DOA5LR PC-version information collection

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ah, I see. :) So it is basically like PS3 (low setting) vs PS4 (high setting) self-shadowing? Or the highest setting is even better, than what you get on PS4.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
After the newest patch I'm getting some weird frame drops, typically at the start of a round. Doesn't matter what settings I tweak in or out of the game itself. If I play normal Versus it doesn't appear to happen but it does in Story matches for whatever reason. Even happens on simple stages. Kind of bizarre.

Kronin

slightly more accurate comparison between low and high shadows:

Thanks so much Seppu. it's a much more better example IMO, you found a good subject with Brad's necklace for showing the difference in action (even the sky is different). Also a gif file is perfect for this kind of comparison.

Seppu

i may be wrong but i believe that was just a passing cloud in the background as the scramble stage is very dusty. i don't think shadow resolution would affect the sky in any way

Kronin

i may be wrong but i believe that was just a passing cloud in the background as the scramble stage is very dusty. i don't think shadow resolution would affect the sky in any way

Ahahah, silly me! Yes I think that you're right =)

How do you take in-game pictures @Kronin ? I would love to share my pictures :D

I use the very common "Fraps" that allow you to get videos or screenshot during the gameplay through the use of hotkeys (with factory setting F10 is the button to press for getting sceens), in addition to monitor the frames of the game =)

Princess Kasumi

Ahahah, silly me! Yes I think that you're right =)

I use the very common "Fraps" that allow you to get videos or screenshot during the gameplay through the use of hotkeys (with factory setting F10 is the button to press for getting sceens), in addition to monitor the frames of the game =)
Thank you! by the way the stage "Hot" is the only one that makes my game slow-down

Kronin

Thank you! by the way the stage "Hot" is the only one that makes my game slow-down

Doesn't happen to me but anyway it's not so surprising, in Hot Zone (just as in Fuel after the Danger Zone activation) there are many dynamic elements on screen and so more calculations to do for the CPU compared to the average stage. By the way if you haven't already tried it, there are many chances that if you lower some setting on the configuration you can be able to play on those stages without slow-downs.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
After the newest patch I'm getting some weird frame drops, typically at the start of a round. Doesn't matter what settings I tweak in or out of the game itself. If I play normal Versus it doesn't appear to happen but it does in Story matches for whatever reason. Even happens on simple stages. Kind of bizarre.

I was getting that pre-patch honestly. Most typically when having uMod running in the background (but not running any mods or downloading any textures). It only was happening to me at the start of tag mode Arcade matches. It would happen 2-3 seconds into the start of the match and hiccup for a second.

gamemaster14

Just a random question, not sure if it has been asked,

With the 2 DLC packs on Steam, does that give the pc version all the costumes of atleast the ps3/360 versions (excluding that latest one with the destructable clothing)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It still does not have the alternate color outfit pack released for some pre-orders on console, the new ninja packs, and the senran kagura packs.

They'll probably wait to release them all as one pack on Steam when the third and final ninja pack is released in a week-ish.

synce

Also I'm pretty sure all the bikinis are missing. There's a thread on steam forums with exactly what's missing

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I doubt there will be sales, KT doesn't tend to participate in the Steam Sales.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They're giving away two games in PS+ next month so maybe they're turning a new leaf. Still, I doubt it'll be on sale any time soon.

gamemaster14

do try, my laptop got the same spec
Well, Installed DOA5LR on the i5 Intel GMA HD laptop last night. Ran all Direct X updates. Game.exe just crashes and the game does not run. Not sure if the game just will not run on a GMA HD chipset or if something else is going on.

HHH816

Well, Installed DOA5LR on the i5 Intel GMA HD laptop last night. Ran all Direct X updates. Game.exe just crashes and the game does not run. Not sure if the game just will not run on a GMA HD chipset or if something else is going on.

ok , test with my laptop i5 with on board graphic, the game can run normally but the FPS really slow down, disable the shadow , AA and

the game run normally only at certain stages..green mat stages and aircraft carrier..my laptop got heated up really quickly and i have to shutdown

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm getting a lot of slowdown after a couple of minutes of play. Not sure if this is an issue with memory leakage or my CPU not managing this on the lowest settings. I guess an i5 gtx460m really isn't up to scratch for 15+ minutes of this game.

chuankaimah

Lol the good thing is that only the textures of background is a little lowered, but the character models don't suffer much. Even my laptop of 4 years old can play it.

gamemaster14

ok , test with my laptop i5 with on board graphic, the game can run normally but the FPS really slow down, disable the shadow , AA and

the game run normally only at certain stages..green mat stages and aircraft carrier..my laptop got heated up really quickly and i have to shutdown
What kind of graphics chipset does your laptop have?

Also, with the new DLC packs (shown at the bottom of this page): http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_5_Last_Round/Downloadable_Content Does the pc version now have all of the console content? (Except for the Senran Kagura which wasn't listed)

Bass does look a bit weird as a Ninja:

c_062_08.jpg

The more I think about this, the more I want to see a mod for Ninja Gaiden that replaces Ryu with Ninja Bass.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD