Pai Version 1.04 Changes

Codemaster92163

Power Launcher is now 7P+K (changed from 236P+K) - Not a big change, but I'm sure some of you have had 46P+K come out on occasion instead of the PL, so it should help prevent that.

Back turned walking and crouch dashing has been adjusted - This isn't a major change. While she moves slower going backwards, she can still crouch dash her way out of harm if done correctly. This change is a small nerf to her BT movement speed, as she can still dash away relatively well. Her movement speed has been truncated in half, basically, as far as BT dashing is concerned.

2P on whiff delay has been reduced by 2F - Now, when whiffing 2P, you won't be stuck sitting there for quite as long. On hit, she recovers fast, and even on block, but whiffing it causes her to freeze up. This seeks to address that.

Crouching 3P+K (or 33P+K) on whiff delay has been reduced by 2F - As said above, it's a minor buff so whiffing the move won't lock Pai up for quite as long.

6P damage increased to 17, up from 16 - A very minor damage buff. Nothing to get excited over, but it's better than nothing.

PPPK, BT K, 4H+K damage increased to 35, up from 30 - A fairly decent buff. It's not a huge amount, but considering 6KPK is often used to end juggles when next to a wall, it should provide a few extra points of damage in wall combos, as well as whiff punishing with 4H+K

Changed frames on high kick counter (7H), more guaranteed options - This may be one of the best changes so far. 4P is now guaranteed, as is 66H+K, 66P, and more. Even on fastest stagger escape, the opponent is locked in stun for 46 frames, giving us MUCH more time to setup. After CH or HCH, a 4P into 66P will net you a Critical Burst, with the 4P being uncounterable.

Recovery frames on 66H+K reduced - While not as good as it's old pre-ultimate self, 66H+K is pretty damn close. Once again, 2P+K is guaranteed off of the SDS, and we have a few more frames to fiddle with after landing the move. After her high counters, you can use 66H+K then follow it up with 2PPKK for more damage as opposed to PPKK

Last edited:

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Changed frames on high kick counter (7H), more guaranteed options - This may be one of the best changes so far. 4P is now guaranteed, as is 66H+K, 66P, and more. Even on fastest stagger escape, the opponent is locked in stun for 46 frames, giving us MUCH more time to setup. After CH or HCH, a 4P into 66P will net you a Critical Burst, with the 4P being uncounterable.
I can't get the underlined part to land, even on High Counter. Is there a trick to doing it?

Codemaster92163

Sorry, I should mention that 4P > 66P only works on people who stagger escape on fastest. For it to work on everyone else, use 4P, P, 66P

Timasty

As far as I know, her 2P FA has changed aswell, if the opponent is in a critical stun. I think it used to be 4+, but now it's like +14 or +11.

Vincent Rayne

i plan on representing Pai at SCR coming up so i was wondering if i could get some good tips and tricks. i already have a pretty good idea on what to do with her and stuff from watching codemaster's match vids and that VF character showdown thing japan streamed a couple of times. still getting completely used to her 1.04 changes.

first big question is what are good options off of Pai's low punch hold?

Codemaster92163

The answer to that question is none whatsoever, lol. I just go for 6P+K ___ and mixup from there, either into HKS or the second punch.

Timasty

The bound stun of P+K has changed aswell. Now you're able to do: P+K P+K 46H+K P P P 33PK, instead of P+K P+K 46H+K 23P+K 33PK.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD