PS1 version help

TRI Mike

Last night I ordered the PS1 version of DOA1 from Amazon to add to my collection. But since my friends and I like to have "retro" gaming meetings with N64 and PS1 stuff, DOA1 would be a very strong contender for the main fighter in those (We usually just do Rival Schools, Dark Stalkers and shit like that). So I'd like to know what to expect, I know Bass and Ayane are in that version, unlike the DOAU one. Who should I main, any "tier lists" available¿ combo videos¿ other recommendations¿

Nightpup

One thing you should know is that you actually have to unlock Ayane by getting every single costume in the game. I don't know of any tier lists, but some very strong characters in my opinion, are Kasumi, Jann Lee, Ayane, Raidou, and Hayabusa.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Jumping punch is your best tool as it creates a deep stun on counter hit the guarantees a launcher (so does high wakup on crouching opponent) and is unholdable.

Nightpup

You can only unlock up to so many costumes depending on the difficulty level you have it on. To unlock them all, you pretty much have to keep doing Tournament/Arcade/Story(whatever it's called)with every character on default settings, cranking the difficulty slider up if you're not unlocking any more. You get one costume per run.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
There is a bug which you can use to get easy access to costumes and characters. It involves setting everything to the default normal setting, going back to the options menu and setting it back to easy mode with enemy life bar at its smallest and yours at largest.

Sometimes you have to keep the difficulty on normal and turn breast physics back on, but you can change the life bar settings. Try it again, in case it doesn't work and just try and change different parameters. Pick a female character and once you go past the 13th/14th costume, it should start unlocking the rest.

Makes unlocking things less of a chore, but it should still take you a few hours to unlock everything minus all the voices (you need a stick to do Raidou's throws).

and like Wah said, jumping neutral P is your friend and nets you big damaging combos.

R4712-VR88

Just set everything to normal and just change your life bar to largest and the AI's to smallest.

I always thought EVERYTHING had to be set to default. When I did my long run to unlocking everything I used my GameShark to give me infinite health.

Anyway, TRI Mike, you have to unlock all the costumes to unlock Raidou and then Ayane. You unlock costumes by completeing the arcade mode each time. All the girls have 14 costumes and all the guys have 5. Raidou being the exception to only having 3 costumes.

TRI Mike

So I have to finish Arcade mode with the girls 12 times and 3 with the boys¿ and then once with Raidou to get Ayane and finish arcade mode with her 12 times to get all costumes in the game by doing that... glitch¿

Nightpup

So I have to finish Arcade mode with the girls 12 times and 3 with the boys¿ and then once with Raidou to get Ayane and finish arcade mode with her 12 times to get all costumes in the game by doing that... glitch¿
Correct-o.

TRI Mike

Got the game, liking it a lot. Maining Jann Lee but I have no one to play with because my friends are a bunch of idiots. I can't believe I used to dislike DOA1. Any material with combo videos and good set-ups with the Lee boy¿

Nightpup

Eww, Jann. His power output in that was absolutely silly. Half a lifebar with a single punch, plus dangerzone = another half a lifebar. I always mained Ayane in the PSX version.

Nightpup

I'd love it if they rereleased DOA1 again or something with DOA5U; I never got to fight anyone online :<

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD