3::K::P::P:. This is a great followup, giving 31 damage and +13 advantage (+36 if the opponent decides to hold afterwards).
:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :3::3::P+K:. Guaranteed launcher, giving +33 advantage.
:3::3::F+P: > :4::P+K::H+K:. An okay followup, only giving +13 advantage (+36 if the opponent decides to hold afterwards).
:3::3::F+P: > :6::4::P::P:. An okay followup, only giving 21 damage and +12 advantage (+35 if the opponent decides to hold afterwards).
:3::3::F+P: > :2::P+K:. A decent followup, only giving +25 advantage (+48 if the opponent decides to hold afterwards). The attack gives you great distance from the opponent so I would not recommend attacking afterwards.
:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :4::6::H+K:. Guaranteed launcher, giving +30 advantage.
:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :6::6::H+K:. Guaranteed launcher, giving +24 advantage.
:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :P+K: > :3::3::P+K:. This is a great guaranteed launcher setup, giving 25 damage and +31 advantage.
:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :P+K: > :4::6::K::K:. This is an okay guaranteed launcher setup, giving 33 damage and +19 advantage.

Last edited:

Timasty

I don't know if anyone saw my last comment, but here it is. @Timasty and @Codemaster92163 please give me your thoughts on this.
I really like the 33T 4P+K H+K idea of yours. But I don't think it's worth using 'cause you can get soo much damage off of this grab. Best imo of your list are these:

:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :3::K::P::P: NH / HCH
Especially near wall. You can get some serious damage off of this by using this after the wallsplat:
:P: :P: :P::P::K::K:
And it's guaranteed! Going up to 100 + wall dmg at a HCH 33T grab.

:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :P+K: > :2_::3::P+K: (Cr. Lvl. 1 + SDS) NH
Guaranteed launcher which can lead to lots of dmg. Especially against Superlight-, Light- and Featherweight characters:
Welterweight - Superheavyweight: :P: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

Superlight - Lightweight: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

Superlight - Lightweight + double 46H+K: :3::3::F+P: :P:(Whiff) :P+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P:
:4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

Featherweight: :6::4::P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

Featherweight + double 46H+K: :3::3::F+P: :F: :P+K: :2_::3::P+K: :6::4::P: :6_::P: :P:
:4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
(Need to test this combo out again, not 100% if it works. I'll edit it later if necessary)

Rest of your list is nice to have, but with having the opportunity to deal that much guaranteed damage, I would only use the :3::3::F+P: > :F: > :P+K: :2_::3::P+K: launcher on NH. Being able to grab your opponent with 33T isn't easy at all, so rather go for some nice damage dealing close to 1/3 of health bar on NH if done correctly.
Of course if you're able to catch your opponent with 33T at HCH, just go for the guaranteed CB burst: 33T P+K 66P. There are some double 46H+K setups aswell which Codemaster has listed somewhere in this thread (page 10?) already if you really want to deal up to 1/2 damage at HCH.

Of course, if you're not playin' serious and you're just here for the fun, you can go ahead and use some fun mix ups you listed up :p Best fun mixup tool I have is this:
:3::3::F+P: BT:2::P+K: :6::6::K::P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
Only problem is that it's pretty easy SEable (holdable, not guardable)... So ya... Hope this is a worthy response

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I really like the 33T 4P+K H+K idea of yours. But I don't think it's worth using 'cause you can get soo much damage off of this grab. Best imo of your list are these:

:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :3::K::P::P: NH / HCH
Especially near wall. You can get some serious damage off of this by using this after the wallsplat:
:P: :P: :P::P::K::K:
And it's guaranteed! Going up to 100 + wall dmg at a HCH 33T grab.

:3::3::F+P: > :F: > :P+K: > :2_::3::P+K: (Cr. Lvl. 1 + SDS) NH
Guaranteed launcher which can lead to lots of dmg. Especially against Superlight-, Light- and Featherweight characters:
Welterweight - Superheavyweight: :P: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

Superlight - Lightweight: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

Superlight - Lightweight + double 46H+K: :3::3::F+P: :P:(Whiff) :P+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P:
:4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

Featherweight: :6::4::P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

Featherweight + double 46H+K: :3::3::F+P: :F: :P+K: :2_::3::P+K: :6::4::P: :6_::P: :P:
:4::6::H+K: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
(Need to test this combo out again, not 100% if it works. I'll edit it later if necessary)

Rest of your list is nice to have, but with having the opportunity to deal that much guaranteed damage, I would only use the :3::3::F+P: > :F: > :P+K: :2_::3::P+K: launcher on NH. Being able to grab your opponent with 33T isn't easy at all, so rather go for some nice damage dealing close to 1/3 of health bar on NH if done correctly.
Of course if you're able to catch your opponent with 33T at HCH, just go for the guaranteed CB burst: 33T P+K 66P. There are some double 46H+K setups aswell which Codemaster has listed somewhere in this thread (page 10?) already if you really want to deal up to 1/2 damage at HCH.

Of course, if you're not playin' serious and you're just here for the fun, you can go ahead and use some fun mix ups you listed up :p Best fun mixup tool I have is this:
:3::3::F+P: BT:2::P+K: :6::6::K::P: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
Only problem is that it's pretty easy SEable (holdable, not guardable)... So ya... Hope this is a worthy response
Thanks for the response man! I really wish TN gave Pai's P+K a buff (maybe +12 to +14 advantage on NH), because it's impossible to pull off 33T afterwards.

Timasty

While Jugglin': :4::6::H+K: :P: :P: (:2:):3::P:(whiffs):[K]: is a pretty sick setup.

- Opponent can't interrupt the :3::P::[K]: with fastest strike after he TRs or rises
- Opponent can't SS, 'cause :3::P::[K]: tracks
- Opponent can't block, 'cause :3::P::[K]: is a guard break (+30 FA) giving you good guaranteed damage
- Opponent can only avoid the :3::P::[K]: if he holds mid kick after he rises or TRs OR uses any sort of wake up kick (if lucky, you can even avoid it if enemy wake up kicks at the correct time)
- Works on all Weightclasses
- Even works up to a FA of +46 after a :4::6::H+K:

Codemaster92163

I think I'll make a Pai general information thread at some point, since there's thing I want to share (small tidbits of information that can prove themselves useful to someone) that aren't exactly combos.

Anyways, few fun facts. :P::P:, :6::K::P:, :3::K::P:, :2::P+K::K: all jail opponents. This means if the first hit connects on block, the opponent is forced to block the second hit and cannot interrupt you in any way.

Also, though I was never quite sure of it until I bothered to check today (always thought it was, but never knew completely) :P::P::P: is a natural combo on NH and all 3 hits will connect without the chance of being countered, and the same applies to :3::K::P:.

Just random tiny bits of information to just illuminate her a bit more for everyone. Nothing big, just interesting.

Belegorm

Just wondering, I'm absolutely new to this game (and to 3D fighters in general, have played a good amount of SF, KOF and MB), and with that in mind, what bnb combos should I be attempting to learn, and to land in a fight? I played a tiiinnnnyyyy bit of VF4 and VF5 a few times over the past several years, and considering how hard it is to find people to play in that game, and the lack of events, I thought I'd give DOA a shot, but still with Pai, who I liked using in VF5.

Edit: And also what moves should I be using to hit confirm into said bnb combos?

Last edited:

Nuke-Nin

Just wondering, I'm absolutely new to this game (and to 3D fighters in general, have played a good amount of SF, KOF and MB), and with that in mind, what bnb combos should I be attempting to learn, and to land in a fight? I played a tiiinnnnyyyy bit of VF4 and VF5 a few times over the past several years, and considering how hard it is to find people to play in that game, and the lack of events, I thought I'd give DOA a shot, but still with Pai, who I liked using in VF5.

Edit: And also what moves should I be using to hit confirm into said bnb combos?
All I'm saying is
6P is fast, use it to interrupt attacks
46H+K rebounds the opponent during an air combo (when they are high enough in the air)
P+K > 33P+K is what I usually see people do but I never do it
I spam the hell out of 66H+K because that's how I am and I loved it in vanilla (never used pai in vanilla (when the move was boss status)
you need to be ready to do small amounts of damage, I feel like her twenty hit combos in solo are the equivalent to a 8-hit combo with Tina or even a 9-hit with Kasumi but that's a dramatization of course (only a wee bit)
Sidestep is every characters friend
6KP > 66KP I use it and it always works, that doesn't mean I spam it every round but occasionally switch the 66KP with a P+K for a sit-down stun

that's my mind-set when playing with Pai but then again I rotate around all the characters (*females) whenever I see one combo I like (that's why I'm subbing Hayate)

Codemaster92163

Forgot to post it here, since I had only ever made mention of it to Dbomb for his video.

On the Tiger walls, you can use a very-slightly delayed (and your timing doesn't even have to be perfect) _:6::P: > :4::6::H+K: > whatever +46 combo works depending on the weight. It's for all weights from the super-lightweights all the way up to Heavy weight (Mila through Gen Fu).

Also, with your back to a wall, :P+K: is guaranteed after :2::4::H+P:, so you can either link that into a CB if your opponent is just meh at staggering, or you can go for the guaranteed damage with :P+K: > :3::3::P::K: > :P: > :P::P::K::K:. On HCH, that's 109 damage for free, so it's nothing to sneeze at. Just you won't often be in that sort of situation except for on stages like Home and other small arenas.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD