DOA5LR PC-version information collection

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So someone posted a last gen vs current vs pc comparison and it looks like PC actually looks better than current and last gen.
I hope DOA5HardCore will be a free update for PC to make up for the missing stuff!

synce

Haha those steam reviews... And there's already some modding going on. Now Tecmo will punish us for misbehaving and not port DOA6 :p

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Surprisingly, the game actually runs on a Macbook under Parallels + Win 8.1. Too bad even with the lowest settings and max resources allocated, the game runs at like < 10fps lol. I'll have to give it a try under Bootcamp and see if it's any better.

Xhominid The Demon Within

It's hilarious looking at these modding sites and seeing people do it just to get revenge on TN for making a "bad" port of DOA5LR from their Arcade port...

People are taking this way too personal to make sense.

Pink Nitro

It's hilarious looking at these modding sites and seeing people do it just to get revenge on TN for making a "bad" port of DOA5LR from their Arcade port...

People are taking this way too personal to make sense.
Well, their anger is justified. Granted, just a simple explanation from TN would've settled things down a long time ago. I mean, first Steam trailer showed a new stage, only to find out you won't be playing it. Then, you find out that you're missing a lot of other features they never told you about. Then, the last straw is when they replace the Steam trailer with the 5U trailer and just slap "Last Round" on it. All the meanwhile any questions or concerns you had were ignored.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
First costume mod posted on steam :eek:
plo5Rs6.jpg
I'm sorry, but that shit looks ugly as fuck. Is that the best the modding community can do?

Macca Beam

Huh, I just noticed that the 10% discount was extended all the way to June 30. That's nice because I decided against getting it early.

Also lol@ people exploding in the review section.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Huh, I just noticed that the 10% discount was extended all the way to June 30. That's nice because I decided against getting it early.

Also lol@ people exploding in the review section.

Sounds like the 10% is for the (lack of) Online mode, and not a pre-order 'bonus'.

Also, no issues here. Running 1080p everything else max'd for solid 60fps. I can run it 4K with everything maxed but it chugs at 40-50 frames in match so.. yeah. If I could actually rotate the camera with my arcade stick I'd take some screens for that one thread no one posts photos on.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
To pause you have to press R3. I also couldn't map L2 & R2 since start and select act as the triggers for some stupid reason.
Oh... I have a fight pad, so I can't press R3... I'm using keyboard atm and I am currently at about (if less) the same level as controller. I just can't Izuna, and my holding is a bit off.

At minimum settings and reasonable resolution i get up to 59 fps in tutorial (cool!) but mostly 29-45 fps in arcade mode etc.

That's with shadows on. With shadows OFF i have 52-59 fps on most stages (besides Tropical Island). Regarding that my gpu is 1/3 of minimum requirement i can't compain :)

As for doing circle stuff with keybaord, now i m not sure. QC works easy, HC need some timing cause it thinks u do 4136 instead of 41236 if you do it too fast and it's near impossibru to do full circle for that critical stun escape, kinda

NightAntilli

Sounds like the 10% is for the (lack of) Online mode, and not a pre-order 'bonus'.

Also, no issues here. Running 1080p everything else max'd for solid 60fps. I can run it 4K with everything maxed but it chugs at 40-50 frames in match so.. yeah. If I could actually rotate the camera with my arcade stick I'd take some screens for that one thread no one posts photos on.
Same here. But I like the AA that the higher resolutions give. So I decided to drop the shadows and SSAA one step both to maintain a constant 60fps. The game is literally unplayable if it drops below 60. Even at 50-59 fps the game is unplayable. It needs to be a constant 60 or nothing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD