PC Modding tutorials

KasumiLove

How to add glasses to a face

A little explanation on how to do it.

First, replace the WGT_sweat_cheek_l by the glasses you need in Polygone tool.

In Object tool, change to Glasses 2:
1457266134-obj.jpg

Then, open the TMC in Hex Edit and rename both *_sweat_cheek_l and WGT_sweat_cheek_l to WGT_glasses.

Replace the numbers by 00 like on the picture:
bhmfsrW.jpg

Don't forget to change the texture in Texture Tool to have the correct color.

Credits to bbb.

0ng

Hi, I'm trying to swap Mai shiranui costume for Momiji (by Huchi) to Kasumi and after I've followed bbb guide in this thread, (http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc-modding-tutorials.5818/page-2#post-298544) I still have the neck seam. But I don't understand this part

"for the texture, the tool isn't 100% perfect with them. it will change the skin colour, and keep the painted shadows, but it is close enough that you can just copy and paste the shadow onto a clean skin texture of the character.

then simply drag the tmc into texture tool, select the skin texture, and drag in your edited skin texture (alternatively, if you don't care for shadows, just drag in a clean skin texture)"

Can anyone explain this to me?

Last edited:

bbb

Hi, I'm trying to swap Mai shiranui costume for Momiji (by Huchi) to Kasumi and after I've followed bbb guide in this thread, (http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc-modding-tutorials.5818/page-2#post-298544) I still have the neck seam. But I don't understand this part

"for the texture, the tool isn't 100% perfect with them. it will change the skin colour, and keep the painted shadows, but it is close enough that you can just copy and paste the shadow onto a clean skin texture of the character.

then simply drag the tmc into texture tool, select the skin texture, and drag in your edited skin texture (alternatively, if you don't care for shadows, just drag in a clean skin texture)"

Can anyone explain this to me?

which version of the abc tool are you using? I believe the latest version fixes the neck seam on its own, and improved the texture swapping so those extra steps aren't required anymore

Reactions: 0ng

0ng

which version of the abc tool are you using? I believe the latest version fixes the neck seam on its own, and improved the texture swapping so those extra steps aren't required anymore

I downloaded every tools (only newest version) in the link you have provided.
Here is the list:
ABC Transformer 2 alphalpha 2016-5-8-1
Texture Tool 1.3
TMC Bone Tool 0.6.1
TMC Polygon Insert Tool 0.12.2
Blender 2.77a (this one I downloaded it from official website because I couldn't find it in your provided link)
and Blender plugins

So only ABC transformer is required for fixing neck seam?
After I've tried using only ABC transformer, it still doesn't work.
Or there is newer version of the tool?

Last edited:

bbb

I downloaded every tools (only newest version) in the link you have provided.
Here is the list:
ABC Transformer 2 alphalpha 2016-5-8-1
Texture Tool 1.3
TMC Bone Tool 0.6.1
TMC Polygon Insert Tool 0.12.2
Blender 2.77a (this one I downloaded it from official website because I couldn't find it in your provided link)
and Blender plugins

So only ABC transformer is required for fixing neck seam?
After I've tried using only ABC transformer, it still doesn't work.
Or there is newer version of the tool?

that version should be able to fix the neck seam on its own. if it doesn't, then try continuing with the blender step. don't worry about the texture step you quoted.

blender 2.75a is what the doa plugins were made for. not sure if they are compatible with 2.77a. you can get 2.75a here

https://www.blender.org/features/past-releases/2-75/

0ng

Still no luck. I don't know what's wrong. I've tried with other costumes including official DLC,
for example, I've tried to swap Kasumi first dlc costume to Kokoro and I still got neck gap. (I used ABC + bone tool):(

0ng

This is the result after using your version @Amaso . Still having neck gap.

CP3vpvX.jpg

But thank you both of you for helping me. ;)

0ng

@0ng
Which costume is that ?

This is Kasumi 022 dlc costume from official dlc 352150, extracted by Archive Tool.
I wanted to try if the tools work or not, sadly the result is what's in the picture.

Last edited:

bbb

This is the result after using your version @Amaso . Still having neck gap.

CP3vpvX.jpg

But thank you both of you for helping me. ;)

you're right, I tested it and it has a neck gap with that costume. it might be because that costume doesn't have an actual skin neck so the tool doesn't do it properly. So the only option in this case is to manually fix it in blender

KasumiLove

I'll add it later today, can you explain shortly how it works, if you know? It was the one thing I didn't really get, which is why it's not there yet :p

I don't remember that's why i asked. There were something about pressing a key to save and another to be back to normal.

xRuneXero

I don't remember that's why i asked. There were something about pressing a key to save and another to be back to normal.
Alright, I'll look into it and add it in a bit

EDIT: @KasumiLove I added it to the guide. I didn't really test it much, so please let me know if it works.

Last edited:

CherryBlossomsNinja

How to add glasses to a face

A little explanation on how to do it.

First, replace the WGT_sweat_cheek_l by the glasses you need in Polygone tool.

In Object tool, change to Glasses 2:
1457266134-obj.jpg

Then, open the TMC in Hex Edit and rename both *_sweat_cheek_l and WGT_sweat_cheek_l to WGT_glasses.

Replace the numbers by 00 like on the picture:
bhmfsrW.jpg

Don't forget to change the texture in Texture Tool to have the correct color.

Credits to bbb.
In this program, where I erase the shadows? And where I download the Object Tool in English?

Last edited:

bbb

In this program, where I erase the shadows? And where I download the Object Tool in English?

just delete the . disable in the language.dat.disable file and the tool will become english

the last 2 columns on the right are for shadows.

cast means that the mesh will cast a shadow, and recv means the mesh will receive a shadow.

if you want the mesh to recieve or cast shadows, set them to 1.

if you want the mesh to not recieve or cast shadows, set them to 2.

CherryBlossomsNinja

just delete the . disable in the language.dat.disable file and the tool will become english

the last 2 columns on the right are for shadows.

cast means that the mesh will cast a shadow, and recv means the mesh will receive a shadow.

if you want the mesh to recieve or cast shadows, set them to 1.

if you want the mesh to not recieve or cast shadows, set them to 2.
Thanks for your answer. :D

I didn't understand what you mean (because of my bad English maybe and Translator didn't help in this time), but I want to remove the shadow of some mods because the shadow is bug in these costumes and it disrupts the view, so i set them to 2???

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD