Community Pennsylvania Thread

RiBu

Given that it looks like the last thread died over a year ago, and was based solely on a single region in the state...

Who's where in this state? Recently moved here for school. Let's get an idea of what kind of community we have here.

I'm currently in the process of looking to set up gatherings at my place maybe 1-2 times a week depending on the size of the crowd. This pertains to not just DOA5, but also UMVC3/SSF4AE/whatever else is requested....

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
I live in Philly and I go to a few gatherings. On Thursday from 1PM-8PM people gather at Community College of Philadelphia in Center City playing various games in the Coffee House. On Fridays from 3PM-12PM people gather in Temple University's Student Center playing various games as well also having 2-3 free casual tournaments, games change every week but you can still play anything that's not in the tournament. And right now BigE is trying to set up a bi-weekly event near University Pinball on 40th and Spruce.

Dragon_Reaper_85

Standard Donor
Live in the Pittsburgh area if in anybody is interested we usually have our gatherings @ Carnegie Mellon University on Thursdays from 7pm-12am sometimes even longer depending on the time for more info hit me up. Also anymore fellow DOA players or any other fighter games hit me up for more info

DigitalNinjaLee

I'm from Pittsburgh. I feel like I've said this a lot in the forums, but I am an alright player trying to get better.
GT: DigitalNinjaLee

The HuBBs

I know you people are out there. Let's get this thread jiving! Philly, Delco, North Delaware, & South Jersey Step up!

The HuBBs

I declare myself the Best DOA Player in the Philadelphia scene. Not that there's anyone here willing to step up and force me to refute my claim.

Demoth

So this thread hasn't been looked at since January, buuuuut.....

I live in Philly. My woman seems to have some serious issues with strangers from the Internet, so are there still willing to host DOA fight nights? Being 30 also makes this sound weird, but I'm putting my age out there because walking into someone's home / apartment and seein nothing but people in their early 20's would also make me feel as though I should just bring my rocking chair and complain about years long past.

Then again, I'd also probably be bringing 3 friends along (younger brother who is 23). I also don't mind bringing snacks and drinks despite never really partaking in them, as it just seems like common courtesy if someone is inviting you into their home.

This is all new to me, btw. I don't normally put this type of thing out there, but the 4 of us are not really improving our game anymore by beating the hell out of each other every Thursday night.

Demoth

Also, someone inviting people from this forum over to their place, only to find out their a teenager and its their parent's home who would look at me as though I were a man-child would be just too much of an ego blow.

EDIT - Not knocking anyone for living at home. I have unmarried friends who live at home to save money / help out parents.

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
I declare myself the Best DOA Player in the Philadelphia scene. Not that there's anyone here willing to step up and force me to refute my claim.

Took this title from you at WB, but yeah this forum seems really dead. About session, i'll see what I can manage and if I have the time to do it. What day is everyone usually free?

Demoth

M
Took this title from you at WB, but yeah this forum seems really dead. About session, i'll see what I can manage and if I have the time to do it. What day is everyone usually free?

I try to set aside Thursdays as that is my day off from the gym, though I do investigations for the state of NJ, so sometimes I get a case near the end of the day and my entire evening gets thrown off.

But yes, Thursdays has been our designated "fighting game night".

The HuBBs

I'll be having a session at my place next monday. Maybe you guys can swing by? And BTW I don't remember us playing at WB Kastu. Only person I played in casuals was Blackberry then I lost to Sonicfox and Blackula in pools.

Demoth

I'll be having a session at my place next monday. Maybe you guys can swing by? And BTW I don't remember us playing at WB Kastu. Only person I played in casuals was Blackberry then I lost to Sonicfox and Blackula in pools.

I don't forsee myself being bust Monday after work. How close are you to Philly again?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD