Probably not buying.

I think your title of the thread and your first post are what people killed you for. You really didn't come off as a person who was looking for advice on buying the game. You looked like you just came here to bitch and complain about what you heard. If you're looking for feedback on anything instead of stating something like you did in this thread, ask a question. We're not speaking to you face to face or in real time so things get lost in translation.
I knew the moment I saw the title of your thread how this would turn out.

Female Tengu

Then don't buy it. That's all I can say. Imagine if I would start topics like this. I don't like RE6, ok, let's make a post in the Capcom boards titled "I'm not buying it. The game looks like Gears of War". Come on.

"Clothings", lol....because that's the number one reason for any fighter.

GLoRToR

I knew the moment I saw the title of your thread how this would turn out.
That's the whole point. If I just ask a question, people line up like sheep either giving me the fan movement or the downspeech. Also, this post reached the people it was intended to reach, even if they didn't post here. They instead talked to me over msn and skype about it - because this was easier than to copy paste several messages to several people.
Although - I'm happy for your abilities of foresight.
What you didn't know, is that had I taken the time to carry on with the thread, it would have sparked discussion.
Either constructive posts like yours, or some like the one below:

Then don't buy it. That's all I can say. Imagine if I would start topics like this. I don't like RE6, ok, let's make a post in the Capcom boards titled "I'm not buying it. The game looks like Gears of War". Come on.
You have been constructive to the thread. You get a cookie.

"Clothings", lol....because that's the number one reason for any fighter.
Here's the lesson of the day for you: Your opinion is worth just as much to me, as mine to you. OMGROFLMAOL-ing at what other people think, does not get you a thumbs up. It gets you an entirely different finger.

bingsoo

Obviously I was looking for feedback with this thread, presenting my own argument.
Those among you who were reasonable: thank you.
The netcode is not as bad as people made it out to be.. at least from my experience. MK9 was unplayable. DOA5 has like 1 laggy match every 8 or 9 matches I play, and that's because I'm playing someone halfway across the world.

From what I've seen and experienced with the game so far, it is pretty balanced. It's a great game and if there are enough people who play near you, the online works. Supposedly they're working on a netcode fix. You could wait till then if you're still not sold. Hope you get it, though :)

Female Tengu

Here's the lesson of the day for you: Your opinion is worth just as much to me, as mine to you. OMGROFLMAOL-ing at what other people think, does not get you a thumbs up. It gets you an entirely different finger.
So that doesn't change the fact that buying a fighter/or not buying it, for the clothes is the strangest thing ever. If you buy a fighter for the clothes, then a fighter is simply the wrong genre. And this is my honest opinion.
And btw, your first post isn't constructive either.

Of course this game is worth the money...IF you wanna play a good fighter and not barby dressing your doll. The online works, and sometimes it doesn't. I had similar problems in SC5 as well (even though it's slightly better here).
Playing private with people/friends will ensure no one uses glitches/bugs etc.

So where is the actual problem? I got the impression you were just bashing the game. And that's all.

TheTHCGamer

I could care less if you dont buy this DOA5 because your the one missing out on a fun ass game and im not going to sit here trying to convince you to buy it either. I really cant stand these types of topics and if your not going to buy the game then why tell the community of that particular game? Couldnt you just kept it to yourself and just not bought the game.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Netcode is actually good. Not perfect. But definitely good. I never ran into an infinite. Like others have said it'll get patch anyways. Many fighters have had that problem when first released now in days.

TheTHCGamer

Interestingly enough, if you wanna a good fighter and you wanna play dress up, get VF5FS plus costume packs :)
I love VF5FS but its always good to have variety. VF5FS is my favorite fighting game this gen but i personally dont want it to be the only fighting game i play. Also most fighting games that dont have an arcade release usually have glitches/bugs but most of the noticeable ones will be patched.

Lol lots of games in general needed patches when there released and if thats whats holding you back there must be a lot of games you dont play.

GLoRToR

After being prodded at by like ten people on my friends list, I finally bought it. I'll be completing story mode and then arcade with every character I find interesting, and then decide for a main.
And just because your character's looks aren't important to you, there is no good reason why you should be bitching at me just because it is for me. Go try your shit on somebody that cares.

@Bingsoo fight ya soon bro. Want to acquaint myself with the game before I fight anybody.
@Drake Aldan see you later tonight on sc hopefully.

bingsoo

After being prodded at by like ten people on my friends list, I finally bought it. I'll be completing story mode and then arcade with every character I find interesting, and then decide for a main.
And just because your character's looks aren't important to you, there is no good reason why you should be bitching at me just because it is for me. Go try your shit on somebody that cares.

@Bingsoo fight ya soon bro. Want to acquaint myself with the game before I fight anybody.
@Drake Aldan see you later tonight on sc hopefully.
Sweet. Hope the netcode works for you man. One week in, I can already tell you that the balance is better than that other game that had us ripping our hair out and so is the netcode. Looking forward to the matches :)

GLoRToR

So far, on paper, the game seems to be fair and balanced.
I do wonder if in this game every character will go even or there will be facerolling.

GLoRToR

Did you get the free DLC?
Hey Havik, been a while. No, not yet. I haven't gone online with the game yet. Just finished Story mode and completed Arcade with Ayane. I love the annotations that you can turn on to see your options.
I'm hoping to God for more dlc, some of the outfits are hideous.

franman

Infinites, crappy clothing, horrible netcode. These are what I discerned so far. I'm going to wait and watch but tbh I have Soul Calibur. Sorry, DoA5.
I'll have to see if it's worth the money.
While SC5 does have a solid netcode it does have infinites. Viola can do back throw infinites. Also Dampierre can continuosly do 3A's till you're dead or when there's a random situation where he's in pain. Among other things there are whiff issues that need to be fixed in SC5 and Namco is no longer giving a patch.

While I'll take with a grain of salt that DOA5 needs some patching to do I just hope Tecmo stands behind their game continiously giving patch updates and DLC worthy of buying not like in SC5 where it's just music; a DLC character that is already in the game; and the rest being silly costumes for custom characters.

And of course I hope Tecmo gets enough financial support from fans and consumers to make this happen. As for the clothing I've got nothing to say to that as it's entirely subjective.

MasterHavik

Hey Havik, been a while. No, not yet. I haven't gone online with the game yet. Just finished Story mode and completed Arcade with Ayane. I love the annotations that you can turn on to see your options.
I'm hoping to God for more dlc, some of the outfits are hideous.
lol do I know you? I'm trying to remember....And yeah some are ass.

GLoRToR

lol do I know you? I'm trying to remember....And yeah some are ass.
Not by this name. Though, this is my name on TYM as well now. Decided to go with my original alias and contribute rather than stir up trouble. A bit of attention is never a bad thing though. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD